I love the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror!

CThaddeus

Honestly, this attraction is truly overrated...just like Soarin'. It could have been so much better if the ride portion were actually more than just a minute or so of show and then another minute of very controlled-feeling ups and downs. For me, once the Rod Serling video is done, so is the attraction. Such a shame, because it had so much promise.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
But the Rod Serling voice isn't done til the ride is done?

"The next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood..." etc etc.

I have always felt this is the most immersive attraction anywhere. From the moment you turn down Sunset Blvd., the story has begun and there are no lapses in it. A truly stunning queue, chilling preshow with a genuinely dark story, and special effects-laden, terrifying lead-in to the drops. Everything is expertly controlled--darkness in locations to generate fear, enough lighting in other regions to show you all of the creepy things occurring around you without betraying too much of your surroundings. And it all builds up to the climax of the ride when Rod Serling talks right before the drop with the really creepy harp music in the background. And that's before the drops! Now, with the lap bars gone and the drops randomized, it's just so much fun.

mickster

But the Rod Serling voice isn't done til the ride is done?

"The next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood..." etc etc.

I have always felt this is the most immersive attraction anywhere. From the moment you turn down Sunset Blvd., the story has begun and there are no lapses in it. A truly stunning queue, chilling preshow with a genuinely dark story, and special effects-laden, terrifying lead-in to the drops. Everything is expertly controlled--darkness in locations to generate fear, enough lighting in other regions to show you all of the creepy things occurring around you without betraying too much of your surroundings. And it all builds up to the climax of the ride when Rod Serling talks right before the drop with the really creepy harp music in the background. And that's before the drops! Now, with the lap bars gone and the drops randomized, it's just so much fun.

Yes, absolutely!!! Couldn't have said it better myself! ToT is an absolutely perfect attraction IMHO. And you are totally on the mark about the story beginning as soon as you turn onto Sunset.

jmvd20

I guess ToT is OK but I really love tortilla chips with melted sharp cheddar cheese and pace picante salsa.

jody31

It's my favoutie ride , I'm off to WDW on May 1st , so I'll be getting an evening extra magic hour at MGM and riding it loads of times . you also have Rock n' roller next to it ; I think those 2 rides are the best two at MGM

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
It's my favoutie ride , I'm off to WDW on May 1st , so I'll be getting an evening extra magic hour at MGM and riding it loads of times . you also have Rock n' roller next to it ; I think those 2 rides are the best two at MGM
loads of times? Lines for ToT and RnRC during evening EMHs routinely hit 80 or 90 minutes (RnRC especially), unfortunately. Even the Great Movie Ride will cross a half hour (shocking these days...was more routine in the early 90s). You can always see the Muppets 7 or 8 times though!

jody31

loads of times? Lines for ToT and RnRC during evening EMHs routinely hit 80 or 90 minutes (RnRC especially), unfortunately. Even the Great Movie Ride will cross a half hour (shocking these days...was more routine in the early 90s). You can always see the Muppets 7 or 8 times though!

Luckily , I'm staying at WDW from May 1st -15th. I went the same date last year , basically the first half of May has really light crowds and the last half is really busy because it's the start of the Summer holidays . A useful technique might be going on ToT during Fantasmic

Jerm

I really hate the "I love ____" threads!!!! Oh wait that is not this topic.....

ToT is one of the greatest Disney attractions of the more recent times for Disney parks in the US. This and Indy at DL really set the bar high for the 90's/00's too bad ToT did not get better with each reproduction. Even Tower in TDS is still the same as the one in DCA, just with better effects.

J

cinderella craz

I am literally counting down the days till I get to ride it again! I love sitting next to people who have never been on it before. They always looked so shocked after it's over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom