Hypothetical 1-Week Trip

Wikkler

This is probably the wrong forum, but what would you recommend doing for a 1 week trip?

We might go in August 2015.

Is this itinerary bad?

Day 1 - Fly in, relax
Day 2 - Animal Kingdom, then Hollywood Studios
Day 3 - Epcot
Day 4 - SeaWorld
Day 5 - Relax at Discovery Cove, then have dinner at Medieval Times
Day 6 - Islands of Adventure
Day 7 - Magic Kingdom
Day 8 - Leave

LucyK

It's doable but very little time to see everything. For your AK/DHS day, I'd scheduled it on a day that DHS was having evening EMH so you could have more time on the park, leaving AK around 3PM and staying at DHS till closing time.

You don't say who's going with you but if you have a Potter fan in the family going only to IoA would be a huge disappointment since Diagon Alley is in Universal Studios. You would have to buy a park-to-park ticket and yo might not see everything even then.

When do you plan to leave on day 8? Morning? Afternoon? If you leave in the afternoon, why not make it a half a day at Universal Studios?

Upvote 0

Wikkler

Original Poster
It depends on the flight time. We don't really have big Potter fans, we figured IoA would have a better range of attractions.
What would you do in a week instead?

Upvote 0

LucyK

I never planned a week long trip before, but If I would here's what I'd do:

Option one I'd scrap either Seaworld or Discovery Cove, probably Seaworld. I know sometimes it's hard to make the decision but it seems you're trying to cram too much in your schedule.

Day 1 - Fly in, relax
Day 2 - Universal Studios
Day 3 - Epcot
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom till 3PM, rest of the day off to enjoy the resort.
Day 5 - Islands of Adventure
Day 6 - Relax at Discovery Cove, then have dinner at Medieval Times
Day 7 - Magic Kingdom
Day 8 - Morning at DHS, leave

Option two, with Seaworld.

Day 1 - Fly in - half a day at DHS (it'd be better if you arrive at the park not after 2PM)
Day 2 - Sea World
Day 3 - Epcot
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom till 3PM, rest of the day off to enjoy the resort.
Day 5 - Islands of Adventure
Day 6 - Relax at Discovery Cove, then have dinner at Medieval Times
Day 7 - Magic Kingdom
Day 8 - Morning at Universal Studios, leave.

Day 4 and 6 would provide some rest between all the excitement and you still would be able to enjoy the parks to the fullest. The difference between a 3 day ticket to a 4 day ticket is less than the cost for the hopper you'd need to go from AK to DHS and you wouldn't feel as rushed.

Universal is better done over two days, there's a lot to do in both parks. Plus you'd have time to eat at Citywalk or one of the hotel restaurants. There's some great new options on Citywalk with excellent food.

Upvote 0

mcurtiss

I liked flying in, arriving at around noon (2.5 hour flight or so), getting checked in and get to the MK for a few rides, dinner and fireworks. It's not that taxing unless you want ropedrop the next morning.

I also like a half-day at DD for eating and shopping.

My own preference based on the OP's post would be to spend more time at EPCOT and the MK and cut out Seaworld, but that's just me.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Well... Okay,
First, it really depends on EMH, which park is good to visit and which to stay away from. You could use August 2013/2014 hours to estimate what days will and won't have them.

Sunday - MK Night Emh
Monday - AK Morning Emh (sometimes)/HS Night Emh
Tuesday - EP Morning Emh/ (MK Night Emh sometimes)
Wednesday - AK Morning Emh
Thursday - MK Morning Emh
Friday - EP Night Emh
Saturday - HS Morning Emh

Then you have to check Universal/IOA schedules because sometimes they close early. And if you not big potter fans then Universal Studios Orlando is the better park to choose. It has a better variety than Islands of Adventure.

Also if you were going to do AK & HS in the same day, you would need park hoppers and buying park hoppers for one day isn't worth it IMO... that $60 per ticket just to hop one day...

You best bet may be to add a day and dedicate a park a day. You could drop a park too or take a late flight on departure day and spend the morning in Animal Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom