I,m so confused!!!!!!

thoehammer

HELP!!!!

From October 24th to November 02 i,ll be spending vaca at disney world i,ve always stayed at the allstar resorts with my wife (no kids) now we are going to try one of the mid priced hotels ...Hence the problem i cant make up my mind???????????? and my travel agent is about to pull out all her hair any help would be nice... :veryconfu

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im a big fan of Port Orleans Riverside, especially aligator Bayuo. Its quiet and an ideal retreat for a couple. good food area lots of pools and V special grounds.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

All the mod resorts are very nice. I think you will like them much better then all stars. My hubby and mine personal fav is Dixi Landings, now know as PO RS.
DL has great theming, great food courts, 2 kinds of rooms (3 if you count FQ, if it is open) and great pool. Good playground and good hot tub.

CB is the oldest and my least fav, but very nice still. Main pool is small, hot tub seems cool due to running water from water fall in it. Theaming is nice.

CS is the newest. Great theming, great pool, food court only O.K. and has bad system of including tip for no service. Feel or resort changes depending on what conferce is there and can get busy becuse of this. The buses are often not crowded because of people at resort not going to parks because they have to go to confrence. Depending on confernce, it can have less kids and families, that can be nice for couples with out children.

You really can't go wrong with any of them. What theming do you find the most enjoyable?

Have a good trip! BTW, don't move up to delux, it is too hard to go back!!!!!

Upvote 0

tinkrbel

you know I have to tell you ..I dont think this will be much help ..all the moderates are wonderful and we all have our favorites :) I perfer the Caribbean beach resort.. why..well it has its own lake ..there are 7 pools including the main pool. I love the colors and theme. Actually its my favorite of all the resorts including the deluxe .. but .. I say that now .. in 20 days we will be staying at the AKL .. so I may change my mind.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I have to say Port Orleans French Quarter. It is wonderful!!!

The resort has a nice food court, pool, and arcade. The resort is small so the walk to your room from the marina, pool, food court, or registration is never more that 3 minutes (no matter what building you are in). Also the overall feel of the resort is great. It reallly feels like New Orleans. Also the little "Parks" in between buildins are beautiful.

Upvote 0

McArcDes

My family and I have stayed at one time or another Carribean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside (twice) and Coronado Springs.

I see it this way. Carribean has the best food court but if you stay there get a room as close to it as you can or you will be doing lots of walking. The resort is built around a lake and if you are on one side and the food court is on the other then its a long way.

Port Orleans Riverside is a very nice resort and is the only moderate that you can get six people in one room. We did this for two weeks last November. The food court is good and not too long of a walk from the rooms but as with all the moderates there is a walk. You walk through very nice landscaping along a river etc. Not bad at all.

Coronado Springs has nice rooms, good access to the food court and the best main pool and play ground by far. Our biggest complaint was the food court. It is a Marche' style food court where basicly you have different stations for different foods and they don't really tell you what you are supposed to do.. They just hand you a card and off you go. The way it works is that you go to the station that has the food you want get the food and they stamp the card. When you have finished your meal you take the card to the cash register at the exit of the food court and they look at all the stamps and ring you up. The thing with this food court is that they dont have a great selection of food so after the second day you are wondering what you can eat that you have not already. By the way, if anyone was wondering Marche' is a highly themed restaurant that uses the same system of food stations and cards to service their guests. I Believe there is one in Toronto Canada, New York City and one in Boston.

My pick would be Port Orleans Riverside..Hope this helped and have a great trip!

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Re: My vote...

Originally posted by Josh
...would be for Coronado Springs Resort. IMHO, it has the *best* food court among the moderates, as well as a great table-service restaurant, Maya Grill. It's scenic, fresh--has a bus leg to BoardWalk as well.

And while I have stayed at all the resorts, I enjoy Coronado Springs the most.

Josh
***"A Walt Disney World Resort Outing" NEW TRAVEL GUIDE***

I couldent agree more. I love Coronado Springs. It has to be the best mid-level resort. But then again I do love Dixie Landings (yes, yes I know it is now called Riverside but I stayed there when it was Dixie Landings.

Attachments

• coronado01a.gif
    coronado01a.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0

goaler

We've never been to POFQ, but have been to Riverside, which is a fabulous place. Very quiet and laid back, a nice place to retreat when the crowds get thick at the parks. From all that I have read in this forum, I think either of these resorts would be your best choice.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom