I need help on Stitch's Great Escape!

galolin

Original Poster
Can anybody tell me abt wat is in the ride? Does the "real" stitch jump around here and there when the lights are out?? wat do u experience? I'm working a research, it'll be most appreciated if you can just drop a few lines and tell me abt the ride~!! Thanks a million!!!

RonAnnArbor

First, it's not a ride, it's an attraction, and it is a "show" attraction not a dark ride attraction. There is a portion of 3-d "onstage" business with Stitch, then the audience portion. The audience sits in the round facing the "stage" (a vacume tube). Stitch escapes and in the dark, the idea is he is causing havoc around the audience. It is the same technology as used in some of the other 3-d movies - water sprays, airblasts around your shoulders make it feel like he is running over you, etc. If you went to the Alien attraction that used to be in the same place, it is basically the same thing with a Stitch storyline instead. Disney tried to save face after Alien proved to be a disaster and they had spent so much money on the oroginal attraction that they basically just changed the theme and give you the same experience -- we'll see how long this one even lasts as it was basically an example of more bad money being thrown at bad money.

galolin

Original Poster
thx

I see~!! but can you descibe me what you guys experience during the dark, when lights are out? I need a full picture of how the attraction is like.. and i hv no time to visit Disney... Do you see Stitch in the dark? What do you see when u can feel the ordor and 'saliva' of stitch's splashing around..?? Thanks so much guys~!!!!!!! :wave: :sohappy:

galolin

Original Poster
sigh.. pls just tell me if you see anything during the dark? is it complete darkness, and all you can feel is the odor... water splashing on you.. or watsoever~~!? how do you know Stitch is moving aruond? Time is running out for me, i needa know asap~~~~ thanks thanks thanks~!

imagineer boy

You only see Stitch at the beginning of the attraction when it is in light. However, when the power goes out, that's when Stitch starts running around the room ( no, you can't see him, its complete darkness, you can only hear him running around. )

galolin

Original Poster
Thanks a million!

That's all i needa know!! THANKS a million!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

RonAnnArbor

Doesn't this have an air of mystery? Makes you wonder -- writing a school report and not doing research anywhere but online? -- being held captive until explaining how Stitch works? -- bragging to someone about the ride but never having been on it? -- another mystery of WDWMAgic online.

Tim G

There are 2 theatres, but if you watch closely, you only see guests from 1 theatre only... :eek:

So maybe it is true what they say about Stitch... :lookaroun

Lana

Why would anybody want to know about the stitch attraction any way it is rubbish:mad: :mad: .The only good thing about going on it, is learning that you will never have to go on it again!!!

Lana

Your very welcome my pet, just put on your "survey" according to Lana , she says Stitch is S@*t. Im so very glad I could be of servicexx:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

PencilTest

Man, this show gets such a bad rep. Everyone loves to bash all over Stitch's Great Escape. That's pretty obvious. Personally, I do enjoy the show. It's not my favorite, but I can appreciate it, and I'll try to explain why.

First off, Stitch is one of the best animatronics anywhere. A beautiful range of motion, and a great likeness. Sometimes character figures don't translate very well into the real world, but that's not the case here. Secondly, look at what options they had to work with. Now look, I'll admit that I would've liked to see him get a new ride, rather than just imported into an old one. However, look at the fact that Alien Encounter (the previous show) had terrible numbers, scared children, and seemed a bit out of place amongst the other rides like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and Space Mountain.

So here're your options: re-theme the show with the most popular new character in years, thereby saving time and money on new construction and clearing out an unpopular show; or figure out where to put a new show building, spend money and time on new construction, and in the end still have an existing show that no one likes.

Hindsight being 20/20, everyone blasts them for making the decision that they made. But you know what? If the show were mega popular, everyone'd be going on and on about how smart they were, killing two birds with one stone.

(And before anyone jumps on me for bringing up money and time in regards to Imagineering, please remember that Disney is, at the end of the day, a business. If they spent $100 million dollars on every new ride, they'd go bankrupt.)

dr_teeth90210

PencilTest said:
Man, this show gets such a bad rep. Everyone loves to bash all over Stitch's Great Escape. That's pretty obvious. Personally, I do enjoy the show. It's not my favorite, but I can appreciate it, and I'll try to explain why.

First off, Stitch is one of the best animatronics anywhere. A beautiful range of motion, and a great likeness. Sometimes character figures don't translate very well into the real world, but that's not the case here. Secondly, look at what options they had to work with. Now look, I'll admit that I would've liked to see him get a new ride, rather than just imported into an old one. However, look at the fact that Alien Encounter (the previous show) had terrible numbers, scared children, and seemed a bit out of place amongst the other rides like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and Space Mountain.

So here're your options: re-theme the show with the most popular new character in years, thereby saving time and money on new construction and clearing out an unpopular show; or figure out where to put a new show building, spend money and time on new construction, and in the end still have an existing show that no one likes.

Hindsight being 20/20, everyone blasts them for making the decision that they made. But you know what? If the show were mega popular, everyone'd be going on and on about how smart they were, killing two birds with one stone.

(And before anyone jumps on me for bringing up money and time in regards to Imagineering, please remember that Disney is, at the end of the day, a business. If they spent $100 million dollars on every new ride, they'd go bankrupt.)

Well said!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom