Husband won't wear Magic Band--what to do?

G00fyDad

I am fully Anti-band. I think I will be doing a little hack job on mine and just keeping it in my pocket.

I absolutely and completely love the bands. Perfect for us. However, there are so many people that do not want them that they should offer other "options", like keychains, pendants, etc...

loleec

Original Poster
What a good idea, GOOfyDad! I told my husband and he said he liked it but he will still be getting a card so he can do his little part in protesting the bands and the money that Disney used for them instead of new attractions.

JohnD

What a good idea, GOOfyDad! I told my husband and he said he liked it but he will still be getting a card so he can do his little part in protesting the bands and the money that Disney used for them instead of new attractions.

Not sure if this was mentioned but 1) KTTW cards are no longer offered but you can still request them. They are used for your room key / charging back to your room ONLY. FP+ is no longer included. 2) Request a separate card for your pass/ticket (green with a character on it.) This is for park admission / FP+.

Your husband can carry both cards in his wallet. Problem solved. The MB is a convenience -- nothing more.

lazyboy97o

Not sure if this was mentioned but 1) KTTW cards are no longer offered but you can still request them. They are used for your room key / charging back to your room ONLY. FP+ is no longer included. 2) Request a separate card for your pass/ticket (green with a character on it.) This is for park admission / FP+.

Your husband can carry both cards in his wallet. Problem solved. The MB is a convenience -- nothing more.
FastPass+ still works if you only get a Key to the World. It is FastPass that is being removed. Everybody is going to be using FastPass+ soon regardless of what type of admission they have or if they have a Key to the World card or a MagicBands. As of right now early FastPass+ plus reservations are limited to those staying at Disney resorts, but there is no discrimination based on ticket type or media.

JohnD

FastPass+ still works if you only get a Key to the World. It is FastPass that is being removed. Everybody is going to be using FastPass+ soon regardless of what type of admission they have or if they have a Key to the World card or a MagicBands. As of right now early FastPass+ plus reservations are limited to those staying at Disney resorts, but there is no discrimination based on ticket type or media.

Just looked it up. You're right. Even better. You have more redundancy built in by wearing your MB and bringing your KTTW and AP/ticket cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom