Trip Report Hurricanes, Foot Pains and “What The Crocs Just Happened?” Anniversary Tale – A Sept/Irma 2017 TR (COMPLETED)

So here we are again… Another amazing trip is over.

IMG_4614.JPG

My original title for the is report was:

The Best-Laid Plans Of The Mouse & Men…
because so many of our carefully thought out schedules & plans were completely turned upside down by Irma and other “forces” along the way.

However, Ross and Julia who do not share my love for Robert Burns or John Steinbeck vetoed that and came up with their own title.

Before I begin our tale, I want to express and offer our thoughts and prayers to all who suffered in Hurricane Irma as well as Harvey & Maria. There are times when I joke about the fact that we were in Florida during the hurricane, but in no way do I not realize the devastation that was caused to so many.

That being said... Let the Trip Report begin! Who’s in?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We wanted to go on CoP, but it was temporarily closed, so we decided to visit our bear family. On the way, we realized it was time for the parade and Hope wanted to see it again so we found a spot near Liberty Square and watched.

IMG_6203.JPG
IMG_6207.JPG
IMG_6209.JPG
IMG_6217.jpg
IMG_6227.JPG

Ross and Julia didn’t really want to watch it, so they tried to find a seat in the shade while Hope and I watched.

IMG_6230.JPG
IMG_6235.JPG
IMG_6249.JPG

It’s a great parade – I don’t get tired of it, but I miss the nighttime parade and I wish they would get another one. Hope seems to think “Paint The Night” might be coming to WDW, but I’m not sure who her source is. Lol

After the parade, we made our way to the Country Bears. It was nice to get out of the sun for a bit and relax in the AC.

IMG_6257.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Tuvalu beat me to it. :happy: I love eating in the Rose Gallery.. especially when there aren't many others in there. It's so quaint and beautiful. :inlove:

I'm cracking up at your shirt reversal. :hilarious:

I'm glad we like Be Our Guest more for breakfast and lunch - I was sad to see the new changes for dinner. I'm hoping they leave breakfast and lunch alone.

Hot Topic (Julia's favorite clothing venue these days) deserves credit for most of our t-shirts this year. I thought it would be cute for us to wear the B&B tess but they were originally out of the proper sizes for Ross & me - so I joked we should wear them reversed. Of course I should have known he loved the idea. By the time I found our correct sizes, there was no changing his mind so we decided to do a half day each. You can imagine how many people stopped and had to make sure they were seeing correctly.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
It was HOT and we all wanted something cold. Julia had been craving a Mickey ice-cream sandwich so we picked one up at a nearby cart.

IMG_6261.JPG
IMG_6262.JPG

Hope wanted vanilla ice-cream and I wanted a Dole Whip so we headed for Aloha Isle. It was so funny, As I was figuring out how to join the line, Ross who was not familiar with this set up, cut the entire line! I watched as people started to give him death stares. I called to him, “Umm, Do you know you just cut the line?” He looked around and realized what he did. Opps! He quickly joined me on the line. Soon after, a CM came out and started directing people. Julia decided to double dip and get a pineapple juice while Ross got one of the new pineapple spears. They gave him a knife and a spoon – but no fork. It was a little awkward to eat and he said wasn’t anything he would order again.

IMG_6263.JPG
IMG_6268.JPG
IMG_6270.JPG

We made a trip to HM.

IMG_6278.JPG

Hope was still not crazy about those omnimovers. She held her ears for most of the ride. I really have to figure this out before our next trip! I HATE that she loved these rides and now, they bother her!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It was HOT and we all wanted something cold. Julia had been craving a Mickey ice-cream sandwich so we picked one up at a nearby cart.

View attachment 267731View attachment 267732

Hope wanted vanilla ice-cream and I wanted a Dole Whip so we headed for Aloha Isle. It was so funny, As I was figuring out how to join the line, Ross who was not familiar with this set up, cut the entire line! I watched as people started to give him death stares. I called to him, “Umm, Do you know you just cut the line?” He looked around and realized what he did. Opps! He quickly joined me on the line. Soon after, a CM came out and started directing people. Julia decided to double dip and get a pineapple juice while Ross got one of the new pineapple spears. They gave him a knife and a spoon – but no fork. It was a little awkward to eat and he said wasn’t anything he would order again.

View attachment 267733View attachment 267734View attachment 267735

We made a trip to HM.

View attachment 267736

Hope was still not crazy about those omnimovers. She held her ears for most of the ride. I really have to figure this out before our next trip! I HATE that she loved these rides and now, they bother her!

I'm missing something... they just handed him a chunk of pineapple on the rind??

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Where's the Rum?

lol Ross drank "too much" when he was the tender age of 13 and the episode scared him so much that he has NEVER had another drink. Not a beer nor a glass of wine - not even a sip of champagne on New Year's Eve. So no rum for him! He is strictly an orange juice or a Sprite with lemon man. I am not a drinker either, although I can have a glass of wine here and there, but I joke with him saying how "boring" my TR must be without all those fancy drink pictures!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Hope wanted to meet talking Mickey and we had a return time, so we headed toward the front of the park. I told Ross I wanted to stop and pick up Julia’s SOTMK cards before we went to Mickey. And here is the moment when I realize that my husband has got to be Autistic...

As we were leaving the firehouse and heading across for Mickey, Hope wanted a picture in front of all the pumpkins. I said no problem, we were passing by anyway so why not just pause and get a quick picture. Well, all of a sudden Ross had a huge meltdown. He was so upset that I wanted to stop for a picture. He kept saying, “But we were heading for Mickey… The plan is to go to Mickey… You can’t just change the plans… This is not what we are supposed to be doing…” I thought he was ready to nervous breakdown. I looked at him and said, “Are you serious? You have got to be Autistic! You can’t just stop for a picture?”

I made us stop. He was not happy.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404981544654.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404981544665.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404981544676.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404981901273.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404981901277.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404981901278.JPG

We joked about it, but in all honesty, I do think he has some issues. Lol When we returned home, I realized that when he goes grocery shopping, he has to go up and down every aisle of the supermarket in order – something that I had to break Hope from doing. All these years and I never realized my husband was the same!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hope wanted to meet talking Mickey and we had a return time, so we headed toward the front of the park. I told Ross I wanted to stop and pick up Julia’s SOTMK cards before we went to Mickey. And here is the moment when I realize that my husband has got to be Autistic...

As we were leaving the firehouse and heading across for Mickey, Hope wanted a picture in front of all the pumpkins. I said no problem, we were passing by anyway so why not just pause and get a quick picture. Well, all of a sudden Ross had a huge meltdown. He was so upset that I wanted to stop for a picture. He kept saying, “But we were heading for Mickey… The plan is to go to Mickey… You can’t just change the plans… This is not what we are supposed to be doing…” I thought he was ready to nervous breakdown. I looked at him and said, “Are you serious? You have got to be Autistic! You can’t just stop for a picture?”

I made us stop. He was not happy.

View attachment 267800View attachment 267801View attachment 267802View attachment 267803View attachment 267804View attachment 267805

We joked about it, but in all honesty, I do think he has some issues. Lol When we returned home, I realized that when he goes grocery shopping, he has to go up and down every aisle of the supermarket in order – something that I had to break Hope from doing. All these years and I never realized my husband was the same!!

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way he shops. :cautious: I have to go up and down every aisle in the grocery store too. It's mostly because if I don't arrange my list that way I end up going back and forth in the store 10 times! :);)

And it is good that you stopped for the pictures, they are nice family pictures!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I don't think there is anything wrong with the way he shops. :cautious: I have to go up and down every aisle in the grocery store too. It's mostly because if I don't arrange my list that way I end up going back and forth in the store 10 times! :);)

And it is good that you stopped for the pictures, they are nice family pictures!

Thank you! I guess I will cut him some slack! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom