I dont believe this!!!!!!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
For years now people have wanted Epcot to make all the Future World attractions futureistic again. They transform Test Track into an origional Epcot themes attraction and now you look on youtube and theres so much hate towards the new vershion. Its a thrill ride, not Horizons, if Test Track were built in the 80s I am willing to bet this is what it would be like and everyone would hate the previous vershion.

FettFan

For years now people have wanted Epcot to make all the Future World attractions futureistic again. They transform Test Track into an origional Epcot themes attraction and now you look on youtube and theres so much hate towards the new vershion. Its a thrill ride, not Horizons, if Test Track were built in the 80s I am willing to bet this is what it would be like and everyone would hate the previous vershion.

There's a difference between "being futuristic" and "throwing all creativity and imagination out the window because TRON looks cool". (and don't give me that "it's not TRON", because everything from the track's "Game Grid" design to the fact that you are driving through sets of Identity Discs....and the "coincidence" that shortly after TT soft-opened, it was announced that Tron 3 had been greenlit and was in the writing stages)

Test Track 2.0 is weak. Perhaps 2.1 will be better, especially once they remove those video game "design your own car for a few minutes til the loading queue shortens a bit" stations.

EDIT -- Basically Test Track 2.0 is like The Phantom Menace for me.
I LOVE the original, and was THRILLED that they were going to update and expand it.

Then I saw it on YouTube.
2ad77111_star-wars-phantom-menace-obi-wan-3d-no.jpeg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well, seeing the poll from the thread I posted, about 80% of the people PREFER the new version, and its clear why. The old Test Track was a grade C...acceptable but nothing special or unique....this is much closer to a B+, not perfect, but so much cooler.

luv

I haven't watched You Tube or looked atoms anywhere. IMO waiting to see it for myself.

I really liked the original TT quite a lot. When I heard they were making TRON Track, I was very disappointed. I think I've done my grieving for the old one. I am ready to ride a new ride there.

But it needs to be new! And it needs to be good!

I hope the new one is creative and unique and won't have me saying, "I miss the old one!" I am doing my best to go into this ready to accept the new ride.

WDWNooby

I have not watched any videos (only looked at a few pictures) and have pretty much ignored comments about this and that...I am reserving judgement until I ride the ride later this week. I myself am sure it will be nothing less than fun. For some I'm sure it will never be perfect. For me, the joy of being at Disney and enjoying all that it has to offer is what it's all about, "perfect" or not.

Clyde

I have not watched any videos (only looked at a few pictures) and have pretty much ignored comments about this and that...I am reserving judgement until I ride the ride later this week. I myself am sure it will be nothing less than fun. For some I'm sure it will never be perfect. For me, the joy of being at Disney and enjoying all that it has to offer is what it's all about, "perfect" or not.
I'll be riding it this weekend coming and I'll give you guys the real. I loved the original, but thought to myself last year, while it was still cool, it felt tired to me. I'll be sure to report back next week.

G00fyDad

I really wish more people had that attitude instead of picking apart every square inch of Disney down to the last nut and bolt. From what I have seen of TT2, I do not like it, but that is not going to make me gripe about it and not go to WDW.

CP_alum08

I haven't seen any of these videos you're talking about, but I can assume they were done by "fans" which is really what I don't understand. How can you be a huge fan of something yet hate everything that something does?

My GF and I really enjoyed the old TT so I imagine we'll like the new version, but I'll let you know in a week:)

heliumalias

I'm currently in a love/hate relationship with the new test track. There are certainly A LOT of improvements. In particular to the queue area and post show. The ride itself occasionally didn't make sense though. It said that it was testing something (ie mixed terrain) but there was no sign of the thing being tested which just came across as odd. I love the idea that you're testing your own car but certainly when I rode the cars didn't match the ones we'd designed which does seem to defeat the object. I felt like a little more verbal direction in the queue area would have been beneficial because a lot of people didn't really seem to understand what was going on.

G00fyDad

I'm the type of person that sometimes loves the pre-show elements of a ride and other times I just want to get on the ride. I hate being stuck in a show element when I don't want to be. Maelstrom is a perfect example. I rode this once back in 2005. Only once. Because I got stuck in the post show video and wanted to chew my arm off if it would have gotten me out of there. I would have preferred that they hold all of this pre-show stuff for TT2 as a post show element that you could opt out of. If they really wanted to make this "techie" then they should have come up with an app that allows you to log in to TT2, create a car, scan an NFC barcode show that you are about to ride a particular car, then let TT2 upload your car's data at the end to your phone. This would eliminate the pre-show junk and hold ups.

Thrill Seeker

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I love the new Test Track. The queue, design process, ride itself and post show are all awesome! The original I rode because the ride was fun. The new one I ride because I want to beat my previous design score, use my design in the post show, the ride is fun and it looks amazing!

G00fyDad

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I love the new Test Track. The queue, design process, ride itself and post show are all awesome! The original I rode because the ride was fun. The new one I ride because I want to beat my previous design score, use my design in the post show, the ride is fun and it looks amazing!

See, I doubt that I will like this new TT based on what I have seen so far, but it is nice to see those that do enjoy it. At least I can say that Disney did not flop this one even if I do not like it. ;)

jonesenon4

If as some of you are saying you dislike the ride before you even see or ride it you have predetermined not to like it even if its great. Some people on these boards are going to complain regardless of what disney does just for the sake of complaining . All i'm saying is give it a chance before you start bashing it , if you go in with an open mind who knows you might even like it instead of looking for faults.I will give my after ride report friday and am very excited to see the new design ,it was a great ride before and i'm sure it will still be fun.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
In my opinion the new Test Track fits perfectly in Future World; far better than the old version. I can imagine that Chevy would want to update it if they are doing the kind of futuristic things as in the pre-show. The new pre-show is gorgeous and I also very much liked the things after the ride (although most of the things were broken last week).

I've only been on the new Test Track once (and a lot of things were broken, so maybe I will like it better when things work), but I think the old version was much better at showing the different tests and what is going to happen. Everything is so dark now, you can't see you're going over bumps, or going through a hot/cold room, and it's hard to see the road. Then suddenly the door opens to the outside track and all the neon lights are gone, and you're looking at some old grey buildings again. I thought this was very strange.

I am very happy that something was done at Epcot and I wish that all pavilions would get an update like this, but making a gorgeous pre-show and after-show and simply making the ride itself dark with a few neon lights seems very odd to me.

blueboxdoctor

Well, I'll be riding it shortly, but hearing it has a Tron feel is kind of annoying, as I can't stand either of the Tron movies. The whole make your own car sounds like an annoying gimmick like the design your own travel/vacation for Spaceship Earth (come on, take the sheets down and let the descent be more interesting).

Regardless, I'll hold judgement until I get to ride it. If only they had Jeremy Clarkson have a say in it, it would be the most explosion filled ride in all of WDW (and also the most pro-British attraction).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom