I can walk faster than you in the line so...

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
does that mean I can cut in front of you???
So my 18 yo daughter and I went to the single rider line at Aerosmith today and we just entered the line and a 40ish yo guy took my daughter by the shoulders and shoved her to the side when she was walking and then he proceeded to walk really fast in the line.
We met up with him before the show and I wanted to say something (especially about him shoving her) but didn't.
Is it right to cut in front of others in the line just because you can walk faster??We were in no way walking slow. Love to hear your thoughts on this.

Chef Mickey

It's poor decorum, but not a big enough deal to make a big deal and it really won't change your wait time. I find so many situations at Disney and in every day life where I know I'm "right," but you can't start a fight with everyone doing something stupid or unfair or you'll be fighting all the time.

I just let it go because the last thing I sent is to get kicked out of Disney for kicking someone's . Some of these people are crazy and you don't know what they'll do in a confrontation.

If it's someone really messing things up or doing something major, I'll say something.

mousehockey37

does that mean I can cut in front of you???
So my 18 yo daughter and I went to the single rider line at Aerosmith today and we just entered the line and a 40ish yo guy took my daughter by the shoulders and shoved her to the side when she was walking and then he proceeded to walk really fast in the line.
We met up with him before the show and I wanted to say something (especially about him shoving her) but didn't.
Is it right to cut in front of others in the line just because you can walk faster??We were in no way walking slow. Love to hear your thoughts on this.

In this specific case, since you caught up to him before the ride started I would've just casually said something like "big man, pushing a girl out of the way to be a couple people ahead to wait for a ride, are you proud of yourself for that?" and just kept on going.

OR

I would've caught up to him, pulled him by the shoulders to the side and said "thanks for holding our place and by the way, you can apologize to my daughter whom you shoved out of the way" and I would've gotten security or CMs to handle it from there, because there's no reason for that kind of behavior. Everyone will get a turn. If you don't get the seat you want, wait for the next set of cars and tell the CM where you want to sit, they'll more than likely help you out.

Tom

Beta Return
The fact that he touched your daughter was reason enough to confront him.

But you haven't provided enough detail for me to pass judgement on the situation. For example, if I'm at the airport and decide to stand still on the escalator or moving sidewalk, I fully expect someone to pass me on the left if they need to get there faster. Same goes for exiting Space Mountain.

However, on the flip side, I wouldn't approve of someone running past me up the speedramp to board TTA.

If I'm in a standard queue, and I'm walking very slowly, looking at the scenery and taking my sweet time (with nobody in front of me as far as the eye can see), I would have no issue with someone walking past me to board the ride sooner. Granted they may NOT touch me or anyone in my party, in any way, shape or form. They can say excuse me, and we'll step aside....but there will be NO grabbing of someone's shoulder. That would not end well, as I would get pretty mad, pretty quickly.

Chef Mickey

It's poor decorum, but not a big enough deal to make a big deal and it really won't change your wait time. I find so many situations at Disney and in every day life where I know I'm "right," but you can't start a fight with everyone doing something stupid or unfair or you'll be fighting all the time.

I just let it go because the last thing I sent is to get kicked out of Disney for kicking someone's . Some of these people are crazy and you don't know what they'll do in a confrontation.

If it's someone really messing things up or doing something major, I'll say something.
I didn't see the fact he touched your child. I don't have kids, but if I did,I would have knocked the guy out. Straight up.

I'm 6'4 and would like to see someone try that with me standing right next to my kids. Good luck to them if they did.

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
You handled it much better than I would have. I won't tolerate anyone touching my kids in any manner. I would stop just short of being thrown off property.
Yes, my husband would have said something, but I was afraid of what would happen so I tried really hard not to. My daughter definitely didn't think it was appropriate unfortunately.

Chef Mickey

Yes, my husband would have said something, but I was afraid of what would happen so I tried really hard not to. My daughter definitely didn't think it was appropriate unfortunately.
Oh, you're a woman? Sucks how some stupid men take advantage of those situations. Bet he wouldn't have pulled that if I were standing there with my wife and kids or your husband were with you.

mousehockey37

We were definitely in line. The single rider line always is pretty empty until you get right before the show.

This is why when I'm in the lines, walking through the queue and whatnot, I'm walking dead center with arms on the rails. That or my DGF and I walk side by side and heaven help the person that tries to get by me.

Last time I was in Disney, I had a "group" meet up with their "family" as we were just about to head back to see Mickey at the Town Sq. Theater. Yea, you can bet that they tried to "No habla Ingles card..." which I shot down quick, as they were fluent English speakers, lol.. CMs were there in seconds...

The funny part was the lady behind me who agreed with them, as she held the line while her husband kept running in and out, in and out, in and out of the queue... You could see others were happy that someone said something and I was shocked when the CMs let the cut be allowed, but oh well... My voice was heard.

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We were definitely in line. The single rider line always is pretty empty until you get right before the show.
It was just a thought....if there is no line then where does the line start? At the sidewalk outside the attraction? in the area where the line might start if there was a huge crowd? At the point where people are lined up behind each other? Where do you draw the line?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom