I just want some icecream....

jayhawk2307

What i can't understand are the people that push their way up to the front and when they get into a theatre say(philharmagic,TTBAB or Muppets)then they do not want to go to the end of a row so they stop in the middle and pretend that they do not understand that the CM is talking to them when they are saying "Please move all the way to the end of the row filling in all available seats"
:shrug: :hammer:

Oh don't get me started on that that drives me insane(especially Phil). Every single time I have been to any show at WDW in my hundreds of trips that happens every single time no matter what:brick:

jayhawk2307

on the subject of line cutting, I honestly don't believe in saving spots in line. It flustrates me to no end when I see people getting into line with someone else in front of me. I mean I can undestand if the person had been sick and needed to leave line, but I hate when people leave just to get food or they don't want to wait.
if your hungry look at the line before hand to see how long it is, and get food before you get in line!

The only time that is ok IMO is if say there is a small child who was either scared, diaper change, got lost, changed mind etc. But the one guy that saves a spot for the other 30 people in his tour group that then get in line all the way in the front NO EXCUSE they can suffer in the 100 degree 90% humidity like the rest of us.

Chernobog

I certainly agree that rude people are present in all nationalities, races, etc. When I was a CM at the House of Magic from 91-94, I had a very simple solution to guests (of all nationalities, mind you) cutting to the front of the register. I checked to see who was last in line when that person cut to the front, and then I helped everyone to that person, and THEN rang up the attempted line cutter. If they spoke English and complained, I explained what I was doing. If they had a problem with that, too bad. I would recommend they take their purchase to a register with less people perhaps, but that's all I would do. It's just not fair to allow people to ruin other people's magic with selfish behavior. And there's my two cents.

On a side note, have to love the ice cream! My grandfather fell in love with the parlor there on Main Street, and seeing it is always a pleasant reminder of the one trip he took down there with us when I was a kid.

wulfgeat

All I know is those folks better not try anything like that at Downtown Disney. Banned for life! Just that quick. I've heard even Chuck Norris is a little wary of the enforcement at Downtown Disney.:animwink:

fossilizedtrees

Original Poster
The only time that is ok IMO is if say there is a small child who was either scared, diaper change, got lost, changed mind etc. But the one guy that saves a spot for the other 30 people in his tour group that then get in line all the way in the front NO EXCUSE they can suffer in the 100 degree 90% humidity like the rest of us.

Oh i def. agree. There is a time an a place to leave a line and be allowed back in, especially with kids. But just becuase your kid wants Ice Cream and doesn't understand the meaning of "NO" does not justify getting your spot back.

I really am going to start voicing my opposition to things like this and times when others are just being rude. Honestly I don't care what people think, and the likely hood of ever seeing these people again is slim to none.
And if someone wants to get mad at me and try to hurt me, whatever. I mean they are the ones who will be kicked out, not me.

I think im going to carry plastic shopping bags and gloves too. I mean I hate when I see trash all over queue lines like soarin' when ther is a trash can a few feet ahead. CMs aren't there to be slaves.

Chernobog

Japanese guests

Those comprised the first 18-20 phrases I learned in Japanese! They have ever-increasingly more polite versions of each phrase up to the level of directly thanking the Emperor!

:ROFLOL:

In my experience at WDW, I never met anyone more courteous than the Japanese people. They were always an absolute delight to deal with.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well Why doesn't Disney do this?:shrug:
Because Disney has policies in place to ensure CMs aren't rude to customers. Better customer relations overall is more important than a few queue-jumpers 'getting away' with it. Disney's policies have over the course of years proven lucrative with regard to the bottom line and that's what the company is all about.

When Six Flags has the attendance and income that TWDC has at its parks, then maybe Disney will follow their example... But Disney's not going to mess with success.

beachclubbasics

In my experience at WDW, I never met anyone more courteous than the Japanese people. They were always an absolute delight to deal with.

They are defintely a wonderful people, though from what I hear from my 18 year old who is currently in Tokyo, things are changing in Japan...and not always for the better (sigh). Evidently, a lot of the younger set in Japan has become very rude, though not as rude as their Western counterparts.

It's one reason why my family is moving to Japan in the near future..the level of politeness and civility, along with the emphasis on education (I'm a teacher).
The Japanese, for the most part, also tend to be shy and reserved (again, much like my own family). I wonder what they must think of us here in the US.

DisneyChik17

When we were at WDW in April I had my Mickey Graduation Ears on in Epcot. The girls that were working in Japan were so sweet! They ALL told me congratulations and asked a few questions about my graduation. And yes, CMs everywhere were congratulatory, but they were just a step above.

beachclubbasics

Those comprised the first 18-20 phrases I learned in Japanese! They have ever-increasingly more polite versions of each phrase up to the level of directly thanking the Emperor!

:ROFLOL:
:) I think that, universally, those are the best phrases to know, especially if you don't know much else. Japanese is one hard language to learn!

beachclubbasics

When we were at WDW in April I had my Mickey Graduation Ears on in Epcot. The girls that were working in Japan were so sweet! They ALL told me congratulations and asked a few questions about my graduation. And yes, CMs everywhere were congratulatory, but they were just a step above.
Graduation is a big deal to the Japanese because they place such a high value on education and not everyone in Japan goes to high school, let alone graduates. And college is even harder to get into.

When I tell a a Japanese person that I am a teacher they fall all over themselves to be polite and complimentary. Much different than the reaction I get from the typical American, I can tell you that...lol. It's an honor to be called Sensei :)

I hate to see the way the Asian CMs are sometimes so rudely treated in WS.

the-reason14

Well it seems that in July and ususally in the summer months that there are more tour groups than any other time of the year. Ive had my share case of run ins with them, nothing to bad or bad enough to make me act ignorant, but I do know that if 1 person was standing in front of me and raised a flag and I had seen about 10 to 20 people coming about to get infront of me, I would get infront of the person that has the flag and try to wave the other few people behind me to join me. I just dont understand.

beachclubbasics

I don't usualy have too many problems withthe tour groups, but there is a cast memebr blog on the jim Hill site. I f what the poster says is half true about some of the tour groups-- yikes!

Chernobog

They are defintely a wonderful people, though from what I hear from my 18 year old who is currently in Tokyo, things are changing in Japan...and not always for the better (sigh). Evidently, a lot of the younger set in Japan has become very rude, though not as rude as their Western counterparts.

What's funny was trying to get in the last "thank you" with one of the Japanese guests. You would say "thank you", then they would say "thank you", and before you knew it, a verbal tennis match had begun. After the third time through the rotation, I would gladly except defeat...realizing that to continue would be somewhat rude. (And not the least bit ironic.):)

Ella's Mommy

Hmmm....The problem here is that you were going for Ice Cream, when you should have been pursuing a tasty frozen lemonade from Frontierland, and not the crumby frozen lemonade that you buy from a street vendor during Illuminations RoE, that comes in a lil minute maid carton with a tiny plastic spoon..Ohhh NO, Im talkin about the good stuff, the stuff dreams are made of....The stuff that sits nestled up just outside of Country Bear Jamboree, and Rock N Roller Coaster....this coffee now tastes like garbage...Great!

You forgot the place on the side near the teacups just round the corner from Winnie!!!!!! I am totally with you there!!!!I would opt for frozen lemonade before IC any day.

beachclubbasics

What's funny was trying to get in the last "thank you" with one of the Japanese guests. You would say "thank you", then they would say "thank you", and before you knew it, a verbal tennis match had begun. After the third time through the rotation, I would gladly except defeat...realizing that to continue would be somewhat rude. (And not the least bit ironic.):)
LOL Very true! I've leared to just quickly say "You're welcome" to end the volley.lol

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I didn't escalate with one individual. When I said thank you and they said thank you back more politely I just made mental note and said thank you that way the next time. After the fifth iteration, I thanked a shopkeeper in the level of politeness afforded the Emperor and he blushed and ran into the back room. I didn't have a clue what I had done wrong until later when I met a lovely young lady who worked as a professional model and spoke very good English who laughed and explained that the Japanese need to maintain "face" by being more polite than a 'gaijin' [foreigner] and thus one-upped me every time. When I used the most polite possible form, I embarrassed him because he could not maintain face. I learned a valuable lesson that day and made a point of returning to the shop and apologizing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom