I deserve a break today...

motherhamv

I get through the "day to day" stuff by thinking about my Disney trip. I am almost to the point of counting it down on my calander, and I started planning the next one. This year we do not want to do a theme park {had seasonal passes last year, and burnt out on the parks}, but we want to do the water parks for a change. I have always enjoyed Hotel hoping, sometimes it can be very relaxing. :D Does anyone else enjoy a day/afternoon of hotel hoping??? What hotels are you favorite to visit???

Ariel

I LOVE hotel hopping! That can be so much fun!! The Polynesian is one of my favorites because it really feels like you're in Hawaii, there are so many cool places to sit and relax, and I just love Ohana! The Wilderness Lodge is also great, and the whole Yacht/Beach/Boradwalk area is cool. I think you could spend a whole day there alone. It's really a great thing to do because that way you'll know if you ever want to stay at a particular hotel the next time you go. I'm also partial to Old Port Royale at the Carribbean Hotel. That's such a lively area.

Upvote 0

Tramp

We don't do a formal afternoon of hotel hopping. Our visits to hotels are very spontaneous....usually as we drive by we'll pull in and check it out if we have nothing else to do.

We use to spend a few days on those great Florida beaches to avoid 'burn out' but now we just force ourselves to stay away from the parks every third day or so and spend the day relaxing in the pool or doing 'whatever." :)

Upvote 0
Hotel hopping is loads of fun!:D We normally spend our morning and evenings in the park, but we always escape during the lunch period and go hotel hopping. Our favorite is the Wilderness Lodge, although from what we've heard it may have some competition from AK Lodge. We'll find out soon enough - only 102 days till our next visit!

Upvote 0

Kontra

We always take a day to relax and hop around to the different hotels. My faves are the same as Ariels. I also like to get a view of the hotels from a mouse boat and putter around the 7 Seas Lagoon for a while. Port Orleans Riverside also has a great theme to it and the pontoon over to DTD is enjoyable. Pleasant things like hotel hopping really can make an enjoyable Disney experience without going broke spending every day at the parks. See it all.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Our favorite is the Wilderness Lodge, although from what we've heard it may have some competition from AK Lodge.

Just a little FYI, at this time they are not letting you into the Animal Kingdom Lodge without a room or restaurant reservation. The vehicle traffic going in and out of that resort in horrendous right now even with those restrictions. I can kind of understand why they are limiting it though since part of what you are paying for there is the animals, it isn't really fair for to have to deal with tons of resort hoppers who are there for free, grazing around the open viewing areas outside the rooms. If you want to check out that resort, you need to make reservations for the restaurant. Unless I'm mistaken they also require a credit card # at the time the reservation is made so don't think about reserving to get in and then pulling a no-show at the restaurant. Seems Disney is getting wise to the ways of us sneaky people ')

Upvote 0

faithful

I have read on another forum that WDW has started checking for hotel ids at pools periodically so you may want to be careful if your hotel hopping includes pool jumping. The pools that I love BEST though will always be the Yacht and Beach Club as well as Boardwalk. (And I was pool hopping:D ) You only get to use the pool at your WDW resort. We like visiting the nice restaurants at the resorts for dinner then walking around for a sight see. We love o'hana's (Polynesian), Cape May's (Beach Club) and Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge.)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by faithful
I have read on another forum that WDW has started checking for hotel ids at pools periodically so you may want to be careful if your hotel hopping includes pool jumping. The pools that I love BEST though will always be the Yacht and Beach Club as well as Boardwalk. (And I was pool hopping:D ) You only get to use the pool at your WDW resort. We like visiting the nice restaurants at the resorts for dinner then walking around for a sight see. We love o'hana's (Polynesian), Cape May's (Beach Club) and Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge.)

We pretty much just drive around and look at the hotel and I could never get enough of th parks. 34 more dayssssssss

Upvote 0

faithful

I read somewhere that you cannot even go to Animal Kingdom lodge withough a hotel or dining reservation. Too many skipping the park for the free animal exhibit at the hotel?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom