I don't need the fries

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Stopped by the American Pavilion last week for a bite to eat and asked for cheeseburger with no fries or apples - just the sandwich. Cast member informed me that I have to take the fries/apples. I told her I didn't want them but she said they don't sell the sandwich without fries. I can order it but they will charge for the fries even if I don't get them. Is this a change in policy? I have been buying lunch without fries for years. Any thoughts on this?

Or it could have just been that the CM in question didn’t know how to key in just a burger. I live in a country where we have lots of coins; was paying cash for something and gave a large bill plus coins, so that I’d get back only bills. The cashier said I wasn’t allowed to do so. I told her yes I was. Luckily a manager came over and showed her how to key in the amount I gave. She was shocked - she had no idea this was possible! 😂

UncleMike101

Or it could have just been that the CM in question didn’t know how to key in just a burger. I live in a country where we have lots of coins; was paying cash for something and gave a large bill plus coins, so that I’d get back only bills. The cashier said I wasn’t allowed to do so. I told her yes I was. Luckily a manager came over and showed her how to key in the amount I gave. She was shocked - she had no idea this was possible! 😂
I'm afraid that this type of thing happens fairly often in the U.S.
My last incident was at a grocery store.
My bill was $8.50.
Since I already had a pocket jammed with change I gave the young lady a $10.00 bill and two quarters.
She looked at me as if I'd just told her I was from Mars.
She called another cashier over to tell her how to ring up the transaction.
The second cashier pulled out a calculator and after punching in the numbers told the young lady to give me two one dollar bills and they'd reconcile her drawer at the end of her shift.
I left the store shaking my head.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
My bill was $8.50.
Since I already had a pocket jammed with change I gave the young lady a $10.00 bill and two quarters.
The second cashier pulled out a calculator and after punching in the numbers told the young lady to give me two one dollar bills and they'd reconcile her drawer at the end of her shift.
I call this “fun with cash.”

Sadly the blank looks and unsuccessful attempts to do mental math are more often the norm than not these days.

yedliW

My bill was $8.50.

Then there are all the stories of people paying with $2 bills..

docdebbi

I call this “fun with cash.”

Sadly the blank looks and unsuccessful attempts to do mental math are more often the norm than not these days.

Reminds me of a trip I made to McDonald's a couple years ago.
I ordered one Egg McMuffin. Just that. The lady said "well, right now they are 2 for $2.00"

No, I said, I only need one.
That will be $2.39.
Wait......you're charging me 39 cents to NOT TAKE the extra sandwich.
Yes,, there's a special at 2 for $2.00. But one would be $2.39.

Ok, I said, how about I TELL you I want 2 sandwiches, you only charge me the $2.00 and you only hand me one of the sandwiches?

OMG, she was dumbfounded. She had no idea why I was saying this. She had no idea what to do?
She called help over....I finally gave up and gave her the 39 cents.

disneyfireman

My bill was $8.50.
lol common core math at its best.

westie

I ordered one Egg McMuffin. Just that. The lady said "well, right now they are 2 for $2.00"

That will be $2.39.

Ok, I said, how about I TELL you I want 2 sandwiches, you only charge me the $2.00 and you only hand me one of the sandwiches?

OMG, she was dumbfounded. She had no idea why I was saying this. She had no idea what to do?

At Weinerschnitzel if you order 3 chili dogs its 6-something yet if you order 5 its 5 bucks. I go for the deal and make a couple co-workers happy. Just pay it forward. Minimum wagers aren't paid to think.

mmnw

That will be $2.39.

With all due respect, I think I’d pay the $2.00. Take the 2 sandwiches. Turned right around and offer the sandwich to the person behind me while the employee could see.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

That will be $2.39.

Why make life more difficult? Buy the two, and give one to the first homeless person you see. If you don't see one, then (a) it's a snack for later, or (b) feed the birds, tuppence a bag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom