I got a "fake" PIN discount in the mail

Hot Lava

Yesterday's mail had an envelope from Disney. Right on the front in large font, highlighted in yellow, is a PIN #. Open it up and it is just for free dining. Although it is for dates up through 12/22.

Makes me sad that Disney now is using this coveted discount to try to trick people now.

Nemo14

For those of you so convinced that I posted this to be snarky or nasty:

MEA CULPA, MEA CULPA, MEA MAXIMA CULPA!!

Is that enough contrition?

I made a mistake that this was yet another of Disney's fake PINs. They are out there and I have already received several.

I don't share the love of the free DDP as do so many of you. It doesn't work for me, or a lot of people. I don't know why people get so upset about those of us who do not see the free DDP as the same deal that you do.

If you believe I am ungrateful, I guess you can pray to the Disney gods that I never receive any more PINs, if that helps you feel better. Perhaps you can feel grateful your trip is not being taken under the circumstances mine is. I am happy to be going at all, and hoping all members of my party are able to make it then as well.

Kind of over-reacting a bit, don't you think? We understand that you didn't get the pin you wanted, and that Disney lately has issued "PINS" that were just an offer that's already out there. You apologized for your mistake, which was very gracious of you, so just let it go. No one is out to get you, honest.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

Original Poster
Kind of over-reacting a bit, don't you think? We understand that you didn't get the pin you wanted, and that Disney lately has issued "PINS" that were just an offer that's already out there. You apologized for your mistake, which was very gracious of you, so just let it go. No one is out to get you, honest.

It is my opinion that a lot of others were overreacting; especially after I realized my mistake.

My post had nothing to do with getting a PIN I wanted. I expect that never to happen for me (or at a time I could use it). Only that I thought Disney was once again sending out fakes. But then I get lambasted and deemed ungrateful b/c I don't appreciate the free DDP enough for some people.

Upvote 0

luv

After many years, a gazillion trips and much boo-hooing over never receiving a pin code, I finally got one in my email...

...because I ordered a bunch of stuff for my nephews and used my email to send it to them!!! It came to Sam andCooke-Smith instead of Luv Screwed-Again. ;) :)

I did not start a thread, but was a bit disappointed that my nephews got a pin and I didn't. I've spent a smidge more money than they have. So far it's nephews $0.00, luv $2much.01

But luv gets no pin code. Yet!! (Still hoping!)

Upvote 0

disneycouple07

I received the same pin in the mail. Our original dates were not included and we are flexible in our planning so I called Disney and gave the CM all the info. By moving our dates, they did not have a room available for that particular pin code. It's disappointing but we're still going on as planned.

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

Please actually read the posts re: Disney's current use of PINs. A PIN is no guarantee that it is a discount unavailable to the general public - NOT ANYMORE. I do not know how this could be more clear. As to your last sentence, please do not apply your inability or unwillingness to follow the rules of logic to me.

Wow.....be a little more condescending. Just because the PIN doesn't appeal to you certainly doesn't make it fake. FYI, free DDP isn't available to the general public for the dates that are offered in this PIN (I know b/c we received it as well).

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Yesterday's mail had an envelope from Disney. Right on the front in large font, highlighted in yellow, is a PIN #. Open it up and it is just for free dining. Although it is for dates up through 12/22.

Makes me sad that Disney now is using this coveted discount to try to trick people now.
It's that you call the PIN you got "fake", like Disney is trying to scam people.
Sorry everyone didn't agree with you, but you need to calm down.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

I'll take one for the team and ever-so-reluctantly take a fake PIN for free dining since others are bothered by it.....and save about 1,800 real dollars off my next trip...unfortunately the fake gods haven't smiled, I mean cursed me with such hardship!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom