I have NEVER been on Splash Mnt.

Marley's Ghost

Original Poster
I have been to WDW 12 times with my parents and now with my wife and kids and I have NEVER EVER ridden Splash. I just never thought getting soaked would be a good part of the day. Is there any ride you have never been on at WDW ? Any ride you would never go on?

Mikieboy84

That's the craziest thing I ever heard!

For me that's a must at least once or even twice every time I'm at MK!

That said, I've never sat and watched any of the parades from start to finish.

I guess that probably sounds even more ridiculous to some of you, but I'm just not a big parade dude. For me Disney is ALL about the rides and attractions and walking around the parks, I just can't stand to sit still long enough to stay interested in a parade. And I would NEVER get to a spot early to watch a parade or fireworks, too much wasted time away from the rides lol!

Mikieboy84

Fair enough, I'm the exact opposite, in fact we were at AK in January a few years back and we went on the soaking wet raft ride in our sweatshirts lol

I am never happier than when I'm in the water..ocean, pool waterpark etc.

Marley's Ghost

Original Poster
Ride along..

I have seen the inside on the dvd and the kids ask about it every trip we just go on thunder mnt. twice. :shrug:

1DisneyDad

I like test track and mission space and TOT and Star tours and...
It's just the water.:(

I've never got that wet on Spalsh. River Rapids at AK is the one I get wet on. Splash is great. You should give it a try. When I been on it in Jan I maybe got a few drops on me. They must tone it down when it's cooler?!? Also, I know if you sit in a certain spot, you don;t get much water on you. Anyone? Is that true?

Marley's Ghost

Original Poster
Fair enough, I'm the exact opposite, in fact we were at AK in January a few years back and we went on the soaking wet raft ride in our sweatshirts lol

I am never happier than when I'm in the water..ocean, pool waterpark etc.

See that is fine when I am at the water park beach or pool it's just not been a need of mine to get wet at WDW.

Marley's Ghost

Original Poster
Malstrom

I have been on Malstrom with only one other person and gotten soaked. I guess the boats are wieghted for more people.

Tiggerfanatic

I feel the same way about Kali River Rapids. I love Splash - you just get a little damp. I'm not a big fan of walking around in squishy sneakers. I did that once at Kennywood - took all the fun out of the day.

Marley's Ghost

Original Poster
Maybe I'll try it !

:) Well if you don't get that wet then my kids can have christmas after all :) Then it is settled next time I go home I'll do it.:ROFLOL:

LudwigVonDrake

To the OP, ride Splash Mountain but ask to sit in the back rows. You will barely get touched by water (if at all!). Or wear a poncho. Also, if you DON'T want to get wet, STAY AWAY from Kali River Rapids. There is an excellent chance to get SOAKED on that one :)

Also, if you ride Splash Mountain, wash your hands afterward :lookaroun

CoffeeJedi

Also, if you're a little worried about the possibility of getting wet, ride it around 1:00pm when the sun is the brightest and hottest. You'll probably be dry again within 15 minutes.

Maerj

:) Well if you don't get that wet then my kids can have christmas after all :) Then it is settled next time I go home I'll do it.:ROFLOL:

I skipped it first the first couple of times for the same reason you have, but after seeing the DVD I knew I had to try it. You get a little misted that's all. I've always skipped Kali River Rapids because I see folks getting off of that completely soaked. But Splash Mountain is okay, give it a try!

Fantasmic

I have been to WDW 12 times with my parents and now with my wife and kids and I have NEVER EVER ridden Splash. I just never thought getting soaked would be a good part of the day. Is there any ride you have never been on at WDW ? Any ride you would never go on?

I'm speechless..... :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom