I need ideas for a Xmas morning surprise WDW trip

WhatJaneSays

We had a similar sort of thing for my nephew Ryan's 7th birthday. It was a blast.

We got the free custom guide maps from the Disney website and wrapped some small gifts with them. We got a medium sized plush, about 12 inches tall, of Goofy (his favorite) and had a friend write a letter from Goofy to attach to the plush. In the middle of his party one of the neighbors put the doll and letter on the doorstep, rang the bell and ran. We had the little guy answer the door and read the letter (which basically said Goofy was really happy we were coming to see him and he couldn't wait to see how big Ryan got since the last trip.)

After that he got his "big" present which was a new kid-sized set of luggage (which was already pack and ready to go).

It was so cute, I wish I'd had my video camera back then.

disneygirl1

I absolutely love the idea of tying in the surprise to the Christmas day Parade! This is definitely my personal favorite! Hope you have a magical trip. Keep us posted with what you end up doing to surprise him.

Mr_Tom_Morrow

my mom did something pretty funny for me as a kid,she left the stuff out in plain daylight on a family room table...being a kid,i dont pay much attnetion to it,after 3 hours she had to point it out to me..to this day i still find it pretty funny

wannaBatWDW

Original Poster
I truly appreciate all the terrific suggestions and your enthusiasm in presenting them. I'm likely to take small pieces of a few of them.

I like the idea of letting him help with the planning while thinking the trip will be months later, then I might use the simple note wrapped up as a gift under the tree that says "You're going to WDW today!".

A friend suggested I have a wooden puzzle made that when assembled says "We leave today for WDW!". We would wrap each puzzle piece as a separate gift, making sure the last piece he unwrapped was the "WDW". What does everyone think of that idea?

As for the warning about the Xmas to New Year's crowds......I know it's going to be crazy. We've been to WDW in February, July and October in the past. We just want to experience the holiday lights and events at WDW just once, so we're prepared to deal with it. We like to avoid taking our son out of school to go, so that's why we chose Xmas to New Year's specifically.

Keep the ideas coming!

The Disney Kid

Pack his suitcase, wrap it, and put it under the tree. Let that be the last gift he opens. While he is confused as to why his clothes are packed, give him the story.

weluvtink

That last idea is awesome.
You could go through your normal morning, then get everyone ready to go "check out Christmas lights" around town, maybe tell him in the car you're going to see them in WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom