I Love Comedians with Guitars, a Magic Trip Report

jenseib

Original Poster
vistaspa40.jpg

vistaspa41.jpg

vistaspa42.jpg

vistaspa43.jpg

As I rounded back around the circle near the reception desk I saw a door open and several people walked out. My guess is that they were having a meeting in there. It was the hair salon and being a licensed cosmologist, I had to go in and take a few pictures of that as well.

vistaspa44.jpg

vistaspa45.jpg

vistaspa46.jpg

We came back out and some of us asked about different services, etc. Some were really interested in the rain forest room. I liked the sound of it, but honestly I don’t see myself using it enough to pay for it. I think Susan and Carolyn did a couples package, which basically means 2 people in the same cabin, for the rain forest room on sea days (3). It was cheaper to do it that way over the single packages.
Lisa considered it and asked me, but I just couldn’t commit. What if I totally hated it? I could only see me sitting on the hot stones for short periods of time …. And then what if I loved it. I was then worried I would spend too much time there and miss other fun events. I’m complex that way.

In the end we didn’t get it and Lisa never do get a single day or sea day package. Maybe next time I will give it a try.

jenseib

Original Poster
We decided to split up after the spa tour. It was almost 1:30 and I was so excited with how much I had done and seen already at such an early hour.

My next destination in mind was the kids clubs. I wanted to get a few pictures while they were still open to anyone.

We said good bye to the other girls and off we went ….with pictures along the way.

quietcovehottub.jpg

quietcovepool.jpg

smokingarea.jpg

quietcovehottub2.jpg

pinichiospizzasign.jpg

mickeypool1.jpg

goofygalley1.jpg

icesculpture.jpg

beerforsale.jpg

topsiderbuffertsign1.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
insideelavator.jpg

I had given Lisa the option of going on her own too, but she was interested in seeing the clubs a bit too, and I think she was still too nervous to yet go off on her own.

buenasvistatheatre1.jpg

First we came to Flounders Nursery.

nemonursery1.jpg

nemonursery2.jpg

nemonursery3.jpg

nemonursery4.jpg

nemonursery6.jpg

nemonursery5.jpg

It was very cute. It was also bigger than I had thought it would be.

Then we hit the bigger kids clubs. I think we went in the lab first then over to the club, but I can’t swear to it and I can’t remember off the top of my head which is which. I do like the Dreams set up better where both clubs run into each other and kids can go from side to side. On the Magic the age groups are completely separated.

kidsclub1.jpg

kidsclub2.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
kidsclub3.jpg

kidsclub4.jpg

kidsclub5.jpg

kidsclub6.jpg

kidsclub7.jpg

kidsclub8.jpg

You have to go around to the other side of the Atrium on deck 5 to get to the other club.

chandelier1.jpg

atrium1.jpg

I’ll let you in on a secret. I had trouble finding both clubs. It was set up so differently than the Dream that I walked by them a couple of times and had to ask a CM to direct us.

oceaneerclub.jpg

kidsclub9.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
kidsclub10.jpg

kidsclub11.jpg

kidsclub12.jpg

kidsclub13.jpg

And this is why I want to be a kid …….the pirate ship!

kidsclub14.jpg

kidsclub15.jpg

kidsclub16.jpg

kidsclub17.jpg

It was actually very different than I had pictured it…but still looked like great fun for kids.

kidsclub18.jpg

kidsclub20.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
kidsclub31.jpg

kidsclub32.jpg

kidsclub33.jpg

kidsclub34.jpg

This hallway is between the 2 clubs.

portholehallway.jpg

We headed back to our room. I am not sure why we did, but our luggage had arrived.
I forgot to mention earlier that we had also met our State Room Host, Rodrigo, and he was just so friendly. We loved this guy. We had asked him to separate the beds and they were already done now and he had brought our luggage into our room as well.

room9.jpg

We decided to unpack a bit and then I hung out on the balcony taking it all in…and then we spot them…dolphins!

dolphin1.jpg

dolphin2.jpg

Sadly those are the best pictures I got of the buggers. They were popping up randomly and I never knew where to aim. Why did they hang here in this gross looking green water….go out into the ocean…it’s cleaner out there!

boater1.jpg

You probably can’t see them in this picture, but there are 2 dolphins peeking up out in the distance.

dolphin3.jpg

And a few birds flew by.

birds1.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
We then saw this float by. UGH! Lisa told me to take a picture and tell everyone NOT to litter and it is so nasty and the poor dolphins are swimming with this junk.

litter.jpg

boater2.jpg

We headed out and over to Guest Services. I wanted to get tickets for the Alice Tea Party. I ended up getting them for our 2nd sea day for Lisa, Brook and I.
I will give you all the disappointing news right now. We all completely forgot about it and never went. I am so mad at myself for doing so…but I took a nap without a care in the world and remembered several hours later.

guestservicedesk1.jpg

guestservicedesk2.jpg

And then we had to get a picture with the Mickey Icon.

meandcaptnmickey1.jpg

meandcaptnmickey2.jpg

lisaandcaptnmickey1.jpg

lisaandcaptnmickey2.jpg

chandelier2.jpg

atrium2.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
And then it was time to check out Beat Street, which is the bar area.

beatstreet1.jpg

beatstreet2.jpg

beatstreet3.jpg

beatstreet4.jpg

A look into Rockin Bar D.

rockinbard1.jpg

rockinbard2.jpg

rockinbard3.jpg

rockinbard4.jpg

This place hosted a lot of events and usually had the adult nightly entertainer in here.

rockinbard5.jpg

rockinbard6.jpg

rockinbard7.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
After our tour of the bar area I wanted to find the Edge (the preteen club) and take a look at that. That is the one club I had not seen on the Dream, so it would be nice to see what the Magic had…and maybe I can compare in a few weeks….

edge1.jpg

edge2.jpg

edge3.jpg

edge4.jpg

edge5.jpg

edge6.jpg

edge7.jpg

edge8.jpg

edge9.jpg

It was nice and I am sure the preteens enjoy it very much.

We then headed towards Brook’s room.

crappyhallwaypicture.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
I wanted to give her her tea party ticket …..you know ….the ones we totally forgot about on the actual day …..

While in her room, I took a few pictures. She brought this turtle along. It’s Henry’s and she took pictures of him throughout the cruise in different spots and was going to show Henry his adventures.

Henrysturtle.jpg

Brook had an ocean view room. This was the view out her window.

viewoutbrooksroom.jpg

brooksroom1.jpg

brooksroom2.jpg

brooksroom3.jpg

brooksroom4.jpg

I noticed Brook has this little stool under her desk. I wasn’t sure if we had one in our room too, as I didn’t see it. I did later find out we do, and I think ours was a different pattern of covering too. I’m sure I eventually took a picture.

brooksroom5.jpg

Here is the fish outside the doors (the Fantasy and Dream are not all actual fish, but have other things like seahorses too). Disney will leave notes on the fish. This is also where people hang their “Fish Extenders”. Those are people who join a group, usually on Dis, and they get so many members (10 -30) and then every room leaves a gift in the Fish Extender (FE) to all on the list. Kind of like a secret Santa type thing, but you leave it for everyone on the list and you don’t have to be anonymous.
We did not partake in it this cruise. With such a short time to plan, I just didn’t have time to get little gifts for each room. I am doing it for our Nov. cruise, and that’s been enough work there.
However, many people on our facebook page said they had more than enough gifts to share, and if anyone wanted to sign up on the “extra gift” list, we were welcomed to. Brook and I both did. I hung my FE out, but Brook didn’t. I think I got more than she did though because I was well marked and had a spot to leave the goodies.

brooksfish.jpg

I think Lisa thought I was a bit crazy at first for placing mine out and putting magnets on our door, but after a bit, she commented that she loved our decorated door and it made our room very easy to find when we came back to it each time. (That was the same comment my Mom had made last year on the Dream too)

ChuckElias

You're pictures of the stateroom and Beat Street feel like homecoming pictures to me. Every one is so familiar, THANKS! :)

And to totally hijack your thread for a second, the title you picked "I love comedians. . ." for some reason reminded me of this video. It's WDW, not DCL, but:

Kristia

Ahhhhhhhhh....you are making me miss my Magic! I have only been on one Disney cruise so far and it was on the Magic. Can't wait to do it again someday!

jenseib

Original Poster
You're pictures of the stateroom and Beat Street feel like homecoming pictures to me. Every one is so familiar, THANKS! :)

And to totally hijack your thread for a second, the title you picked "I love comedians. . ." for some reason reminded me of this video. It's WDW, not DCL, but:

That is the COOLEST video. Thanks for sharing. And did you see the Tower of Terror guy in there. He's the one on one of the travel channel specials and I had my daughter and niece get a picture with him in Nov.

travelchannelguy.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
All 3 of us headed out of the room. We went to look at the shops area. This was not open yet, but I wanted to see what it looked like.

shops1.jpg

I really loved the window displays.

shops2.jpg

shops3.jpg

shops4.jpg

Look how cute the door is too.

shops5.jpg

A special shirt for this cruise…there were actually 2 and I liked the other one better but both were too pricey for me.

shops6.jpg

I took a peek in through the window …… I spot Dooneys!

shops7.jpg

shops8.jpg

shops9.jpg

shops10.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
shops11.jpg

I had to get some shots of good old Walt. Something learned on a tour later in the week ….there is something missing from this famous picture ….do you know what it is?

wdtheatre1.jpg

wdtheatre2.jpg

Brook took a picture of Lisa and I.

wdtheatre3.jpg

wdtheatre4.jpg

shops12.jpg

shops13.jpg

I then decided to give Claire a call. I didn’t mention this, but in the morning I had called Skip, and he had said he ended up going to my Moms and getting Claire last night. I guess he was already getting lonely. So she spent the night with him and my Mom came over around 9 or so and picked her back up this morning.
Claire wasn’t too talkative. She was busy playing, but we said “I Love Yous” and I told her I would try to call if I could, but I might not be able to. She was doing fine and told me about some of the fun she had had already. They had gone to a movie the day before and my Mom was keeping her very busy ….or vice versa!

A few more pictures randomly around the area. I think I might’ve taken some of them while I was on the phone.

watchyourstep.jpg

preludes.jpg

I stepped outside and looked at deck 4.

lifeboat1.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
dstation.jpg

I liked to call this the Titanic deck. It just made me think of the movie so much with the look of it.

deck4.jpg

And back in again.

preludeschairs.jpg

More shop windows.

shops14.jpg

shops15.jpg

We were thirsty now so we made our way up to deck 9 to the drink station.

A few while we waited for the elevator.

chandelier3.jpg

captainmickey.jpg

elevatorhand.jpg

The drink station was a “happening” place.

drinkstation1.jpg

drinkstation2.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
We wandered a bit more.

sprayhat1.jpg

viewthroughhand.jpg

I have to say that I kept forgetting that Lisa and Brook had just met the day before. They got along fabulously.
A view off the side of the ship.

oilrigs1.jpg

funnels.jpg

I wanted to see if I could take a look at the Vibe (Teen Club). I believe we separated from Brook at this point. Sadly when we got there it was already closed because the muster drill time was approaching.
So we gave up on that and headed towards our station.

art1.jpg

art2.jpg

I admired this artwork over the course of the cruise. Let’s just say the prices were not cheap and I would’ve been murdered for spending such an amount of money on any of these.

art3.jpg

shutterssign.jpg

shutters1.jpg

Our muster drill station was in Animators Palate, along with several other groups.

animatorspalate1.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
animatorspalate2.jpg

animatorspalate3.jpg

We checked in and took a seat.

animatorspalate4.jpg

It still amazes me how many people show up late for this. I figure if you get there on time you can be done with it much faster.

animatorspalate4.jpg

animatorspalate5.jpg

animatorspalate6.jpg

We had a loud family come in and stand behind us. They were kind of funny and they never realized they had to check in when they came in. Here they were calling out their room number looking for them and not one in the group of several rooms had even checked in.

musterstationr.jpg

animatorspalate7.jpg

animatrospalate8.jpg

The drill was painless, but something about it makes me sleepy. I think sitting for more than 5 minutes on a busy day does that to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom