I need advice, or help, or an alcoholic beverage!!! Or all three!

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
Tomorrow is 60 days. We have in the last few months bought our first home and life has been crazy. I have 0 plan for fast passes!!!! Is this ok? There is 6 of us total, 4 adults two kids 3 and 7. Please tell me what I should try to get? It's been 4 years since we have gone to WDW last. I've never done fast passes at all!!! Any tips, help, or alcoholic beverages are welcome!!!! Thank you!!!

belledream

Would recommend making a plan, but it doesn't need to be stressful! Here's my short rundown:
MK: I'd say 7DMT is the only must-have. The others can be dispersed between your favorite Mountain, or maybe Peter Pan/M&Gs if that's your kid's kind of thing.

EPCOT: Frozen, which I assume the kids want. Note that you don't have to book the same FPs for everyone in your party, so if some of the 4 adults would rather ride Soarin' or Test Track, grab those for them. The Tier 2 FPs really don't matter much, so I'd just pick things you know you'd like to do.

HS: Toy Story Mania is the must-have, unless someone really loves Rock n Rollercoaster. Tier 2, I'd pick Tower Terror & Star Tours. Shows really don't require FP, but if you don't like some of the above rides, it wouldn't hurt to secure one for Fantasmic I guess.

AK: Safari. We've found short waits at Expedition Everest and DINOSAUR on most occasions, so take that for what you will and the rest can be narrowed down by your party's preferences.

My 60 days passed recently and even though I knew what I wanted, I still found the interface on MDE to be annoying and counterintuitive at times. If you want to get a better idea of what the process is like, maybe do some research online or watch Youtube videos (?) not sure if anything like that is up, but it might help. Just take deep breaths and click away! Good luck, hope this helped!

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
Would recommend making a plan, but it doesn't need to be stressful! Here's my short rundown:
MK: I'd say 7DMT is the only must-have. The others can be dispersed between your favorite Mountain, or maybe Peter Pan/M&Gs if that's your kid's kind of thing.

EPCOT: Frozen, which I assume the kids want. Note that you don't have to book the same FPs for everyone in your party, so if some of the 4 adults would rather ride Soarin' or Test Track, grab those for them. The Tier 2 FPs really don't matter much, so I'd just pick things you know you'd like to do.

HS: Toy Story Mania is the must-have, unless someone really loves Rock n Rollercoaster. Tier 2, I'd pick Tower Terror & Star Tours. Shows really don't require FP, but if you don't like some of the above rides, it wouldn't hurt to secure one for Fantasmic I guess.

AK: Safari. We've found short waits at Expedition Everest and DINOSAUR on most occasions, so take that for what you will and the rest can be narrowed down by your party's preferences.

My 60 days passed recently and even though I knew what I wanted, I still found the interface on MDE to be annoying and counterintuitive at times. If you want to get a better idea of what the process is like, maybe do some research online or watch Youtube videos (?) not sure if anything like that is up, but it might help. Just take deep breaths and click away! Good luck, hope this helped!

Thank you. Your post did calm me. I have a little time right now to do some research. Last time we went you walked up to the ride to book the fast passes. I will update you tomorrow and let you know how I make out with the whole process and selections.

belledream

Thank you. Your post did calm me. I have a little time right now to do some research. Last time we went you walked up to the ride to book the fast passes. I will update you tomorrow and let you know how I make out with the whole process and selections.
Yup, the research will be worth it. I miss the paper FP system as well, but there is something nice about walking into the park knowing you have 3 experiences already booked - not as much running around!

Good luck!

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
Yup, the research will be worth it. I miss the paper FP system as well, but there is something nice about walking into the park knowing you have 3 experiences already booked - not as much running around!

Good luck!

Thank you! I am sure once I am done I will be so relieved, but never doing it before it seems stressful to me right now.

tor29c

Since belledream addressed the FP+ issue I thought I'd supply the cocktail! Enjoy! You will have a great time!

upload_2016-7-11_15-3-43.jpeg

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
So I did our fast passes this morning. All I needed was some strong coffee, and my daughter who helped pick. So this is what it looking like for us. I was surprised on certain days some were booked up!!!

Sunday Sept. 11th
8:15 Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique For my 7 year old
9:00 7 Dwarves Mine
10:05 Peter Pan
11:00 Be Our Guest
12:50 Splash Mountain

Monday Sept. 12th
Seas with Nemo-9:10
Disney Pals Meet and Greet-10:50
Frozen-3:05
Coral Reef 6:15

Tuesday Sept 13th
Toy Story 9:40
Frozen Sing A Long-1
Sci-Fi-11:30
Tower of Terror-3:10

Wednesday Sept 14th
Be Our Guest-8:15
Space Mountin-9:40
Buzz Lightyear-11:10
Festival of Fantasy Parade 2:45

Thursday Sept 15
Safari 9:15
Kali River Rapids-11:20
Everest-1:55

Friday Sept 16
Soarin 9:05
Mission Space 10:40
Figment-11:40

We shall see if we can make it to all of them. We will do our best!!

BrianV

So I did our fast passes this morning. All I needed was some strong coffee, and my daughter who helped pick. So this is what it looking like for us. I was surprised on certain days some were booked up!!!

Sunday Sept. 11th

Monday Sept. 12th

Tuesday Sept 13th
Frozen Sing A Long-1

Wednesday Sept 14th

Thursday Sept 15

Friday Sept 16

Nice long trip and looks like good choices. Have fun!

Scoppin

Sunday Sept. 11th

Monday Sept. 12th

Tuesday Sept 13th
Frozen Sing A Long-1

Wednesday Sept 14th

Thursday Sept 15

Friday Sept 16

Looks like a good trip for your family. I'm waiting to reserve my FP+s for me an my two this Sunday. I can't wait and still trying to nail down what to FP for which day.

Here is something else you may want to consider when you are actually at the parks, which has not been mentioned above. Once you have used your 3 FP+s, you can reserve another one. It can be for that park or another park. However, if you want to reserve one for another park you have to be in that park to make the reservation. I think I heard you could do it using MDE app. And once you have used that extra FP you can make another one. Now mind you, some rides/times may be difficult to get considering their popularity.

BrianV

Looks like a good trip for your family. I'm waiting to reserve my FP+s for me an my two this Sunday. I can't wait and still trying to nail down what to FP for which day.

Here is something else you may want to consider when you are actually at the parks, which has not been mentioned above. Once you have used your 3 FP+s, you can reserve another one. It can be for that park or another park. However, if you want to reserve one for another park you have to be in that park to make the reservation. I think I heard you could do it using MDE app. And once you have used that extra FP you can make another one. Now mind you, some rides/times may be difficult to get considering their popularity.

I thought the 4th fast pass could be for any park even if you were not in the park at the time. Not true?

Tootsie

Sunday Sept. 11th

Monday Sept. 12th

Tuesday Sept 13th
Frozen Sing A Long-1

Wednesday Sept 14th

Thursday Sept 15

Friday Sept 16

Your schedule looks very similar to ours, we start on Sept 12 - 16, the only thing, we couldn't find the Anna and Elsa meet and greet in Epcot to pick fast passes.

Scoppin

I thought the 4th fast pass could be for any park even if you were not in the park at the time. Not true?

From what I understand, and this is coming from what I have read and not experience, you can only pick your 4th, 5th, etc FP+s from a kiosk inside the park you are picking the FP+ from. You can not use a MK kiosk to pick a FP+ within Epcot. You have to use an Epcot kiosk. The other option would be to use your MDE app and make the selections from any park.

BrianV

From what I understand, and this is coming from what I have read and not experience, you can only pick your 4th, 5th, etc FP+s from a kiosk inside the park you are picking the FP+ from. You can not use a MK kiosk to pick a FP+ within Epcot. You have to use an Epcot kiosk. The other option would be to use your MDE app and make the selections from any park.

Ahh, that makes sense. I haven't been there to try yet, but I though you could use your cell phone to make it anywhere. Hadn't thought of the kiosks. :)

Scoppin

:arghh::arghh::arghh:did you make your BOG reservations months ago? I'm going the same days just about and there is nothing

I'm staying about the same timeline and have not seen any free BOG reservations and I have been checking. Mind you I did do my ADRs late as only booked trip late May which is well after the 180 day mark. But that was when I was able to confirm all other details about being able to go. I am not too worried about BOG as was able to get all my other ADRs which I wanted, which were all mainly character experiences.

But I have heard if you keep checking, you may find a late opening, as people change their mind on what they are doing. I will have to admit I have changed my mind a couple of times after learning more about what is offered/times. Even able to change a CRT reservation. So, anything is possible. But it does appear a few ADRs are harder to get than others.

Lillies

We got quite lucky with our reservations for BOG; I reserved one before we went and we loved it so much OH wanted to go back and I managed to get another one just a few days in advance. As people have said, plans change so there is always a chance you can grab some last minute reservations. :) I was really lazy with the FP's... most of ours were done the day of. :oops:

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
:arghh::arghh::arghh:did you make your BOG reservations months ago? I'm going the same days just about and there is nothing

I made the dining reservations on the 180 mark. Last trip I didn't make any and we couldn't get in to most restaurants without a really long wait. Keep checking, people do drop reservations as time gets closer. I hope you can get one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom