I just had my phone interview!

beyondyou

Original Poster
And it went very very well. I have done the College Program once before so that helped a lot. For all of you doing your very first phone interview, just be yourself and everything will be fine. Honesty is key to when they ask you what you want to do regarding roles.
I find out in 2-3weeks so cross your fingers for me!

If anyone has any questions regarding the College Program or phone interview, please do not hesitate to ask me through PM or here :D

beyondyou

Original Poster
So it will be a email or phone call first before anything comes in the mail?

they will not contact you on the phone anymore. now it is a waiting game until a letter comes in the mail.
If it is a small letter, not so good.
large pamphlet, awesome sauce!

i have heard that they may email us this year instead though? but i'd put my money on a letter or pamphlet

indycarfan7

I'm thinking I did well in my interview, but I'm not all that sure. I was myself, but some of the questions caught be off guard and I hope the answers I gave are enough to get accepted lol the interviewer was very nice.

beyondyou

Original Poster
It sounds like you did fine. I still remember my first interview 2yrs ago and i was sweating bullets. If you remained calm and collected during the interview, all while having a smile on your face then you will be fine :D

nola11

question

If you don't mine me asking... What did you guys interview for ??

I don't think you can do the college program interview until Sept. Thanks

beyondyou

Original Poster
If you don't mine me asking... What did you guys interview for ??

I don't think you can do the college program interview until Sept. Thanks
the website is wrong. i know it tells you taht you must wait until september to sign up for the college program in spring, however it opened up about a week ago.
Go to the disney college program website adn click apply now if you would like to do this!

and thank you very much steve!

Michi4515

I have my phone interview for this upcoming Friday:sohappy:. Any advise? What kind of questions do they ask? Thanks for the help!

Good Luck!!!

indycarfan7

My top two choices for roles were Transportation and Rides/Attractions. I also applied for character attendant, photopass photographer, and main entrance operations. I requested to hopefully work at Epcot.

In regards to the interview advice, the first question she asked me was why I wanted to work for Disney. She also asks yes or no questions and questions about the roles you are interested in. For example I put down transportation, she told me safety is a big concern of theirs and she asked me why I thought that was.

If you want to request a location to work at, make sure at the end of the interview when its time for questions that you mention that. She will not ask you directly where you request to work.

beyondyou

Original Poster
letting you true self shine through. You are obviously obsessed about disney like the rest of us, make sure they know your passion for the company. If this is your first interview, they will have to talk to you a lot about the program itself.
When they get to the actual role checklist part, be very receptive to other roles they may offer you. I assure you they'll ask if you would ever consider doing quick service, merchandise, and main gate since those are considered the least fun roles(even though they're still a joy!). be receptive to them still, what i said was, "if my top three choices are not available, i will gladly do one of these roles."
Being able to answers about your top roles quickly is a plus too, all while keeping a smile on your face. They are looking for people who can handle the stresses of disney all while keeping the magic.

uhhhhhh, it's 1am here and i think i've typed enough for one day haha.
any other questions, please feel free to ask :wave:

coco1217

My gosh I'm so nervous for this. I just did my phone interview two days ago but mine was for the disneyland one. I'm planning on doing the disneyworld one also though. I'm freaking out because three to four weeks is far away. Its nice to have other people waiting for their results too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom