I Don't Get It...

duchess1576

I'm currently working on my itinerary and I noticed something funny.

The night we're scheduled to be at Magic Kingdom, it says the park closes at 9:00 but the Wishes Nighttime Spectacular starts at 9:00!

Same with Epcot, park closes at 9:00 but Illuminations starts at 9:00!

And, yes, at MGM also, park closes at 8:30 yet Fantasmic starts at 8:30.

I am thoroughly and utterly confused.

jesserin

Easy: Rides close (although not exactly at park close - but soon after) - fireworks go on at park close... some shops at all locations will stay open - but expect most dining establishements to close with the rides...

Upvote 0

jesserin

yep - but not so much b/c of the sun - more b/c of the fact that the parks are open so much later b/c of the large crowds! But I'm sure the sun has something to do with it :D Sometimes Wishes will show as late as 11pm!

In the winter the parks are dark for 3-4 hours before the fireworks... so your days feel so much shorter - you go to dinner at 5:30 and by the time your finished the park is dark!

Upvote 0

jesserin

Yes you'll have a Times Guide for each park that covers all the times of the parades and fireworks for each day of your trip.

Also - you can look online 90 days in advance and you'll be able to see the park hours, fireworks, parades and more! Just go to disneyworld.com and click on calendar - right below the little intro thing...

Upvote 0

Atta83

Usually Illuminations always plays at 9 p.m. You can check the WDW web site to find out times of shows fireworks and parades. Also when it says the park closes at 9 it does in a way, no one else is allowed in the park after 9.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Atta83 said:
Usually Illuminations always plays at 9 p.m. You can check the WDW web site to find out times of shows fireworks and parades. Also when it says the park closes at 9 it does in a way, no one else is allowed in the park after 9.
No one's let into parks, let into rides, let into restaurants.

If you're in line or in a restaurant you can finish.

The only things that stay open are usually the big stores in the parks (Emporium complex, MouseGears, MGM main street, etc).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom