Hyperspace Mountain?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Disclaimer: I don't speak French and I've never been to the Paris park, but i'm posting this out of general curiosity: Is Hyperspace Mountain still at Disneyland Paris? I watched a YT video explaining the history of Space Mountain at DL park and the host said that Hyperspace was permanenent over at Paris (unless I misheard).

Hyperspace stayed at DL for 2 extremely long years before it finally went away.

cosmicgirl

I feel really bad for fans of Space Mountain. Do you know if it's permanent, or just that there's still no end date announced?
I don't know if they intended for it to be a permanent change, but knowing DLP's history it probably is. With the exception of a Halloween riverboat once upon a time they don't really do temporary ride overlays.
De la terre à la lune is deeply missed.

cjkeating

Earlier in the year there were some rumours that the ride overlay would be removed around the time of the end of the 25th anniversary.
I do believe that makes sense as allegedly some of the equipment for HSM was hired however something seems to have delayed it as the rumour went very quiet. It think it is likely that with the Phantom Manor refurbishment extended and them pressing ahead with the Indiana Jones refurbishment they didn't want 3 D/E ticket rides all closed at once along with Ratatouille also closed in WDSP.

The Enhanced Experience Plan at DLP can be fluid at time so I think it just needs to find its slot in the next year, a bit like how Dumbo was on the plan for early this year but it disappeared and has now reappeared for early next year.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks everyone for the responses. @fradz like I said I haven't been to Europe yet, but I did hear the soundtrack for SM and SM:M2. I think they were both unique. Hopefully they can find an identity for the ride and STICK TO IT. They've been yanking Space Mountain at DL left and right since the refurb in 2005, with the latest advertisement garbage being HSM. and I hate that.

shortstop

I recently went to DLP and did not like HSM at all. It’s a huge clash with the theme and aesthetics of Discoveryland as well as Space Mountain itself. The projections were also not as good as Disneyland’s.

atjimfromdisney

I'm *extremely* excited to experience Mission 2. First trip it was under refurb prior to the 25th anniversary, last few trips it's obviously been Hyperspace overlay. As a huge Space Mountain fan (I'm lookin at you Magic Kingdom), I can't wait to experience it as meant to be experienced ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom