I Love Comedians with Guitars, a Magic Trip Report

jenseib

Original Poster
coffeeserved.jpg

Another character sighting! The Big Cheese himself!

cptnmickey.jpg

If you remember way back earlier in this report I mentioned that Walt was missing something in this picture.

disneytheatre1.jpg

It was his cigarette! I am not sure if the original ship mural had it or if it was made this way from the start. I have heard from some that it was there, but Andy made it sound like it wasn’t.

disneymural.jpg

Moving on.

treasureketch.jpg

andy.jpg

It was kind of funny as when we would stop at times, a few other people would stop for a bit and listen in. I am sure not everyone realized they had “free” ship tours. I am really glad I read about it and took it. It was very interesting.

We started to head outside and guess what? It was raining! But Andy said he had something he wanted to show us and we had a roof over us, so we would be fine.

rainstorm1.jpg

The ships belly button! This is where the 2 halves were brought together and welded. The Wonder also has a belly button, but was made as a whole rather than halves, but they felt she needed a belly button to so they just put one on her. I don’t think the Dream and Fantasy have them though.

shipsbellybutton.jpg

Trying to get artsy while Andy talked.

lifeboat.jpg

The sun was trying to peek through.

suntryingtopeek.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
rainstorm2.jpg

Andy then told us the story about the ships color. Monica Blue. I have heard this story before and it is always similar, but not always the exact same. Basically the story is that they were trying to come up with a color. They wanted black like the old ocean liners had, but yet that was drab, and they wanted blue, but there was some issue with that. Monica, who was a secretary or something along those lines was wearing a very dark blue skirt, dress, or pants, depending on who tells it and they said I want that color and they had the color made specially going off her clothing. So it is now called Monica blue. And she still works for the company, and if I remember right is quite high up now.

And then a freaky thing happened. Look at the sky.

sunpeeks1.jpg

It cleared up in a matter of seconds. Andy looks back and gives this funny look and says “well that is a bit creepy”. LOL

oilrigsindistance.jpg

We finished up talking a bit outside and headed back in for the final bit of the tour.

We headed back inside to finish up the tour.

andyandmickey.jpg

susanandshelly.jpg

And what do you know? Another character sighting!

staircasedonald.jpg

staircasedonald2.jpg

He was happy that we were all gushing over him.

staircasedonald3.jpg

We finished up with Andy, and he told us something about this pole, but I can’t remember once again what the importance of them are.

dpole.jpg

And if you look directly up, guess what you see?

hiddenmickeyinlight.jpg

A hidden Mickey!

jenseib

Original Poster
The tour pretty much ended and a few people stuck around and asked a few questions and some of us took some more pictures as well.

helmsmickey5.jpg

helmsmickey6.jpg

camerabrook.jpg

chairrail1.jpg

chairrail2.jpg

chairrail3.jpg

chairrail4.jpg

inaugeralpicture.jpg

studiosea.jpg

And we all headed back towards our rooms.
Some of the girls stopped to talk to the DVC guys. The shorter one in the blue shirt pointing, we had met him earlier and he was from Toledo, OH. I live 30 minutes from there and when we talked to him we found he was really from Maumee, which is where my sister lives. Small world.

dvctoledo.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
studioseasign.jpg

You could tell we were getting closer to Texas. The Oil Rigs were all over once again.

oilrig1.jpg

oilrig2.jpg

oilrig3.jpg

Once back in the room I got ready for the show of the night, Remember the Magic.

Lisa and I headed off to the show and met up with the other girls. We found a seat together and really enjoyed this show.
We all had tears, even Lisa. She told me that she is now a convert! She really enjoyed sailing with Disney.
I also want to say that Lisa thanked me over and over for inviting her on the cruise. Now she paid her own way, but she said she never would’ve done this if I hadn’t asked. I was really happy that she had enjoyed herself. It made me really glad I had invited her as well.

After the show, we headed back to the room for a short while before dinner.

Our favorite stateroom host, Rodrigo had come through for us! He left us some extra lotions.

towelseacreature1.jpg

The sky was beautiful, so I attempted to take a few pictures.

bluenightsky.jpg

That speck of light out there is the Carnival Triumph.

bluenightsky2.jpg

bluenightsky3.jpg

Before we knew it, it was time to head to our last dinner of the cruise. Boo hoo!

helmsmickey7.jpg

Lumiere’s was our spot tonight.

We settled in and chit chatted and took a look at the “Till We Meet Again” menu.

tillwemeetagain.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
Out came the rolls.

royalrolls.jpg

I think Chris said something about keeping the ice tea coming and they brought her out several! LOL

royaltea.jpg

Lisa mentioned that we didn’t have many pictures of the 2 of us together, so Brook took one for us.

lisandilastdinner.jpg

As for our appetizers, I have lovely pictures, but no clue what they are. I have looked at menus and not one seems to have a description that fits either one of them. So here they are.

lasttomatoe.jpg

lastpotato.jpg

If anyone knows what either of these is, I would love to know. LOL

I believe for the soup I had the Crawfish and Lobster Bisque served with roasted corn-chili relish.

lastsoup1.jpg

And Lisa had the Potato Leek Soup garnished with sour cream, chives and caviar.

lastsoup2.jpg

For our main courses, again I am not seeing a good match on the online menus. I have no clue what this is, but it looks like an alligator head on veggies. LOL! This was Lisa’s. I am guessing some kind of fish or chicken.

lastmeat.jpg

This was mine, which I think was some sort of beef tenderloin.

lastmeat2.jpg

Dinner was good once again, even if I can’t remember what I actually ate.

I did however take a picture of the inside of the dessert menu.

lastmenu.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
And then the servers paraded around with the Baked Alaska.

bakedalaskaparade.jpg

bakedalaskaparade2.jpg

luisinparade.jpg

luisandraphaelinparade.jpg

herecomeslandr.jpg

yahoolandr.jpg

High Fives for all!

high5sforall.jpg

Then Luis and Raphael posed for us. Luis was always being so funny.

misbehaving.jpg

landr.jpg

This was the look we got often from Luis. He had the funniest eye expressions.

landr2.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
Brook asked if they would take a picture with Crush. She had been taking pictures through the trip with him for her son Henry.
They decided to hold Crush for ransom.

killingcrush.jpg

They totally were cracking themselves up.

crushsurvived.jpg

Dessert then came out after all the goofing around. I think both Lisa and I got the Till We Meet Again Sweet Temptations - A trio of Celebration Cake, Chocolate Decadence, and Cappuccino Mousse.

deserttrio.jpg

I kind of wished I had gotten the Baked Alaskan as well, but I didn’t because I was too full …and too fat. We all were joking how our clothes were fitting pretty tight this evening. I was smart and saved my roomiest dress for this evening!
Julie, who is a tiny little thing said she had very little that she could fit into and wasn’t sure what she would wear home. LOL! She said her cruise consisted mostly of lying around or drinking or eating. Sounds like a fun vacation to me!

After dinner was over, I think we roamed around a bit then came back to the Atrium for the till we meet again fairwell party. This party was CROWDED!

tillwemeet1.jpg

They were playing a few Disney tunes to get us in the mood.

tillwemeet2.jpg

tillwemeet3.jpg

Soon Peter came out and the characters came not far behind.

tilwemeet4.jpg

I took a TON of pictures and about 70% of them are completely blurry. I don’t know what the deal was, but I couldn’t take a good picture to save my life. And with it being so crowded, it was hard to get them as well.
The other 30% weren’t all that great either.

tillwemeet5.jpg

tillwemeet6.jpg

After the characters come out, they have a little bit of time set aside for some last meet and greets. I went around and tried to get pictures of some of the characters.

tillwemeet7.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
tillwemeet8.jpg

This girl was Lisa’s favorite. She noticed her at the 2nd show. Her arms are so muscular. Probably too muscular, but I should could take lessons from her.

tillwemeet9.jpg

tillwemeet10.jpg

tillwemeet11.jpg

tillwemeet12.jpg

tillwemeetagain12.jpg

tillwemeet13.jpg

tillwemeet14.jpg

tillwemeet15.jpg

tillwemeet16.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
That's Yzma, from the Emperor's New Groove.

And this guy is Kronk, Yzma's assistant. He's what. . . in his late 20's?

Yes, we did know that, but the actual actress was Lisa's favorite. She was different characters throughout the trip and we always recognized her right way because of the arms. LOL

jenseib

Original Poster
I continued to walk around and try to get pictures of the characters at the Till We Meet Again party. Lisa gave up shortly after the show started and found a seat.

tillwemeet17.jpg

tillwemeet18.jpg

tillwemeet19.jpg

tillwemeet20.jpg

tillwemeet21.jpg

tillwemeet22.jpg

tillwemeet23.jpg

I watched Cinderella for a while.

tillwemeet24.jpg

tillwemeet25.jpg

She basically had no line so I went up for a picture.

tillwemeet26.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
It was just crazy in the Atrium though. Lots of people packed in a small area.

tillwemeet27.jpg

I spotted Jazzy up a level with her friend.

tillwemeet28.jpg

Soon the meet and greet portion was over and the characters returned to the stairs for a little bit more of a show.

tillwemeet29.jpg

tillwemeet30.jpg

tillwemeet31.jpg

tillwemeet32.jpg

tillwemeet33.jpg

tillwemeet34.jpg

It really was hard to get a decent picture with the poor lighting and so many people around.

tillwemeet35.jpg

tillwemeet36.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
tillwemeet37.jpg

tillwemeet38.jpg

I don’t know why Cinderella and Belle have such funny looks on their faces. I guess they were sad the cruise was ending too.

tillwemeet39.jpg

tillwemeet40.jpg

tillwemeet41.jpg

tillwemeet42.jpg

Goofy was so funny! As he walked up the stairs he totally fell and of course everyone had a good laugh.

tillwemeet43.jpg

tillwemeet44.jpg

Slowly each character started to say goodbye and head up the stairs.

tillwemeet45.jpg

tillwemeet46.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
tillwemeet47.jpg

tillwemeet48.jpg

Bye Mickey!!!!!

tillwemeet49.jpg

Lots of confetti fell and I picked up a few pieces for Claire. And looked around and had a really good laugh. Not only were the kids crawling around on the floor getting confetti, but adults were! Women in dresses were all over the place fighting over confetti. Seriously, do you need confetti that badly? And they weren’t standing up till every scrap was picked up. I guess that makes cleanup for the cast members easier.

I find Lisa sitting on a couch and talking to a guy. His wife was one of the confetti picker uppers. LOL! But she wasn’t as bad as some. She collected just enough to give the kids some and was happy with it. I started talking to him and then his wife and small world …..she was on our cruise facebook group.

We chatted a little bit and then headed up to the top of the ship once again. We decided we would have one last drink together for fun.

It was very quiet up there tonight.

lastnightmagicdeck.jpg

I got a strawberry daiquiri.

strawberrydaq.jpg

I have no clue what Lisa ended up getting.

We just sat around and sipped our drinks and talked for a bit.

lastnightondeck.jpg

We had had such a fun vacation. Lisa was so glad to have come, and I was so glad she came with me. She also said having the other girls along made it even more fun. They all seemed to get a long great, just like we were all friends for years.

After our drinks, we headed back to the room for our last night of sleep. Lisa said she has sleeping issues at home and the ship was wonderful. She wasn’t sure if it was the rocking motion or the daily dose of bonine, but something was making her sleep like a rock!

ChuckElias

Yes, we did know that, but the actual actress was Lisa's favorite. She was different characters throughout the trip and we always recognized her right way because of the arms. LOL
Ok, lol. I thought maybe you missed "Villains Tonight".

Plus, it was an easy chance to slip in a line from the movie. One of my wife's favorite moments is when Kuzko asks, "So he's what. . . ? In his late 20's?" And Yzma answers, "I'mmmmm. . . . not sure". She loves that and uses the line all the time.

Me: Honey, where's the remote?
Her: I'mmmmm. . . not sure. :)

jenseib

Original Poster
Ok, lol. I thought maybe you missed "Villains Tonight".

Plus, it was an easy chance to slip in a line from the movie. One of my wife's favorite moments is when Kuzko asks, "So he's what. . . ? In his late 20's?" And Yzma answers, "I'mmmmm. . . . not sure". She loves that and uses the line all the time.

Me: Honey, where's the remote?
Her: I'mmmmm. . . not sure. :)

lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom