I’ve got a Steam Deck. Recommend some classics for emulation.

Mike S

Original Poster
Title says it all. What games do you recommend? To make things simple I’ll also put a list here of games I’m already considering by platform. Some are first time plays, some I’ve bought multiple times over, some are filled with personal nostalgia, and others are simply not available by legitimate means. I want to have them all in one convenient place.

SNES:
Donkey Kong Country Trilogy
Super Metroid
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Jurassic Park
Aladdin
The Lion King
Super Godzilla

Game Boy/Color:
Metroid 2
Wario Land series
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

Genesis:
Aladdin
Jurassic Park Rampage edition

*I’m not interested in Sonic, lol

N64:
Banjo Kazooie & Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Yoshi’s Story
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Ocarina of Time & Majora’s Mask
Paper Mario
Star Fox 64

PlayStation:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
The Mummy
Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles
Alien Trilogy

GameCube:
Pokémon Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness
Luigi’s Mansion
Eternal Darkness
The Haunted Mansion
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Peter Jackson’s King Kong
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Wario World

GBA:
Pokémon Fire Red & Emerald
Metroid: Zero Mission & Fusion
Super Mario Advance series

So what have you guys got? I’ve posted this same thread on Inside Universal and will update this list with additions I want to try from there as well.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

Title says it all. What games do you recommend? To make things simple I’ll also put a list here of games I’m already considering by platform. Some are first time plays, some I’ve bought multiple times over, some are filled with personal nostalgia, and others are simply not available by legitimate means. I want to have them all in one convenient place.
You hit a bunch that I would have recommended. Symphony of the night, link to the past would be the top 2 on your list for me, both are fantastic. I noticed there wasn't a lot turn based rpgs on your list, so I didn't put any down. If you do like them, I've got a bunch of good recommendations.

So I'll add:
Sega Genesis,
*Beyond oasis
*Crusader of centy
*Wonderboy in monster world
*Tiny toons busters hidden treasure
*Landstalker
*Gunstar heroes
*Rocket Knight adventure

Sega cd,
*Popful mail
*Mickey mania

GBA,
*All 3 Castlevania games
*Zelda minish cap
*Lady Sia

Gameboy
*Both zelda oracle games
*Links awakening

Sega Master system
*golvellius
*Wonderboy 3 the dragons trap

Turbo grafx
*Bonk 1 & 2

Mike S

Original Poster
You hit a bunch that I would have recommended. Symphony of the night, link to the past would be the top 2 on your list for me, both are fantastic. I noticed there wasn't a lot turn based rpgs on your list, so I didn't put any down. If you do like them, I've got a bunch of good recommendations.

So I'll add:
Sega Genesis,
*Beyond oasis
*Crusader of centy
*Wonderboy in monster world
*Tiny toons busters hidden treasure
*Landstalker
*Gunstar heroes
*Rocket Knight adventure

Sega cd,
*Popful mail
*Mickey mania

GBA,
*All 3 Castlevania games
*Zelda minish cap
*Lady Sia

Gameboy
*Both zelda oracle games
*Links awakening

Sega Master system
*golvellius
*Wonderboy 3 the dragons trap

Turbo grafx
*Bonk 1 & 2
I have those Zeldas on my 3DS plus the Link’s Awakening remake on Switch. No real burning desire to revisit them but I do need to actually play Oracle of Ages one of these days. It’s sitting there unplayed. You have reminded me though that I totally forgot about Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask! Those I can revisit endlessly lol

Mickey Mania I might consider after finishing the Castle of Illusion remake.

Castlevania I’m only really curious about Symphony due to its connection to starting the Metroidvania genre.

erasure fan1

but I do need to actually play Oracle of Ages one of these days.
Ages and seasons were both really good.
You have reminded me though that I totally forgot about Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask! Those I can revisit endlessly lol
Ocarina of time, I'm right there with you. Majoras mask, my absolute least favorite zelda game out of them all. Of course I don't like any time loop games so that explains it. Lol
Castlevania I’m only really curious about Symphony due to its connection to starting the Metroidvania genre.
The 3 gba Castlevanias and the DS versions are all Metroidvanias. So if it's a genre you like, they're worth checking out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom