"I don't think the imagination pavilion works anymore." - Tony Baxter

Axle1986

Original Poster
"I don't think the Imagination pavilion works anymore. I'm going to be forthright about that. I think the difference we had between Figment and Dreamfinder, representing knowledge and the unbridled enthusiasm of a child, was very clear to people. It spoke and it resonated. They've tried to bring Figment back, bit it's like having a comedian play against a comedian, with Nigel Channing. It's like Hardy and Hardy instead of Laurel and Hardy. You've got to have a good play between the characters, and I think people go through there and they don't understand what it's about. All of us go through this imagination process, and I thought that was an extraordinary topic to handle and put out there, and it kind of skirts the issue of what it is today."

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201211/3265/

An understatement, but it is refreshing hearing something bluntly honest for once.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yay! It only took 15 years for an employee to publicly state that something wasnt working correctly. At this rate things should be fixed by 2027. Oh, wait,.....he only acknowledged it, didn't say something was being done about it. Oh well, hopefully when I'm 70 years old they will have it all worked out and bionic legs will be available so i can still enjoy the parks.

DisneyLeo18

My apologies if I'm wrong since I don't know the context, but when I first read the title I thought "works" as in it is a bad idea.

Not literally not functioning. Hope I'm wrong actually...

Goofyernmost

Yay! It only took 15 years for an employee to publicly state that something wasnt working correctly. At this rate things should be fixed by 2027. Oh, wait,.....he only acknowledged it, didn't say something was being done about it. Oh well, hopefully when I'm 70 years old they will have it all worked out and bionic legs will be available so i can still enjoy the parks.

I'll only be 80...I'm sure I'll enjoy the fix.

pipenut

"I don't think the imagination pavilion works anymore." - Tony Baxter, today at IAPPA.

In other news, a few other Disney World attractions need help.

Sure Maelstrom needs a "cleaning," the Yeti is "almost working," and half of SSE is missing "a little something", but it's about time someone else "doesn't think the imagination pavillion works anymore." I mean, that's gotta stop! ;)

Goofyernmost

My apologies if I'm wrong since I don't know the context, but when I first read the title I thought "works" as in it is a bad idea.

Not literally not functioning. Hope I'm wrong actually...

The reason why Imagination Pavilion isn't working is because Disney has lost it's base of talent that actually had imagination. That were able to see things that others didn't realize that they saw and point it out to us in an interesting and different way. So in that sense, he is correct, if that is what he meant by it.

Either way...it is true. It either isn't working in it's present form or it can never work because no one knows how to make it work. Both are probably true, sadly!:(

Admiral01

Premium Member
This might be the same thing that was said earlier. There are two ways to interpret this:
1) The current ride is no good
2) The concept of a ride based on imagination is no good

Baxter is talking about the current version of the ride, right?

HM GhostHostess

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

yoyoflamingo

Here's the full context from Theme Park Insider:

"I don't think the Imagination pavilion works anymore. I'm going to be forthright about that. I think the difference we had between Figment and Dreamfinder, representing knowledge and the unbridled enthusiasm of a child, was very clear to people. It spoke and it resonated. They've tried to bring Figment back, bit it's like having a comedi
an play against a comedian, with Nigel Channing. It's like Hardy and Hardy instead of Laurel and Hardy. You've got to have a good play between the characters, and I think people go through there and they don't understand what it's about. All of us go through this imagination process, and I thought that was an extraordinary topic to handle and put out there, and it kind of skirts the issue of what it is today."

Admiral01

Premium Member
So, what he is saying is that the current version isn't good, the original version was good, and that the imagination process leads to an extraordinary topic.

Pixiedustmaker

So let's see - someone whom we respect finally agrees with us, and we slam him for it. Are we part of the solution or part of the problem here?

I think it is more a case of convergence of opinions, rather than Tony agreeing with folks on this message board. Does Tony Baxter anonymously cruise this board or even know of this conversation? I kind of doubt it. Meaning, we aren't part of the solution or the problem, but peripheral to all of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom