I am in serious need of advice!

Disney4Eva

Ok, as you can see in my sig, my family & I are heading to WDW on Monday the 18th. But the thing is, our park hoppers only have one day on them (my mom got them off Ebay). So, we've only got from 9 am to midnight to hit all the good rides in all four parks. I'm extremely skeptical that we can pull it off. My mom says since everyone had their spring break last month, hardly anyone will be down there, so the lines will be short. But I'm still not convinced. So, I'll give you a list of all the rides we wanna do. You tell me if it's possible to pull it off. And I'd really appreciate it if you gave us advice on how to save time.

We wanna do:
-Dinosaur
-Primeval Whirl
-Tough to be a Bug
-(possibly Kali River Rapids)
-Mission Space
-Test Track
-Soarin' (if it's open)
-(possibly Spaceship Earth)
-(possibly Ellen's Enery Adventure)
-(possibly Honey I shrunk the Audience)
-Tower of Terror
-Rock n' Roller Coaster
-Great Movie Ride
-(possibly Star Tours)
-Haunted Mansion
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Big Thunder
-Splash Mountain
-Space Mountain

Now, do you think it's possible to do all those within 15 hours? Keep in mind, we won't be sitting down to eat. Just grabbing stuff along the way.

Yes but you must be smart about it. the first question is. Are you staying at a resort hotel? if you are check out the Extra Magic Hours. which ever one has it in the morning of course do first. but if not go first to MK. the first ride you should do is big thunder mountain. Then head over to Splash mountain.-I suggest take the train It's the fastest way- then head over to space mountain but if the wait is over 30 min grab a fast pass. and head to haunted mansion. then back to space mountain do that then run over to pirates and anything else you want to do. after that take the monorail over to Epcot and grab a fastpass to test track -not a good ride do SE before this though- then get in line for mission to mars. after that your fastpass should be reADY AND if not do elens. They will take you 4 fast pass as long as your time passed you dont have to be right on time. if you are lucky soarin will be having a soft opening but they take guests from the exits of Mission mars and test track so look for a cast member with a group of people and ask questions. if not hit up honey and SE. then you can take the bus over to AK and hit up at least dinosour Kali Rapids and TTBAB but the line is long for this usualy. I do not suggest you do PW because you can do that at your state fair or boardwalk. finaly end the day with MGM. skip the fireworks if you've seen them and do TT and RR. if you get a fastpass for one of them get it for TT b/c it loads alot slower. afterwards take a walk to the GMR last.
I hope this isn't too confusing for you and you get to do all you wanted to. I'f not remember there's always next year.
Good Luck
Karl

Upvote 0

AEfx

bbll24 said:
I would definitely recommend going to MK first thing in the morning right at opening. You should run to Splash Mountain, and then ride BTMR. Then you should go to HM, PotC, and Space Mountain.

The reason I recommended the opposite is because the MK is open until midnight that night. It seems a waste to close at MGM when they only have one day and could get an extra three hours in - especially since they can hit all the rides you mentioned in 1-2 hours at the close of the day (the crowds dissapate after Wishes).

AEfx

Upvote 0

goofyfan13

BZB04 said:
Actually I have calculated that if you spend 30 minutes on every ride it will be (including waiting) 570 minutes. This would be arround 9 hours and 30 minutes. So, if you do everything as planned in the morning with epcot u should be fine. I hope u have a great trip. I'm going in June or July. BY THE WAY HOW WELL DOES THE PARK HOPPER WORK I'm interested in getting this for my family. Thanks in advance.

BZB

The odds of that amount of time for each of those attractions is next to none. Test Track will probobly alone be at least 50-60 minutes, same goes for RnR and Tot, SM, Splash(If it's warm) and Thunder, much less most of the other rides/shows that are at least 12-15 minutes in lenth, and the amount of time it takes to leave a park and go to another one, thats more time than you would think. I've barely been able to pull stuff like that off, and I go all the time, chances are it'll be pretty busy at that time, especially with HCOE right around the corner.

But to answer your question, the park hopper is great, but if you haven't been there before, sometimes it's good just to devote a day to each park and take it all in, there is so much more besides the rides to see. I love to do two parks in a day, but most often on trips, I do AK and MGM in one day, and devote one day each for MK and Epcot. If you want to do two parks in a day, the park hopper is AWESOME. Hope this helps. :wave:

Upvote 0

GymLeaderPhil

The Mom said:
How many times have you, and the rest of your party, been to WDW? There are many people on this forum who COULD do all four parks in a day, but they've been hundreds of times. :lol: If you have to check a map, or actually LOOK at things, it'll take longer. And the larger your group, the longer it will take to get from point A to point B. I agree with others that I might be able to do it if I were travelling solo.

Heck, at the last meet it took a bunch of "pros" over 15 minutes just to get everyone in line for RnR, nevermind actually riding it. :lol: "This is like herding cats!"

I've only done all four parks all at once for some Florida Residents during Raceweek in Daytona... twas scary. I managed to pull off three during the last Friday of Spring Break with some more locals with one day hoppers. We managed to hit everything they haven't seen before (Soarin, LMA, Cinderellabration, Philharmagic, Wishes, Mission: Space, Stitch) and a few of the classics. Its just important to have a plan and to know the amount of time you'll need to get to Point A to Point B.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

Disney4Eva said:
Ok, as you can see in my sig, my family & I are heading to WDW on Monday the 18th. But the thing is, our park hoppers only have one day on them (my mom got them off Ebay). So, we've only got from 9 am to midnight to hit all the good rides in all four parks. I'm extremely skeptical that we can pull it off. My mom says since everyone had their spring break last month, hardly anyone will be down there, so the lines will be short. But I'm still not convinced. So, I'll give you a list of all the rides we wanna do. You tell me if it's possible to pull it off. And I'd really appreciate it if you gave us advice on how to save time.

We wanna do:
-Dinosaur
-Primeval Whirl
-Tough to be a Bug
-Mission Space
-Test Track
-Soarin' (if it's open)
-Tower of Terror
-Rock n' Roller Coaster
-Great Movie Ride
-(possibly Star Tours)
-Haunted Mansion
-Big Thunder
-Splash Mountain
-Space Mountain

Now, do you think it's possible to do all those within 15 hours? Keep in mind, we won't be sitting down to eat. Just grabbing stuff along the way.

This can be done. Its gonan be routgh, but it can be done. Use fastpass as much as humanly possible. Start at DAK, then either MGM or EPCOT and finish at MK.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Well first of all, are your PARENTS up for the challenge?

If I were you I'd only do 1 or 2 parks or you're not going to have a good time. Disney will be there for a long time, no need to kill yourself doing everything in one day. If I were you I'd go to Epcot first and hit all your favorite attractions there, eat a good lunch, then take the monorail over to Magic Kingdom and spend the rest of the day there. It will be much more enjoyable to do that.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I can't believe that no one has noticed the one thing she has said in her post that could be a major potential pitfall. You commented that your mother got the park-hopper tickets off e-bay. The problem is that there is no way to guarantee that those tickets are still valid until you get to the parks. So your mom might have spent money on tickets that aren't worth anything. So all this planning on how to hit the most rides possible in one day MIGHT be moot. You might have to buy tickets when you get there. That is something you might also want to consider when planning your trip.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

Well, i was going with the idea that it was a valid park hopper. Kinda like trying to do the Parade Trifecta or Evening Show Trifecta. The whole "is this possible"? Type thing.

Now are they utterly screwed by buying tickets off ebay? Ummmmm i wouldnt.

Upvote 0

goofyfan13

nibblesandbits said:
I can't believe that no one has noticed the one thing she has said in her post that could be a major potential pitfall. You commented that your mother got the park-hopper tickets off e-bay. The problem is that there is no way to guarantee that those tickets are still valid until you get to the parks. So your mom might have spent money on tickets that aren't worth anything. So all this planning on how to hit the most rides possible in one day MIGHT be moot. You might have to buy tickets when you get there. That is something you might also want to consider when planning your trip.

Truthfully that is the first thing I thought of when I saw "bought tickets on Ebay." I honestly shuddered(sp?) at the thought. I just decided to answer the "Is this possible" question.

Upvote 0

AEfx

goofyfan13 said:
Truthfully that is the first thing I thought of when I saw "bought tickets on Ebay." I honestly shuddered(sp?) at the thought. I just decided to answer the "Is this possible" question.

Same here. Buying tickets off of eBay is a crapshoot. Let's just hope for the best.

AEfx

Upvote 0

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
Disney4Eva said:

We wanna do:
-Dinosaur
-Primeval Whirl
-Tough to be a Bug
-Mission Space
-Test Track
-Soarin' (if it's open)
-Tower of Terror
-Rock n' Roller Coaster
-Great Movie Ride
-(possibly Star Tours)
-Haunted Mansion
-Big Thunder
-Splash Mountain
-Space Mountain

I can never understand why people want to rush through Disney as fast as possible. The most fun I've ever had at WDW is just relaxing, taking it slow, and letting it all sink in. You don't need to "hit every ride" to have fun at WDW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom