I am sick of it

historymystery

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hi everyone I would just like to say that I am sick and tired of hearing how bad Disney movies are. I mean look at all the Disney movies. Every single one. From Snow White to Finding Nemo. There have ALWAYS been duds. Alice and Wonderland was considered a flop. Disney said so himself, don't ask me how or when but I know he did. Now a flop would be like Cinderella 2. I think sequels are a very good idea. Yes I know Walt Disney said that he didn't like the idea but oh well. Let the poor guy rest already. Anyway not all sequels are bad such as the following:

Rescuers 2, Pocahontas 2, Lion King 2, Beauty and the Beast 2 & 3, Little Mermaid 2, and Peter Pan 2.

Now I also think The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 was good too. I think the animation could have been a lot better but the story was great. But oh well. As far as new movies go I think they are going in a great direction as they always have! I mean since 1998 we have had movies like Tarzan, Toy Story, and Lilo and Stitch. I don't think that Disney should use Pixar in almost all there animating though. On that I will agree with you. But for the most part Disney has always continued to do great!

Jacques Muller

The problem is the confusion that the Disney Management has achieved in the public among its animated products; in the past, there was no features for TV or straight to video. There were Features for the big screen, and that was it. Awaiting for the next Disney to hit the screens was a big event then. Now we have products that are made with different levels of budgets, different level of artistry and know how. You cannot compare Cinderella I and Cinderella II without noticing how dreadfull the sequel is. They completely missed the boat. Ok features were produced at about anywhere from $50 Millions to $135 Millions, the sequels are made with $15 Millions/ $35 Millions; There are made overseas with people who like for NIKE, are totally exploited; they work 60/70 hours a week to get paid peanuts; But that's another debate. I happened to be one of the animators on Rescuers II; That movie was still made in Burbank in 1989, with a generous budget. But as we go, Features are going to be phased out to be replaced by TV sub products, made at a tenth of the cost overseas. The management would have us believe that it is the same stuff. But not everybody is that dumb to believe it!

Jacques Muller

Walt created the bar of soap, Mr Eisner just made foam with it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom