hyatt regency grand cypress

speck76

The Hyatt is part of the larger Grand Cypress Resort.

The hotel is large, but it is older, and in need of some renovation. Still, it is probably nicer than most hotels in Orlando.

The rates are quite expensive for the product you get.

DisneyNirvana

We stayed at the Grand Cypress two years ago and checked out early!

It is very nice hotel, but it is older and I didn't like the location. The reason we checked out is the noise from the highway! They were doing road construction and there was a constant "beep...beep...beep" from the road crew backing up and doing their work on the road. This went on and on. Plus the pool is very large, but not heated throughout (certain section is heated). It is long walk to the pool area and the place just wasn't magical. We checked out and check into the Marriott Orlando World Center hotel.....which is awesome! Much better choice! It is secluded and the grounds are beautiful and spotless. Tropical flowers and waterfalls. Plus, there are good dining choices. We've stayed here several times. We love it.

ilPapa

Original Poster
DisneyNirvana said:
We stayed at the Grand Cypress two years ago and checked out early!

It is very nice hotel, but it is older and I didn't like the location. The reason we checked out is the noise from the highway! They were doing road construction and there was a constant "beep...beep...beep" from the road crew backing up and doing their work on the road. This went on and on. Plus the pool is very large, but not heated throughout (certain section is heated). It is long walk to the pool area and the place just wasn't magical. We checked out and check into the Marriott Orlando World Center hotel.....which is awesome! Much better choice! It is secluded and the grounds are beautiful and spotless. Tropical flowers and waterfalls. Plus, there are good dining choices. We've stayed here several times. We love it.

thanks, not what I was wanting to hear but I'm sure the roadworks will not be there when we get there!

:)

ilPapa

Original Poster
speck76 said:
Road contruction was still heavy in that area yesterday

we'l cross that bridge(or dirt track road) when it comes to it! :)

quite looking forward to using the regency club lounge as well:animwink:

dvm

It is a nice upscale resort, with great pools and grottos with adult and little kid water slides, surrey bikes (free), security guard/gated access, towering appearance, impressive atrium, etc. But, it's nothing like any resort on property, so I'm glad to say I've stayed there, but don't ever expect to return.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, and I'll answer them.

ps. we didn't here any road beeping noise, despite the road construction that has been going on there for years. We were on a very high up floor.

ilPapa

Original Poster
dvm said:
It is a nice upscale resort, with great pools and grottos with adult and little kid water slides, surrey bikes (free), security guard/gated access, towering appearance, impressive atrium, etc. But, it's nothing like any resort on property, so I'm glad to say I've stayed there, but don't ever expect to return.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, and I'll answer them.

ps. we didn't here any road beeping noise, despite the road construction that has been going on there for years. We were on a very high up floor.

thanks very much for your help.

what is the food like at the hotel?

is there a good selection at breakfast too?

is there anything within walking distance of the hotel, or is it taxi rides?

thanks!

dvm

Food - we only had the breakfast buffet = expensive/equivalent to a character breakfast, but better fruits and food quality. I'd still take a character breakfast over hyatt's anytime, now that I know.

Not much within true walking distance, as the hyatt is off the main road, then a turn down onto the hyatt's gated entrance.

The pool should be nice by now, as half of it is heated, and the other area hopefully will be warm enough to swim too. It is a neat grotto and rock wall type pool and big. Bring your pitching wedge and putter for the awesome chip and putt golf course just out back surrounding the lake, or you can borrow clubs.

We've always rented a car when down there. I seem to always get a rate of about $90 for a 3-4 day long weekend thru National, and that seems reasonable for me. Plus you can't beat the ease and convenience of free Emerald Club service, where you just walk out of MCO airport and into your car and leave, simple as that, no lines.

ilPapa

Original Poster
dvm said:
Food - we only had the breakfast buffet = expensive/equivalent to a character breakfast, but better fruits and food quality. I'd still take a character breakfast over hyatt's anytime, now that I know.

Not much within true walking distance, as the hyatt is off the main road, then a turn down onto the hyatt's gated entrance.

The pool should be nice by now, as half of it is heated, and the other area hopefully will be warm enough to swim too. It is a neat grotto and rock wall type pool and big. Bring your pitching wedge and putter for the awesome chip and putt golf course just out back surrounding the lake, or you can borrow clubs.

We've always rented a car when down there. I seem to always get a rate of about $90 for a 3-4 day long weekend thru National, and that seems reasonable for me. Plus you can't beat the ease and convenience of free Emerald Club service, where you just walk out of MCO airport and into your car and leave, simple as that, no lines.

thanks, Im 18 so my options for car rental are limited. its ok though. did you have a view of the fireworks at night?

ilPapa

Original Poster
dvm said:
no view, but I think the room location was the cause of no view. so request a viewable location.

thanks very much for your help.

I'm sure there will be something else I will come across that I might want to ask you though!

cheers.

just checked there, 37 days!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom