I have good news...

luna99

I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance with geico! ;)haha.. just kidding.. really though, I can't believe I only have one week till I leave for WDW!! I've been wanting to share this with my boyfriend and now we'll actually be doing it.. (just for a weekend, but it's a start!)....sorry this is a silly thread.. but I'm just so excited!!!

iheartdisney91

only for a weekend? oh well at least your going right? HAVE FUN! my advise is to get up when the parks open or be ready when the parks open and run all day and dont eat anything till the end. have a great time:king:

Upvote 0

CaribDisneyGirl

Don't feel silly!!! I am taking one of my close friends this summer and she has never been before. I'm sooo excited about taking a "disney virgin"!!! Unfortunately, I'm not so sure she shares in the excitement, just bc i don't think she really knows what to expect. I'm trying very hard not to drive her crazy with planning!!!
Have fun!!!!

Upvote 0

obi1_kenobi

haha this isn't a silly thread!!
what else is this board for if not sharing our love and enthusiasm for the world?

but man am i jealous!!! ive been trying to convince my giirlfriend for months to take a trip with me to the world - and i FINALLY convinced her....but we aren't going until may 2007.
the good thing though is that since we have a year to save we're planning on staying at the polynesian, so thatll be fun!

have a great time and post a trip report if you have time when you get back!!!

Upvote 0

Kadee

Luna, I hope you have the time of your life!!!!! I am very happy for you (and a bit jealous....our trip isn't until July.

CaribDisneyGirl said:
Don't feel silly!!! I am taking one of my close friends this summer and she has never been before. I'm sooo excited about taking a "disney virgin"!!! Unfortunately, I'm not so sure she shares in the excitement, just bc i don't think she really knows what to expect. I'm trying very hard not to drive her crazy with planning!!!
Have fun!!!!

I want to go with someone who has never been. That would be the best. My husband got to show me around the world on our honeymoon. He grew up in Sebring (just south of WDW) and went all the time as a kid. Our honeymoon was my first trip. Hope both of you have fun.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Kadee said:
I want to go with someone who has never been. That would be the best. *snip*

Yup, I would love that too... We were supposed to take not one but two new families with us this trip... Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. :(

We'll still have fun on our own, but I really wanted to see my DH's 9-year-old stepsister hug Cinderella! :(

(And this thread totally isn't silly!!! It's just making me sad while I sit here at my desk at work, listening to my loops of the Epcot Entrance music/soarin' and praying for July to get here already!!! :cry: )

Upvote 0

BryanandPatrizi

See you down there Luna (well probably not really, but I'll be down there with my wife and her parents at the same time).

I was lucky that I got to bring my wife as a first timer before we were married and now I get to bring my in-laws. Always the best bringing new people into the cult...err....magic! LOL!

Upvote 0

Kadee

natalia1681 said:
I have an idea! Do you want to take me and I'll pretend like it's my first time there?

C'mon, you know you want to!:lol:

I'm sure it would be a blast!!! :lol: Now if I could just win the Florida lottery:sohappy: , I'd be happy to take you!:lol:

lawyergirl77 said:
Yup, I would love that too... We were supposed to take not one but two new families with us this trip... Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. :(

We'll still have fun on our own, but I really wanted to see my DH's 9-year-old stepsister hug Cinderella! :(

(And this thread totally isn't silly!!! It's just making me sad while I sit here at my desk at work, listening to my loops of the Epcot Entrance music/soarin' and praying for July to get here already!!! :cry: )

Hey Lawyergirl! I think we are going to be in the world at the same time (according to the trip countdowns) Your trip is longer, and you're staying at a different resort, but I will be there during yours. Maybe we will run in to each other.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Kadee said:
I'm sure it would be a blast!!! :lol: Now if I could just win the Florida lottery:sohappy: , I'd be happy to take you!:lol:

Hey Lawyergirl! I think we are going to be in the world at the same time (according to the trip countdowns) Your trip is longer, and you're staying at a different resort, but I will be there during yours. Maybe we will run in to each other.

See, if I win the Canadian lottery ($35 mil canadian tomorrow - yippee!! :sohappy: ), I plan to take virtually everyone I know with me this summer!!`:lol:

And Kadee - I'll be staying at POFQ for the first 6 nights and then the last 6 at BWI. Where are you staying?

Upvote 0

wdwpooh1027

luna99 said:
I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance with geico! ;)haha.. just kidding.. really though, I can't believe I only have one week till I leave for WDW!! I've been wanting to share this with my boyfriend and now we'll actually be doing it.. (just for a weekend, but it's a start!)....sorry this is a silly thread.. but I'm just so excited!!!

OMG...I know the feeling. I am going through the samething. We(my boyfriend of 4 1/2 yrs and I ) are leaving a week from tomorrow(May 5th). O man....I am so anxious that I am starting to get some of my things together. Plus I work everyday so I dont want to forget anything.

Have a great time. :wave:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
lawyergirl77 said:
See, if I win the Canadian lottery ($35 mil canadian tomorrow - yippee!! :sohappy: ), I plan to take virtually everyone I know with me this summer!!`:lol:

And Kadee - I'll be staying at POFQ for the first 6 nights and then the last 6 at BWI. Where are you staying?

I just had a flash of the joke about the blond praying to win the lottery over and over until finally a voice booms from the sky "Meet me halfway on this, buy a ticket!" :lol:

[:lookaroun You're not blond, are you?]

[you have a ticket.... right?]

:lol:

You won't win anyway, this one's mine I tell you.... MINE! :lol:

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

MontyMon said:
I just had a flash of the joke about the blond praying to win the lottery over and over until finally a voice booms from the sky "Meet me halfway on this, buy a ticket!" :lol:

[:lookaroun You're not blond, are you?]

[you have a ticket.... right?]

You won't win anyway, this one's mine I tell you.... MINE! :lol:
Actually, I'm buying my ticket tomorrow... I got a free one in the last Super 7 draw so there - NYAH! :p

Nope, not blonde, although on days like today, I check for roots!! :lol:

(And I love that joke, only instead of a blond, it's a Newfie when I tell it!! :lol: )

Upvote 0

RickEff

I think I already called this in another thread. This jackpot is mine!!:wave:

Back to the thread - the most fun I have is taking new people to WDW. Especially those that really think it's just like a 6 flags. I have one friend that lives in Arizona, and she's never been to WDW with her family. They go to DL a lot, but it's so hard to convince her that it's not even close to the same.

I think I got her when I told her how big WDW was. Instead of just saying it's 47 square miles, I use the comparison that drives the point home. WDW is as big as San Francisco!!

Upvote 0

Kadee

lawyergirl77 said:

We are staying at POR the whole time! I'll probably see you on the bus!!! :lol: Save me a seat!!!:lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

summergirl32

Two years ago, we took my sister-in-law and her family. They had never been before and it was awesome to see their reactions. My sister-in-law cried when she saw the castle for the first time. They are now official Disney junkies. Nothing compares to that first experience.
I hope you have a great time!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
natalia1681 said:
I'll cheer for anyone to win as long as they are polite enough to put me up in WDW for the week!:D

Any takers?

I would gladly have done so... Sadly, I was not the lucky winner of the $30,000,000.00 prize last night :cry:

Upvote 0

luna99

Original Poster
RickEff said:
I think I already called this in another thread. This jackpot is mine!!:wave:

Back to the thread - the most fun I have is taking new people to WDW. Especially those that really think it's just like a 6 flags. I have one friend that lives in Arizona, and she's never been to WDW with her family. They go to DL a lot, but it's so hard to convince her that it's not even close to the same.

I think I got her when I told her how big WDW was. Instead of just saying it's 47 square miles, I use the comparison that drives the point home. WDW is as big as San Francisco!!
umm, wow! that is a great way to describe the size.. I guess I never realized myself that it was that big! I'll tell my boyfriend that for sure.. he was asking how big the resort was and said he figured it was much bigger than what he was imagining...thanks everyone for all the kind words.. it's so great taking a newbie to the world! I'm so excited, I want to show him everything but I know it's just not possible with our time frame... I guess we'll have to just take another trip there! ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom