Hurricane Joanna

drknow77

If these threads annoy you, don't read them! The title of the thread makes it pretty obvious what the contents are. There are people (like me) that like to read about this, since I am traveling to WDW soon. I understand it could change very quickly, but considering the amount of money and time we've spent on our upcoming trip, I'm pretty concerned about any *possible* hurricanes that might be coming through.

PhotoDave219

Im sorry, but if its not an emminant threat to WDW such as Charley, Frances and Ivan was, i dont see how Its appropriate. As youve proved, there are sites out there that aren't disney related, dedicated especially to hurricanes. Since this storm has nothign to do withDisney, its not relevant.

Have a magical day.

disneymoc

PhotoDave219 said:
Im sorry, but if its not an emminant threat to WDW such as Charley, Frances and Ivan was, i dont see how Its appropriate. As youve proved, there are sites out there that aren't disney related, dedicated especially to hurricanes. Since this storm has nothign to do withDisney, its not relevant.

Have a magical day.
I'm not taking sides here, just throwing something out.

Every tropical storm as the "potential" to affect weather at WDW. With that said, let people post this info as they may.

However, I am tired of hearing about hurricanes, but not because of these threads. Simply because, the hurricane season never seems that it is going to end.

Illuminatus

Yes I also live in Florida and would definitely rather here about it sooner than later. So thank you for posting this even though it is pretty far away because I haven't heard about it yet with all the coverage being on Ivan.

Stitchfan712

Original Poster
Why only discuss it if it's an immediate threat though? Isn't it better to know about it beforehand if there's a chance that it might affect your area? My intent was not to create panic guys, never. Just wanted to discuss it.

I'm sorry that you guys feel my intentions were somehow bad with this thread but honestly, they weren't. I'm really surprised to see the reaction here, and likewise ashamed of myself for even mentioning this future hurricane. I really never would have thought this would be the response. :-/

disneymoc

Stitchfan712 said:
Why only discuss it if it's an immediate threat though? Isn't it better to know about it beforehand if there's a chance that it might affect your area? My intent was not to create panic guys, never. Just wanted to discuss it.

I'm sorry that you guys feel my intentions were somehow bad with this thread but honestly, they weren't. I'm really surprised to see the reaction here, and likewise ashamed of myself for even mentioning this future hurricane. I really never would have thought this would be the response. :-/
Please don't have this prevent you from posting things in the future. Your insight is always appreciated.

PhotoDave219

drknow77 said:
If these threads annoy you, don't read them! The title of the thread makes it pretty obvious what the contents are. There are people (like me) that like to read about this, since I am traveling to WDW soon. I understand it could change very quickly, but considering the amount of money and time we've spent on our upcoming trip, I'm pretty concerned about any *possible* hurricanes that might be coming through.
Its called the weather Channel.

For the record, Joanna is not a hurricane; has winds of 40 MPH and a very high pressure. Its also forecast to turn north and skirt the coast. Everyone happy now? :fork:

aimster

ntn_haqqer said:
The Pacific Name Storms use a different name list than the Atlantic does.
Yeah I forgot about that. My bad.

You play NTN trivia too? So do I! What's your handle/home location? I'm on there as "aim" and I usually play at Peabody's in Tampa... usually on Friday nights.

Oh and the storm's name is Jeanne, not Joanna. I got this off the Weather Channel's website:

Meanwhile, a new tropical storm, Jeanne, has formed in the northern Lesser Antilles. Tropical storm warnings are in effect for Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Jeanne is expected to strengthen as it churns toward the WNW, probably swirling over Puerto Rico tomorrow, then moving just north of Hispaniola Thursday and Thursday night.

Atta83

PhotoDave219 said:
Joanna is not a hurricane

Yeah the last time I looked it was just a system, not even named yet. I seconed looked that because i did not hear anything about it on the news this morning, though they were talking about that system.

corran horn

Stitchfan712 said:

I'm sure your intentions weren't bad. I think us FL people just suffered a bit from the 'Ivan Effect' before and during Frances. While you're getting slugged around by a hurricane you don't really want to hear about the next one coming.

nicholas

Would it make everyone happy if it was just moved to Chit Chat?

I for one appreciate being alerted of possible things to keep my eyes out for since I am coming in less than two weeks and this could affect my trip.

Yes, it currently does not affect WDW, but nothing else in Chit Chat does either, so let's just move it on over there and everyone can be happy.

aimster

Just to state for the record again, the storm's name is JEANNE, not Joanna. And it's only supposed to stay a tropical storm.

:: slowly backs out of thread ::

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom