I need some suggestions!! PI or CP?

browns99df

Original Poster
I'm so lost. I applied for a professional internship and now I finally just got an email about it. But during the time I was waiting I decided that doing the college program again may be better for me. I graduate in May, so this is my last chance for anything. My thinking was, I can meet more people if I do the college program and have way more fun.. because if I do the internship I will have to find my own place to live... won't be able to meet many people very easily. I'm stuck I need opinions :(

The internship I applied for is information management @ the animal kingdom - https://disney.recruitmax.com//main/careerportal/job_profile.cfm?szOrderID=44331

Help :brick:

radiohost

I'm so lost. I applied for a professional internship and now I finally just got an email about it. But during the time I was waiting I decided that doing the college program again may be better for me. I graduate in May, so this is my last chance for anything. My thinking was, I can meet more people if I do the college program and have way more fun.. because if I do the internship I will have to find my own place to live... won't be able to meet many people very easily. I'm stuck I need opinions :(

The internship I applied for is information management @ the animal kingdom - https://disney.recruitmax.com//main/careerportal/job_profile.cfm?szOrderID=44331

Help :brick:

You gaduate this may right???

Yes the college program is fun, but it wont get you into the company as much as a PI would.

Since you graduate in May, you need to ask yourself, what is best for me now that I am a graduate? Well, you worked hard for that diploma, now its time for you to use it and get a real job.

PI will pay better, and plus, you will be a manager. I say go with the PI if you have already done the CP, if not then you can do another CP.

Radiohost:cool:

browns99df

Original Poster
I say, see if u get the PI offered, if not apply for the CP and then apply for some PI's in the spring!

Problem is I graduate in May.. only one shot.

You gaduate this may right???

Yes the college program is fun, but it wont get you into the company as much as a PI would.

Since you graduate in May, you need to ask yourself, what is best for me now that I am a graduate? Well, you worked hard for that diploma, now its time for you to use it and get a real job.

PI will pay better, and plus, you will be a manager. I say go with the PI if you have already done the CP, if not then you can do another CP.

Radiohost:cool:

Thanks that makes sense. " Since you graduate in May, you need to ask yourself, what is best for me now that I am a graduate?" - that's what I've been asking - and I don't know! I would love to be a manager, and you say PI will make it happen, which makes sense. I guess I will try for the PI and if not I can always use the CP to fall back on and hope for the best.

:D

browns99df

Original Poster
Nope. Tiggerlover is right. If you graduate this May you can do a Fall CP and then a spring PI. During the fall you can network and have a better shot at getting a PI if you don't get one now.

All of the requirements for the PIs say you have to be a junior or senior, except the one I applied for that said 'recent graduate' . But I guess if I don't get this one that's something I'll have to look into.

browns99df

Original Poster

Hey while this thread is still alive, anyone know.. does the 'disney look' apply for internships? I'm assuming it does.

summerluvin

hey congrats good luck on your interview
i'm curious about what your refering to by the 'disney look'?
I want to do a pi because i'm graduating in aug. I looked on disneys website and the internships that are listed now are for fall and start in aug does anyone know when the start date would be?

browns99df

Original Poster
The disney look, for guys.. just means no visible tatoos, piercings, facial hair.. have to have a certain length of hair... something like that if i remember correctly.

SFOG

hey congrats good luck on your interview
i'm curious about what your refering to by the 'disney look'?
I want to do a pi because i'm graduating in aug. I looked on disneys website and the internships that are listed now are for fall and start in aug does anyone know when the start date would be?

Disney Look: Once you are offered and accept your PI, you will receive an email with a 17-page document attached that tells you all about the Disney Look. Basically, it encompasses the grooming and wardrobe guidelines that all Cast Members must adhere to.

I don't know what the August starting date would be, but mine begins on June 22.

browns99df

Original Poster
Disney Look: Once you are offered and accept your PI, you will receive an email with a 17-page document attached that tells you all about the Disney Look. Basically, it encompasses the grooming and wardrobe guidelines that all Cast Members must adhere to.

I don't know what the August starting date would be, but mine begins on June 22.

Yeah that's when my would start if I get it. What internship are you doing? You know anything about 'northbridge' (something) or housing for interns or do you have to find your own place?

:sohappy:

SFOG

Yeah that's when my would start if I get it. What internship are you doing? You know anything about 'northbridge' (something) or housing for interns or do you have to find your own place?

I am doing the Communication Planning Internship for Resorts/Transportation. I just got accepted on Monday, so maybe you'll hear back soon too!

Since I never did the CP, the only things that I know about the housing is from what I have read here. But I also got some information in my acceptance email. It says that limited housing is available (you have to tell them if you are interested in being on the housing list; I did not) in what sounds to be dorm-style apartments. It also says that candidates are selected at random for housing.

I will most likely be living with friends in Orlando who already work at WDW and a surrounding hotel, so I didn't pursue the whole Northbridge thing any further.

Be sure to let everyone know when you get your position!!

browns99df

Original Poster
Man I just did my interview.. wasn't expecting to be quizzed on computers. I think I failed. Oh well, time to apply for the CP again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom