I believe tickets expiration dates are changing right now?

Hcalvert

Wait. You got a partial refund and renewed? How did you calculate what your refund would be? And did the CM confirm that amount?
No, I haven't gotten a partial refund yet nor a set amount from Disney as everyone is different depending on if and when their passes expired. I took how many days the parks have been closed during my pass validity (115 days from March 16-July 8) and divided by 365, which is 31.5% (or 0.315) of the valid dates. I then took that percentage and multiplied it by the amount I paid for the pass $1195 ($1272.68 with tax) and got $400.89 (with tax included). I am interested to see what Disney offers as a refund as I have a Platinum with no blockout dates. Based on how I figured out my refund, Disney does not owe me anything extra for my current AP even if the parks were to not open up on July 11. As for the renewal, I did that over the phone so that I could use multiple Disney gift cards I have received from cancelled After Hours events (4 total for about $1500 and other gift cards from my cancelled March & June trips that I already had as well). I also signed up to receive the AP refund via Disney gift card(s) as I no longer have the Disney Visa that I used to pay for the original AP and the account is closed.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard if military tickets will be extended? My son-in-law had purchased MYW tickets with Park Hopper for a trip we had originally planned for May, and they are set to expire 12/18/2020. We are currently rescheduled to go in October, but are waiting to see what the park experience will be like closer to that date. I would think they would extend these tickets as well, but as of right now the app shows the original 2020 expiration.

DCBaker

Premium Member
They finally updated the website to reflect the changes -

"Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with usage window impacted by park closure, or date-specific theme park tickets purchased through June 6, 2020 with a valid use period beginning March 12, 2020 or later, will automatically be extended to use any date through September 26, 2021. If you are unable to visit by September 26, 2021, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date."

flyakite

I broke down and renewed my annual that expires on 6/29. I was worried that I would appear ”expired” after that date, prior to any posted extension and then not qualify for a park reservation without a ticket. I did a “chat” with a cast member online who stated that my future extension will apply to my new pass.

Hcalvert

I broke down and renewed my annual that expires on 6/29. I was worried that I would appear ”expired” after that date, prior to any posted extension and then not qualify for a park reservation without a ticket. I did a “chat” with a cast member online who stated that my future extension will apply to my new pass.
Quick question. I have never renewed an AP before, but I did this time since I had the same worries as you. What does it look like in MDE? Mine just says renewal certificate valid until 2030. Is this because I have to activate it at a park? My original AP was an upgrade from a package with tickets already paid for and we went into MK right after getting it, so I never saw it in the account beforehand and have a sneaking suspicion that it looked the same in MDE before activation. I decided against the extension and asked for a partial refund on the other AP. Thanks.

disneygeek90

Quick question. I have never renewed an AP before, but I did this time since I had the same worries as you. What does it look like in MDE? Mine just says renewal certificate valid until 2030. Is this because I have to activate it at a park? My original AP was an upgrade from a package with tickets already paid for and we went into MK right after getting it, so I never saw it in the account beforehand and have a sneaking suspicion that it looked the same in MDE before activation. I decided against the extension and asked for a partial refund on the other AP. Thanks.
You shouldn't actually have to activate anything at the park. You would theoretically just be able to walk right up to the tap point on day 1 of your new pass.

I think once your current pass "expires," the new one should just kind of take over. But it may not update until your old one is cleared out.

This is coming from a FL resident so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

flyakite

I usually renew at the park since I live close enough. So my first time renewing online. The cast member told me that it is seamless and begins immediately once the other expires.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Mine is an AP Renewal Certificate. No changes for me, yet.
20200617_144849.jpg

disneygeek90

also what kind of AP was it? Platinum?
The two passes that updated were monthly gold that chose to extend the length of the pass. I have a gold paid in full that's not updated yet. I wonder if they're taking care of the "Option 2" people first.

Don't remember the expiration dates specifically but it was sometime in December and is now reflecting 4/4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom