I just got back from the Poly

artvandelay

We stayed at the Poly May 4 thru the 10th. We were in the Hawaii building (Concierge) with a lagoon view. Here are my observations:

1 I would recommend the Concierge level if you stay at the Poly. It costs more, but you save a lot of money on the little things. Every morning at 7am, a continental breakfast is served. We ate there every day. For lunch, there was snacks and cookies(great sugar cookies). At 5pm ,dinner was served. One night was Mexican, another was sushi, another Italian. WE had dinner there twice. Also, there is 24 hour, unlimited soda and bottled water. We never bought a bottle of water the whole time we were there. All of these perks ended up saving us a lot of money. The level of service from the Cm's is outstanding (especially Kathy from Brooklyn and Yvette from Puerto Rico). All you had to do was ask and it was done.

2 The pool was nice, but small. The water slide was awesome and a little scary. The fountain was great for my 22 month old son.

3 You can't beat the Poly for transportation. My son and I would ride the monorail to the other hotels every day. The boat launch to GF and MK is also convenient (especially from Hawaii).

4 The rooms in Hawaii are dark at night or if your shades are closed. The main culprit is the flourescent bulbs in all the fixtures don't have the punch to light up the whole room. Also, there is a ceiling fan, but there is no light attached to it. I know Hawaii is scheduled for refurb in June and I hope this problem is fixed. The rooms were large and comfortable. The TV was only 13" because you get a refrig. next to your TV. It was worth the trade off because the 'fridge is free on concierge level.

We would stay at the Poly again.

Scooter

We're staying at The Contemporary THIS next trip. (October 03)

But NEXT trip ( May 2004 ) we're gonna stay at the Polynesian Conceirge. We decided to wait until all the refurbs are done so we can get that great view of the Castle.

We have stayed at the Polynesian twice but never Conceirge.

WE can't wait!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mom2stitch

I loved reading your report. We are going back to the Polynesian at the end of the month and I can't wait. Concierge there is the Best!! We will be staying Tahiti because of the rehab of Hawaii , so I am a little concerned but not too much. We will also be staying GV concierge for the first time instead of LV.
I will miss looking out the window every night falling asleep while watching the castle change colors!
My DH had a problem with the amount of light the lighting gives off too. He always felt it was too dark in the rooms.
Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. Oh I wish I was already there!!:cry:

Upvote 0
Why not just join the DVC? Its a lil pricey at first...but in the long wrong, what an investment?! My family must go at least 3 times a year...my mom goes a total of about 6. Home away from home is how they advertise it...and I couldn't agree more. Service is outstanding, and it is to the point where I know some of the CM's at OKW decently. Not to mention the hundreds of places world wide you can go. Just can't be beat.

Upvote 0

mom2stitch

Dan I am not sure if you were talking to me or someone else. As for me and the DVC, I don't see the value in it to be honest. We get special discounts through my husbands employer it is much cheaper than doing DVC for us. My Husbands cousin is a member and she gets quite upset at the discounts we recieve. Maybe one day when DH retires and we have more travel time and no discount we will consider it. :)

Upvote 0

Nansafan

2 The pool was nice, but small. The water slide was awesome and a little scary. The fountain was great for my 22 month old son.

Did you try the "quiet" pool? Our fav resort is the Poly. After a trip or 2 down the slide at the volcano pool, we head to the other one. It is large and empty. Getting a lounge chair is easy and our kids have the pool to themselves.

Upvote 0

artvandelay

Original Poster
I did go over to the quiet pool, but did not go in. It is peaceful over there.
I've thought about buying into DVC and did research on it, but I decided not to do it. We go to Disney once every three years and I figured I could rent someone else's DVC points for a little more than the yearly maitenance fee. Although, I was tempted while having lunch at The Wilderness Lodge. What a place!

Upvote 0

crs7568

Yikes! A 13 inch television is awfully small. Is that the set up in all of the concierge buildings? The television is a necessity at night for me...I am embarrassed to confess that I am one of those people who falls asleep with the television on.:eek:

I am glad to hear that you had such a nice time. We are going in August and staying in Tahiti...I think. I am a bit nervous about the change to Tahiti building.

Upvote 0
13" Television

LOL!

I am not really one to fall asleep with the television on, but I do like to watch quite a bit of television (even while at Disney World). My main concern is this...

when I take my glasses off, I can't see a darn thing (well, things that are far off). I need at least a 25" television to see without my glasses on! :hammer: :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom