I need some honest feedback

chwilson88

Best decision our family ever made by far. Brings everyone together like nothing else. We also get our groceries at gardengrocer.com. Very easy and has almost everything you would want at a normal grocery store. And best of all they deliver to your resort. Biggest thing to think about in my opinion is the length of ownership/expiration like others have said. If you buy at one of the newer resorts your ownership will last longer. DVCMike is the resident expert around these parts and he owns like a million points at a variety of resorts so feel free to ask him questions as well. We own at Saratoga Springs and 300 points does nicely for us no matter where we want to stay.

For me, it's a forced vacation each year, that I might otherwise not necessarily take...great for our kids.

Phonedave

Some other observations.

1) A person may want to buy though Disney rather than through resale because of the ease of financing through Disney. Disney also has right of first refusal on all DVC resales. That means it gets first crack at buying them. Disney snaps up all the very cheaply priced resales. That means that why you are never going to get a super sweet deal at resale, it also means that Disney keeps the resale value of the time share pretty high if you ever have to sell it.

2) I have never used them, but there is a company called Owners Locker http://ownerslocker.com/ in Orlando. You pay them a yearly fee and they give you a big plastic locking tote. You put things like big bottles of laundry detergent, bottles of alcohol, hair dryers, whatever - as long as it does not spoil. They store the tote for you, and when you come down to WDW, they drop it off at your resort and pick it up when you are done. This is not a DVC thing, but available for all (its not a Disney company) but I know many DVC people use it for non-perishable kitchen stuff, and then they don't need such a big shopping trip each time they go.

3) You can use your DVC points for non-DVC stuff (cruises, trips, ABD, etc) but you are far and away going to get the most bang for your buck using them at DVC.

4) I have been with DVC for 2 years now, and am very happy with it. I keep kicking around the idea of getting even more points.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom