Husband won't wear Magic Band--what to do?

loleec

Original Poster
My husband refuses to wear the Magic Band for our trip in 16 days. I understand you can request a "Key to the World" card at check in. My question is: will the key card work for everything the band will do?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
My husband refuses to wear the Magic Band for our trip in 16 days. I understand you can request a "Key to the World" card at check in. My question is: will the key card work for everything the band will do?

Thanks for your help.

I do not think the key will work for FP+. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. :)

MaryJaneP

Carry it in his back pocket. It would be interesting to have him shove his behind up to the glowing mickeys but someone else will have to tell him if it turns green unless he has owl-like ability to turn his head 180 degrees. How long until they can implant the working parts (like a pet RFID chip) under the skin. Imagine the possibilities, forehead, elbow, foot, behind, etc.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
KTTW card will work with FP+. The only thing it won't do is the area-detect RFID things like ride photos automagically loading to you account, ride interactions that say his name [which I don't think are happening yet anyway] and stuff like that. Anything that requires "touch" RFID will work the same for MB or KTTW.

CaptainShortty

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the KTTW card will work exactly like the magicband does including access your FP+ selections. Just request it at C/I and let the cast member know that your husband doesn't want to wear the band.

jlsHouston

I will vouch for the MB not being bothersome at all either and I am picky about things on my wrists. The material of the MB was not itchy to me. It adjusts to different sizes. I haven't worn it in hot weather yet so I still have some reservations, but in general they feel like they are well constructed.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
After about 28 years of marriage, I estimating my DH has wore his wedding band maybe a couple dozen times.
No necklaces, watches either, not betting he will be sporting a Mickey Band either. He'd shove it in his pocket or take the RFID card.

loleec

Original Poster
That's interesting. I think I will get the grandkids to ask my DH to try it. He won't turn them down. My husband also won't wear a watch but keeps one in his pocket (he took off the band on the watch to do that). I actually wore it all day yesterday at home and the band was easily forgotten.

G00fyDad

You know.... he could just take the band and then snip off the straps. Then he would just have to carry around the little square with the Mickey head.

G00fyDad

I was just going to ask if anyone had tried this.

I have seen photos of the insides of these things. (Danged if I can find them now) As long as the band is clipped at least a half inch or more from the beginning of the slope that starts the bulge for the electronics it should be fine. Worst case scenario... they get a KttW card or a new band at the front desk.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I have seen photos of the insides of these things. (Danged if I can find them now) As long as the band is clipped at least a half inch or more from the beginning of the slope that starts the bulge for the electronics it should be fine. Worst case scenario... they get a KttW card or a new band at the front desk.

I am fully Anti-band. I think I will be doing a little hack job on mine and just keeping it in my pocket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom