I have a dilemma

redfive13

I have a trip booked for Sept at Coronado Springs. My wife and I are thinking about upgrading to a deluxe resort. Here comes the dilemma...

We will be going with a 13 month old who will be sleeping in a crib in the same room. Now we can't afford a suite, so my question is this: which resort would have the best room layout or biggest room so we can have a sleeping baby and still be able to watch tv, move about, etc?

I know it seems like a crazy question but she'll be in bed before we are and we don't want to feel like we have to sneak around the room or not be able to watch TV without waking her up.

Any help would be great!

tigsmom

I have a trip booked for Sept at Coronado Springs. My wife and I are thinking about upgrading to a deluxe resort. Here comes the dilemma...

We will be going with a 13 month old who will be sleeping in a crib in the same room. Now we can't afford a suite, so my question is this: which resort would have the best room layout or biggest room so we can have a sleeping baby and still be able to watch tv, move about, etc?

I know it seems like a crazy question but she'll be in bed before we are and we don't want to feel like we have to sneak around the room or not be able to watch TV without waking her up.

Any help would be great!

You can go with the WL which is the least expensive of the deluxes. The porta crib that you can get gratis will fit in the corner by the closet and be out of the way (we've done it before). The Poly & Contemporary have large rooms as well as the Boardwalk (those are the ones we've stayed in). We were also given a diaper genie to use, but I'm not sure if they still do that as that was in '96

Upvote 0

mickey7879

The studios at Boardwalk and Beachclub are also pretty big and would give you more room. I'm sure the same is with OKW, SSR, etc. We travel several times a month for at least one night away from home and usually stay in the same hotel chain (Courtyard by Marriott or Residence Inn) since we have the same problem. We found that most queen rooms at Courtyard are bigger so work well putting his pack and play furthest away from the tv and bathroom. At Residence Inn, we can get the gov rate and it's usually the same for a studio or one bedrom, so we just have him sleep in the living room.

We are booked at POR and are wondering if we'll run into the same problem with our 2 yr old not wanting to go to sleep. USUALLY, we end up having to hide out in the bathroom for about 15-20mins until he's fast asleep, then come back out and turn the tv on. If not, he just won't go to sleep.

Last year when my son was 15 months old, he got quite sick while we were in Orlando. We were staying a 2,000 sq ft timeshare for 2 weeks and then staying 3 nights in AS Sports. He was still sick, but we NEEDED to check out of our timeshare and hated the idea of being "stuck" in a 260 sq ft room. So, we called Disney and were able to "upgrade" to a bigger place. The cm was wonderful on telling us the sq footage of each room we were inquiring about. We ended up paying out the nose to stay in a 1 bedroom SSR. OMG the rooms were beautiful. I don't think I'd ever want to pay over $1,000 for 3 nights again, but it was nice! Our son started feeling better, so we were able to go to Disney. So, long story short, maybe call Disney and ask the sq footage of the different rooms so you can hear for yourself which room would be the biggest for the price.

Good Luck and let us know what you find out!

Upvote 0

erstwo

I think it will all depend on what kind of sleeper your baby is. My son had to be in his own room, lights off, door closed, white noise fan going or he would wake up at every little noise. If you have that kind of baby, then no matter how big the room is, they will not sleep until everything is still and quiet and remains that way. Now, DD can sleep through just about anything - light, noise, whatever. :snore:

If your little on is used to sleeping in his/ her own room with no TV going, you'll need to have a suite with a "door that closes" to put him down and then have space to move about and make noise after that.

What about the Family Suites at the All Star Music? I hear they have a separate bedroom (where you can shut the door) plus a kitchenette (very helpful with a baby!) I think they start at around $190 a night??

Another thing to consider is how late you plan to stay in the parks.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I would second the ASMusic Suites, you have a livingroom area with a couch and a large chair/ottoman and can be moved about for the pack 'n play, two bathroom, a separate Queen bedroom with it's own TV and the kitchenette with microwave and fridge, shelving, coffee pot, and paper/plasticware. Lots of room and it is a great resort. They have activites at the main pool, as well as a wading pool for the little ones. You end up in a preferred location by getting the suites as they are in the Jazz and Calypso buildings. I would suggest going to allearsnet.com and checking out the accommodations pages as they have the listings of room sizes for all the resorts and photo slide shows that will give you a good idea of the room layouts. We stayed at the ASMu Suites in March with DS (19) at the time and there was plenty of privacy and room. We will be returning there in September. We only had to share the bus one time at mid-day to the MK and there was a dance/band group there. All the teenagers were well behaved. It is well worth considering.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

The largest standard deluxe rooms are at the Contemporary and Polynesian. After that, you might consider looking into a studio at one of the DVC resorts; I think the studios at Old Key West are the largest by just a little bit. Another option is a Fort Wilderness cabin; they have a seperate bedroom from the living room, dining room, & kitchen area.

Upvote 0

smk

The largest standard deluxe rooms are at the Contemporary and Polynesian. After that, you might consider looking into a studio at one of the DVC resorts; I think the studios at Old Key West are the largest by just a little bit. Another option is a Fort Wilderness cabin; they have a seperate bedroom from the living room, dining room, & kitchen area.
The cabins at FW are very nice hotel rooms with a full kitchen and maid service. Don't be afraid about "camping" there, it is not camping. The bedroom has a queen bed and bunk beds, enough space to put the crib up and still stay in the room with the baby at night but the living room is far enough away that you could watch TV and still not disturb the baby.

Upvote 0

redfive13

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the input!!

We have decided to go with the Polyensian, mainly due to the larger rooms and the convienence of the monorail.

We always wanted to stay there!! We're more than ever.

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

Thanks for all of the input!!

We have decided to go with the Polyensian, mainly due to the larger rooms and the convienence of the monorail.

We always wanted to stay there!! We're more than ever.

You made a great choice. Although we now always stay at the CSR, the Poly is by far our favorite deluxe!

Upvote 0

redfive13

Original Poster
The cabins at FW are very nice hotel rooms with a full kitchen and maid service. Don't be afraid about "camping" there, it is not camping. The bedroom has a queen bed and bunk beds, enough space to put the crib up and still stay in the room with the baby at night but the living room is far enough away that you could watch TV and still not disturb the baby.

I thought the cabins had double beds, not queens? Am I wrong about this?

Upvote 0

JWH

We just got back from a week at CSR, and the rooms were great. We've stayed at the Contemporary previously, but really liked CSR. I don't see a noticeable size difference (I'm aware of the difference in square footage) in usable space between them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom