Pre-Trip I"M GOING TO DISNEY and I'M STAYING IN A DELUXE!

So I wasn't planning on doing a pre trip report so soon but since I have the day off thanks to the past presidents I figured I'd get it started rather then get on the tread mill. Plus Tuvalu looks like she might be taking a few weeks off and I'll have nothing else to look forward too. :)

I'm so excited for this trip! We will be staying in our very first Deluxe! This could be bad for us, I may get spoiled!! This is also our first time renting points. Everything went smooth and hopefully nothing happens between now and our trip.

A few of the details:

WHO: Just J and I will be taking this trip
IMG_0571.JPG

Unfortunately this photo is a year old. It's the only one I have on hand at the moment that doesn't have one of us making a face.

WHEN: September 14-18. It'll be an awesome 4 nights over our anniversary weekend!!

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village!! Whoop Whoop!

blreinsel

OHHH That's right! Did you move to Florida? If not, when's the big move. How exciting! You can be like @Tuvalu. Those are some big shoes! We will start expecting monthly reports. :)

It's kind of embarrassing being such a light weight. I try and I try but can't seem to build a tolerance :happy:

Not yet! :( My best friend is getting married at the end of June so the plan is to head south as soon after the wedding as possible. My birthday is July 14 and I'm hoping (insisting) that we're settled by then.. I WILL spend my 25th birthday at the Magic Kingdom. :inlove: Monthly trip reports?? How about WEEKLY! :joyfull: Though I'm not sure I'll ever be able to fill @Tuvalu's shoes. :)

Dylan says I've come a long way since we started dating and takes full responsibility for the little bit of tolerance I've built up since then. It's still embarrassing compared to the average person. :hilarious:

gdisneyfans

How I'm dreaming our days will go:

Arrival - depending on what time I can get flights for I would definitely like to just soak in the AKL and explore. If we're not to tired I would like to head to Disney Springs. The main reason is to stop by the Art of Shaving that I heard about from @dclfan . J's beard isn't quite as impressive yet but he's getting there. I really think J will love some pampering. Then possibly check out Raglan Road or Jock Lindsey's.

Our 1st full day - Pool, Pool, and some more Pool. Maybe some bread service from Sanaa. Maybe a few drinks. Probably a nap. Eventually we should clean up and go to CG for some dinner, then some Wishes. Oh wait no, I'll never get to see Wishes again. :cry: I guess I'll have to settle for some Happily Ever Something Show. o_O Then to drown my sorrows over Wishes I'm going to have to drink around the Monorail. We'll try to get into Trader Sam's then stop at Grand Floridian for another. :D By then J will have to carry me back to the resort because I'm a light weight or a cheap date, whatever saying works for you.

Day 2 - I'm guessing some more pool time but a little less of it. By the afternoon I'd like to head to Boardwalk and stop at Big River Brewery for J. I don't want to eat here maybe just watch J drink beer. :) Because where I want to go is II Muliano for some pizza :hungry:. Later in the evening is when I might want to add Yatchmans to our reservations. This evening could also be a drink around the Monorail if previous day doesn't work out.

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom day!! Tiffins for Dinner!! I'm sure we'll take a mid day break. J doesn't like to stay at park from open to close. He needs to take a break. He is older than me :). And thanks to @TrolleyFollower91 there is a little place that sells delicious adult drinks next to Tusker House. Dawa Bar?

Departure Day - Not sure when we'll have to leave yet. Hoping we'll get a few hours to just stay at the resort and enjoy the atmosphere.

This is how I see it in my head but as you all know Disney plans never seem to go as planned.
Your plans sound awesome!! I can't wait to read about your trip:happy:

Big Hair

Thanks for the info. J will love it.

Your excitement is making me excited!! I'm glad you think Cali grill is that good. To be honest I was a little worried everyone hyped it up and it wasn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. Where will you be staying in October?
Thanks for the info. J will love it.

Your excitement is making me excited!! I'm glad you think Cali grill is that good. To be honest I was a little worried everyone hyped it up and it wasn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. Where will you be staying in October?
We are staying at the Poly the 26th and the 27th. Next month the rest will be booked depending on schedules and airfare cost.

Big Hair

I would love to stay at the Poly one day. We're also waiting on airfare prices to go down a bit before getting our tickets.
2 out of 4 of the crew that just went were visiting today and want to go next year in February. Son, Daughter in law said they would start saving and even wanted to bring D in L's mother along with the Granddaughter who was #3 of our crew. I said okay. Home resort reservations start 11 months in advance and all the rest 7. Where do you want to go? In unison they said, "THE POLYNESIAN". They said it was their favorite. Mine too. I wish I could spend more than a couple of days there during a visit but a budget is a budget. Hopefully you can stay there in a future visit. You will definitely enjoy the new experiences with your trip coming up. Each resort is fun and unique. Animal Kingdom resorts are my 2nd favorite. I will be following your report and can't wait to share your experiences. I am getting all giddy again. Its the magic, its just contagious.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Your plans sound wonderful!
Hopefully September will bring more comfortable weather than we had last July!
Thanks! I don't want to relive past July that's for sure. If it does get that hot, this time I'll be sitting next to a pool with a Pina Colada.:hungry:

Bit late here but this trip sounds amazing - and a deluxe! :)
Every time I have ice cream while I'm there I'll think of you. I'm really looking forward to trying Ample Hills.

2 out of 4 of the crew that just went were visiting today and want to go next year in February. Son, Daughter in law said they would start saving and even wanted to bring D in L's mother along with the Granddaughter who was #3 of our crew. I said okay. Home resort reservations start 11 months in advance and all the rest 7. Where do you want to go? In unison they said, "THE POLYNESIAN". They said it was their favorite. Mine too. I wish I could spend more than a couple of days there during a visit but a budget is a budget. Hopefully you can stay there in a future visit. You will definitely enjoy the new experiences with your trip coming up. Each resort is fun and unique. Animal Kingdom resorts are my 2nd favorite. I will be following your report and can't wait to share your experiences. I am getting all giddy again. Its the magic, its just contagious.
Your family has good taste. :) I understand about a budget, I'm still hoping to win the lottery.;)

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Awesome planning! And a deluxe! Ah!!!!!!!!

Deluxes are sooooooooo big, I think you'll have room for one more! I'll sleep in the tub!

Can't wait to hear more! :)
Do you think you could squeeze into my suitcase? :happy:

We will be there the same dates!

Your plans sound awesome too :D:D
Thanks. I just stalked your report, I'm not sure how I missed it before. Where do you look to get the park hours? I need to find out so that I can plan two of my ADR's. Crazy but I have to reserve Tiffins 3 hours before ROL and I want to make sure we can watch the new MK show after our CG dinner.

Ciara

Thanks. I just stalked your report, I'm not sure how I missed it before. Where do you look to get the park hours? I need to find out so that I can plan two of my ADR's. Crazy but I have to reserve Tiffins 3 hours before ROL and I want to make sure we can watch the new MK show after our CG dinner.

Park hours are tough right now! I use undercover tourist for a general idea and i've been going off typical hours for that day from the Aug and little bit of September calendar they have out. Its driving me crazy they don't have the actual hours out yet! Hopefull within the next two weeks we will start seeing actual hours for our dates!

Big Hair

Scroll down towards the bottom of WDWmagic and you will see the days activities and calendar. Hit the tab future calendars for park hours and such

Big Hair

Scroll down towards the bottom of WDWmagic and you will see the days activities and calendar. Hit the tab future calendars for park hours and such
It just dawned on me that this might be a given along with going to my Disney experience park hours to click on future dates. Sorry about that. If dates aren't available far out lean on historical data from places like Touring plans. Got too excited again, didn't think it thru.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It just dawned on me that this might be a given along with going to my Disney experience park hours to click on future dates. Sorry about that. If dates aren't available far out lean on historical data from places like Touring plans. Got too excited again, didn't think it thru.
It's ok Big Hair, it's easy to get excited when planning for Disney!:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom