I am not going back to WDW until...

LovePop

1. Disney starts selling annual passes again.
2. All the resorts and their food courts are open (I like visiting them and eating at the food courts).
3. All the playgrounds are open (I have a toddler).
4. Masks and social distancing are no longer required (but maybe recommended.)
5. Parades and Fireworks are back. (I don't watch them, but I like the atmosphere of seeing a parade or fireworks going on somewhere.)
6. All the restaurants must be open.
7. My 3 daily fastpasses

Other conditions I would like to see return but can live without:
1. Minnievans. It was terrible to see them go.
2. Magic Express yellow tag luggage delivery

bdearl41

I had a trip scheduled for April 2020 cancelled and rescheduled for August 2020 which we cancelled because of all the OP same reasons (especially FP+ for us)...........We are now scheduled for April 2021 and we will keep pushing it out until things are back to "normal" as much as possible...........For us, we wont go at all until these are reinstated......

There is ZERO incentive to stay at a WDW hotel right now:

1) FP (or new version of FP where we can still reserve in advance or guarantee getting on rides we want with no lines)
2) EMH
3) DIning Plan
4) Shows/parades
5) Fireworks
6) No masks
7) Restaurants all open
We already moved our May 2021 trip to October. No chance May is normal. Hopeful for fall.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I had a trip scheduled for April 2020 cancelled and rescheduled for August 2020 which we cancelled because of all the OP same reasons (especially FP+ for us)...........We are now scheduled for April 2021 and we will keep pushing it out until things are back to "normal" as much as possible...........For us, we wont go at all until these are reinstated......

There is ZERO incentive to stay at a WDW hotel right now:

1) FP (or new version of FP where we can still reserve in advance or guarantee getting on rides we want with no lines)
2) EMH
3) DIning Plan
4) Shows/parades
5) Fireworks
6) No masks
7) Restaurants all open

And if say they decide to do away with the dining plan, does that mean you will never go back? Not sure you ever answered in one of the myriad of other threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I am responding to an OP........
I’m asking a question which I genuinely would like to know the answer to. 🤷‍♀️

FWIW I’m hoping most of these things come back too, and by the time I can return to WDW I would think that all of them that are coming back will have done so. But I’m not convinced that all of them will return, at least not in the same way as they existed before. So I’m interested to know what your stance will be if it is announced that one or more of them are being radically altered. Is it a case of they must return or more of an ideally they will return?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Buck Wheelie

We made a reservation for the week of Thanksgiving. I'm hoping things are back to normal or close to it by then. We've cancelled two trips and the big thing for us is wearing the facemasks all day in heat. If masks are still required in November that might make us cancel again but who knows. If we don't go on a trip in our current use year we will start losing DVC points. Good thing is we've banked plenty of points for a couple extra trips.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

2. All the resorts and their food courts are open (I like visiting them and eating at the food courts).
5. Parades and Fireworks are back. (I don't watch them, but I like the atmosphere of seeing a parade or fireworks going on somewhere.)
7. My 3 daily fastpasses

LOL I agree with your entire list except I love Disney so much I can't wait them out. I went in October and returning tomorrow for another quick trip. I will say the park tickets are now extremely overpriced for what you get at the parks.... no fastpasses, fireworks and a large percent of restaurants closed, no meet and greets...

Upvote 0

DISR

After saying no, I decided to go New Year's week. I don't regret it, but I won't go back again during COVID. It was kind of a mixed bag overall, but for that week, the positives mostly outweighed the negatives. I wrote a trip report if anyone cares for more detail.

Upvote 0

plawren2

7. My 3 daily fastpasses

We have booked trip for November 2021 and hopeful that #2,#5 and #7 are back in place by then

Upvote 0

me_stitch

Premium Member
I just booked a trip for late August, going no matter what, it's my daddy/daughter trip before she starts her senior year of high school and she hasn't been to Disney World since 2011, a couple Disneyland trips but not DW, I did the same thing in 2016 with my older daughter. We'll have fun no matter what's open or closed, hoping the NBA experience is open by then because she'd love it ( she currently has several D1 offers so it's kind of her thing). I can't wait.

Upvote 0

LivFreeorDisney

We went in July just a week after they reopened and as far as rides go, it was the best trip we ever had at DW. We did each park twice and we were able to do pretty much all the rides each time. Wait times were 15-20 minutes or less for everything so that part of it was the best. The hard part was finding food since a lot of the restaurants were closed and we have two picky eaters. We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas which was great but again, most of the eating areas were closed. We're going back in April (took advantage of the two free park days offer) and hope that we'll have more food options but we fear the wait times for the rides will be a problem this time.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Forget the list of what Disney makes available. I am not going back until there is close to herd immunity (i.e., 70% of the US vaccinated against or had COVID-19). Sadly, I realize this means I will not be back at Disney for a very long time, but my health requires it. Hopefully by then, all FPs, dining locations, shows, etc. will be operational again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom