I hope this isn't another dumb question

RayLaVeau

Hi all, anyone know what it is generally like during the first week of October?

Weather-Crowds, wait times etc...

It is my Moms first time going and I hope I picked a good time ( like there ever is a bad one :) )
anyway any thoughts, suggestions or advice would be greatly accepted.
Thanks

R

primetime52

Hi all, anyone know what it is generally like during the first week of October?

Weather-Crowds, wait times etc...

It is my Moms first time going and I hope I picked a good time ( like there ever is a bad one :) )
anyway any thoughts, suggestions or advice would be greatly accepted.
Thanks

R

You're in luck. Early October is one of the best times to visit! Crowds will be at their lightest point of the year (even though it's always at least a little crowded at WDW these days) and the weather will probably be starting to get cooler around that time. I usually go every September which is also great for light crowds, but I still get that summer heat. October should be considerably cooler than summer.

Upvote 0

Alice_Lost

We go every year in October, but last year we got a really bad heat wave towards the end of the month. It was in the 90s! Well most years it is nice weather and minimal crowds. One day when we arrived early to Magic Kingdom we got to ride Space Mountain 5 times in a row with out any wait. So make sure to get to the parks when they open.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

The only time we have gone to WDW in Oct was in 2005 (Oct.4th-9th). It was VERY hot that week, the temp everyday was 90+ and the humidity was near 100% everyday. However, there was a strong tropical storm out in the atlantic ocean at that time and the weather channel said that was causing the weather to act more like July/August. We still had a great time and we had a blast at the MNSSHP even though we were a group of 8 adults (ages 25-55) and no kids!

Upvote 0

RayLaVeau

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone, Im hopin it wont be too miserable (weather-wise) Im keepin my eyes on the stormwatch. But hey even if its bad it will be good...It's WDW! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom