I need a SPECIAL day at Disney

santonucci

Original Poster
This summer, my wife and I turn 40. While I will be hiking Half Dome in Yosemite in July, my wife has left it up to me to figure out how we will spend her 11th anniversary of her 29th birthday. (which is the only way it is referred to around my house...)

We have 4 kids, 2 who are 8 and 5 and veterans of the Mouse, and twins that will be about 6 months in August when we are planning to go. As a family, we've eaten in all the great restaurant (yes ALL of them), and done a lot of great off-the-beaten track things. I am looking for something that is so secret and special that even I don't know about it.

Here are the guidelines:

1.) Can't exclude anyone- need to be able to bring all six of us.

2.) Cost is not an issue. (If we're going to do it, then let's do it!)

3.) Has to be available on August 9th.

Let's see what you've got folks!

Steve

It is my goal to spend a year of my life at Disney before I die- 3 months down, 9 to go...

Nicole

What about an IllumiNations cruise? The ages of your kids limits you from the backlot tours, and thanks to the internet I don't know that there are secret things anymore! Unless money REALLY isn't an object - then maybe you could rent out one of the parks just for your family. Or to go DLP or TDL or HKDL instead. THAT would be different!

PintoColvig

How about you rent one of those Disney nannies I've been hearing about. They can help with the kids while you and the Mrs. play on the E-tickets.

Nemo14

It's not a secret, but since you seem like an outdoorsy family, how about spending a day at Fort Wilderness and top it off with the Hoop-Dee-Doo or the campfire program (or both!) that night. Great family-friendly fun over there, and often overlooked by WDW guests.

santonucci

Original Poster
Thanks to those who have replied so far

1.) Free Food program is pretty darn cool- did it last September! Saved so much money, I booked an "impulse trip" with the kids 2 weeks after school started... But she turns 40 on 8/9, and spending your 40th at Disney lessens the sting

2.) Hoop De Doo- did it when I was fired 2 years ago from my last job on severance check! Actually called my wife on the way to the office to tell her we'd have some time coming, so book a Disney trip...

As an aside, my daughter turns 5 on 8/6, and anything we could do for a 5 and a 40? Wife loved the spa, but I'm scared to handle both of the twins with my 8 year old while the girls play...:p

Steve

thrupaytonseyes

How about the Wishes or Illuminations cruise? You can have up to 10 or 12 people on the boat. Can be booked 90 days out and cancelled up to 48 hours before so if rain is in forecast you can choose to cancel since with cloudy skies you might not see too much.

Am planning on doing this with DH in June, can let you know what I thought of it afterwards.

They also have one boat specifically for birthday celebrations!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom