I Need Help From All Those Disney Honeymooners!!

CaptainShortty

Original Poster
So one of my friends is planning her honeymoon in Disney for next summer and I (of course) being the Disney fanatic and CM was put in charge of creating her Disney guide for her trip. I already have lots of ideas of "extra special" things for them to do to put in it but I was wondering what all of you honeymooners did to make that trip extra special. I wanted to put in lots of ideas for them because they're not sure exactly what their budget is yet. Any tips would be great! Thanks in advance!!

WDWmazprty

Just have fun! We honeymooned in 2000 and just taking our time in the parks and enjoying everything we could was enough for us.

Make sure you have a couple of romantic dining ressies and also do the Cirque show or get a spa 'day' at GF or SSR. Things like that that you can do together can make the trip a lot more special and interesting.:wave:

diddy_mouse

I know when we honeymooned in 2005 we had a nice sit-down dinner at California Grill one night. It was nice to get dressed up and have meal outside our norm, complete with a view of the MK. Also our package had an add-on feature where you could have tickets to Cirque and let me say it was totally worth it!

One thing I'd suggest is definitely getting the Just Married buttons. We had the bride and groom ears (we only wore them one day) and I wish we thought to grab buttons at the resort or guest services. Guess all that married bliss clouded my judgement. :lol:

Ravenclaw87

They actually only give the "Just Married" buttons out to DFTW couples now! Maybe you could buy some off of ebay?

We're doing some romantic dinners and also two tours, which I'm really excited about. We might end up doing the horse and carriage ride too--- which is a great option and not horrifically expensive either.

CaptainShortty

Original Poster
They actually only give the "Just Married" buttons out to DFTW couples now! Maybe you could buy some off of ebay

A friend of mine tipped me off about this so I grabbed a couple when I was there back in January for them. Been keeping them safely in my pin book for them next summer.

Kind of disappointed that Disney decided to do that. One of my favorite things to do at the front desk was hand out the Just Married buttons. =/

Ravenclaw87

A friend of mine tipped me off about this so I grabbed a couple when I was there back in January for them. Been keeping them safely in my pin book for them next summer.

Kind of disappointed that Disney decided to do that. One of my favorite things to do at the front desk was hand out the Just Married buttons. =/

I agree! I'm a DFTW bride, but I had my grandmother grab me some at Kidani just in case. I think it's silly of them only to give them to DFTW couples.

Unomas

That's a bummer that they don't give those out anymore. That was one of the special things we were looking forward to. We are getting married next weekend and honeymooning in WDW from December 17-28. I looked on eBay and didn't find much. Any other place to get something like that?

Magical.Animal

We had a Disney wedding registry and asked for several activities that we would like to do while on our honeymoon. Some of my close friends, knowing my love for Disney, purchased items/experiences for us for a shower or wedding gift. In the end, it was all just gift card funds to use as we pleased, but we felt the right thing to do was use the funds for their intended purposes, so we had our bride and groom ears paid for, a round of mini golf at fantastia gardens, and a horseback ride at the tri-circle d ranch at ft. wilderness! Some friends did put funds into the "misc" bank, so we used that for some ride photos ! It was fun to pick out things we would like to do and have our friends pick which ones they wanted to send us to do :) Also, I definitely recommend the ear hats... They definitely made things more magical... So many people wishing you well, and Disney definitely sprinkled in their pixie dust!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom