I Got To Ride A Segway!!!!!!!!!

webmomom

Original Poster
My DH, Daughter and Myself took the Segway Tour last Tuesday. What a blast., I want one

We first met at Guest Realtions in Epcot. We were taken to Innovations and taken into a room. We were first told to pick out a helmet that fits. Then we sere seated and watched a very short film about the Segways. The tour guide then explained to us how they worked and little tips about getting around on them. There were nine of us in this tour. We then were told to pick a Segway. There were four tour guides in the room to help us. First we had to learn to stand on one. Not as easy as you would think. Then we had to make them move forward and then backwards and then turn them right and then left. Then they put cones on the floor and we had to go around the cones, then in and out of the cones. Once we all had conquered this there is a ramp in the room and we had to learn how to go up and down the ramp. They also set up an obstacle in the room and we had to learn how to handle that. Once we learn all of this we were on our way out. They take you out through the people over to Mexico. then they start having you go different places in the different lands. Outside of China they have a roped off area where you can do whatever you want. Then it is off to the remaining countires. when you are done you go acrose the brigde between France and England through all of the people. We were a great moving adverisetment of this tour. At the very end of the tour they give you a special pin.

Would I spend the money and do this again. YES YES YES:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc I will say this, none of us realized how much leg power it takes and our legs when we got off, were really tired. We are going back in Nov and I will make PS for this again. It is great

MotoDisney

Sounds great. I have been contemplating doing this tour and sound like I want to sign up for it now. How old is your daughter? Do you happen to know the minimum age? Thanks! We are bringing our daughter in September and this might make for a great tour.

Testtrack321

Welcome to the club! I havn't done the tour yet, but I have ridden an Segway four times. Yes, I want one, yes they are VERY COOL. :sohappy:

webmomom

Original Poster
I really don't remember the exact cost, but I think around $60.00, but I got a discount. Either with annual passholder or dvc I am not sure. You must be 18 to ride. the total time is 2 hours. It is from 9 am to 11am. It is so much fun. My daughter is 35. Go and do it. If I can ride one anyone can. Once you calm down after the intitial start, it goes really easy.

Pixie Duster

ROUND THE WORLD AT EPCOT
Challenge yourself "around the world" at Epcot where you will experience first hand a Segway Human Transporter. You will receive helmets and a product overview before you experience an outdoor ride through World Showcase.

Location and Time: Daily at 9:00am. Tour starts at the Guest Relations Lobby just inside the Main Entrance at Epcot to the left of Spaceship Earth. Guests should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time.

Cost: $80.00 (Theme park admission is required.)

Duration: 2 hours

Restrictions: Guests must be at least 16 years old and must weigh 250 pounds or less to participate. The signature of a parent or legal guardian is required for participants under 18 years of age. Riders should be in good health and able to stand for the duration of the tour.

Discounts:

AAA, Disney Visa Cardholder, Disney Vacation Club & Annual Passholders get a 15% discount.
Packages: None

For additional information and reservations call 407-WDW-TOUR (407-939-8687)

All prices include tax.
Program itinerary, content and prices are subject to change without notice.

KevinPage

I was able to ride them in Celebration when they gave free demonstration last year. Granted the area you could ride them in was small, but it was FREE.

I loved it, the wife could care less though, it does nothing for her. She calls it the Lazy Machine :lol:

I could think of alot better uses for $5,000.00 myself :)

Testtrack321

KevinPage said:
I was able to ride them in Celebration when they gave free demonstration last year. Granted the area you could ride them in was small, but it was FREE.

I loved it, the wife could care less though, it does nothing for her. She calls it the Lazy Machine :lol:

I could think of alot better uses for $5,000.00 myself :)

It dropped down $500 in price, but that's not saying much. :hammer:

twirl2378

Oh dude that sounds like such fun for people who don't have enough for a segway (I.e., me) and want to test one out in the coolest place ever (wdw). I think I have to drag a family member with me to Disney soon so I can make fun of one of them trying to use it :drevil: :D . lol So did you guys just ride it or did they teach you tricks when you got to that roped off place in China? :confused: :)

webmomom

Original Poster
twirl2378 said:
Oh dude that sounds like such fun for people who don't have enough for a segway (I.e., me) and want to test one out in the coolest place ever (wdw). I think I have to drag a family member with me to Disney soon so I can make fun of one of them trying to use it :drevil: :D . lol So did you guys just ride it or did they teach you tricks when you got to that roped off place in China? :confused: :)

No trick riding, just regualr riding. When you are in the roped off area they will take picture of your riding, if you have bought you own camera. You can ride or if you like you can get off for a while. About half of our group got off, and the other half stay on riding. I keep on riding.

Another thing that was cool was, when we were riding back through the people hearing the comments like, how do they get to ride them?, that's looks cool, one person I heard say they cost $20,000.00. We were told if anyone asked us questions to referr them to the tour guides. It was really cool looking at people and seeing the expressions on their faces; like who are they. I would tell anyone to try. They are not hard to learn I told the tour guides that my husband and I were good advertisiment for them showing that not only that young people can do this seniors can as well.

Testtrack321; saidI could think of alot better uses for $5,000.00 myself

As an asthmaic I would pay the price. The walking everyday at Disney sometoimes nearly kills me, and this would be a great way to get around without asking someone to push me and not having to get one of those EVC that are so large and hard to control.

GaryT977

Just curious... Do they leave the training key in during the tour, or can you go full speed?

For some reason I thought the tour was done before the park opens. That must be alot of fun to be able to weave your way through the (jealous) crowd.

For those who are interested, there are two Segway models, and they go for $3899 and $4399. If you ever get the chance to drive one, do it. It takes a little practice to get your balance, but they're an absolute blast to drive.

webmomom

Original Poster
All I know is there was a key to start the segway with and each on had one. You could go fast on them, but the tour guides were right there to slow you down.

the tour starts at 9am at inaventions. Actually if you have been therre during the flower and garden show, where they have the vendors is a small room that they display art work. That is the room that you are in. then around 10 they take you to the lands. Now that area is closed to the public. Then at 11 as I stated they bring you back through the people.

Besides the fact that the people were looking at us like "who are these people", is was nice to be able to use them in a natural setting. All the other times it was in the class room, or back in WS going through walkways and around things and there were no one else except us there., To be able to actually handle them amoust people and see how great there are was wonderful. We are going back to WDW in NOv and I am going to sign up again to do it. I personally did not think I would be able to do it, as I am not a physicla type of person, but If I can do it, Anyone can do it. Also there is a weight restriction. You cannot be over 250 lbs.

MotoDisney

How far in advance did you need to make the reservation and did you have any problems getting one for the day you wanted? Great Thread!

Moto

webmomom

Original Poster
I called about a month and a half before our trip. No I did not have any problems with a date. I was pretty open on the exact day of the week.

ritchie56

We have reservations for August and Disney called today to change the time. At least for our date, we now must be there at 8:15 instead of 8:45. I have no idea why, and my husband who was the one to answer the phone, didn't ask. Anybody else get a call--or have a clue? I'm wondering if maybe they are thinking of opening World Showcase a bit earlier this summer and need the Segway tour folks out of there.

GaryT977

I finally got to drive one of the big ones without the training key today! :sohappy:

Man, that thing is fun! I'm still having a hard time opening doors while riding, tho. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom