Hulk Coaster versus Disney Coasters

NICE8x

Original Poster
Last year I did a big Disney trip with a friend (thank you to everyone here for all the great advice about that trip-it was amazing). This year I am doing a Universal trip. I've only ever been to Universal once for one day-we did both parks but I did not ride the Hulk coaster. Typically I've always been afraid of any and all coasters but last year when I went to Disney my friend convinced me to try RnR and EE and I LOVED both coasters.

I had actually always loved Space Mountain but I was afraid of RnR because of the loop and corkscrews. However I loved the feel of the launch and the loop/corkscrews. I think the launch and the loop were my favorite parts. I enjoyed the speed of the launch and then the loop felt like climbing a steep hill or something.

I also loved EE. My favorite part was going backwards and that sensation of being "pulled back". I don't know how else to describe it-that very intense part was amazing.

I also tried ToT and loved that too! I was always afraid of it but I found the longer the drops the more fun.

I also enjoyed the drops on Splash Mountain.

HOWEVER I HATE Mission Space: Orange. I went on it once and I felt super nauseous. The g forces created by spinning made me feel sick and I was panicking on the ride and praying for when it would end. It was a truly terrible experience.

So now I'm trying to decide whether to go on the Hulk or not. I felt really brave after loving RnR and EE and ToT but now I'm reading RnR is like a baby coaster compared to the Hulk. I am leaning towards trying it but I'm afraid of feeling that panicked feeling I felt on Mission Space. I asked my brother what he thought of the Hulk in comparison to RnR and he was afraid to tell me to try it cause it's so much more intense.

I also loved RnR and EE and ToT because I couldn't see what was happening or where I was. I have a mild fear of heights so I actually preferred being in the dark and I'm kind of scared of seeing how high up I'll be on Hulk since it's outside (not that I can't close my eyes...).

Anyways what do people think? Would Hulk make me feel like Mission Space since there are so many loops or should I try it once?

TwilightZone

Mission Space is very different than a coaster. It's basically a thing that spins you around. This causes it to be infamous in the park community as one of the few rides that would make someone sick.

Here's a video of how mission space works to get a better idea

Hulk coaster will not make you sick or panicked because the loops of Hulk work differently than the spins of Mission Space.

I hoped this helped, I'm not super great at explaining things.

The Pho

So judging by the parts of Rockin and Everest that you said were your favorites, you will love Hulk. It may look more intimidating, but it’s really not. The launch is the biggest part that would turn most away and you said you loved the launch on Rockin.

It’s a great coaster, give it a chance. And don’t sit out Rockit or Mummy either.

JoeCamel

It is only 7 inversions, not world breaking numbers. Try to ride the inside seats, they are smoother. It can be pretty rough

BubbaQuest

If you enjoyed RnR, you should enjoy Hulk too. I would say the launch and first half of the coaster is a similar intensity. Hulk tends get a little more intense towards the end as there are some tight back-to-back turns/loops, but if you are already okay with the loops of RnR then Hulk should be fun too, just a bit more intense.

I think you would be surprised if you saw the convoluted layout of RnR outside. It doesn't look that much different than Hulk outside. Happy to post pics of the exact RnR layout at another park but don't want to spoil it if you'd rather keep the inside illusion!

I like the outside Hulk better because you get a better feeling of the scale of the whole thing while you are riding it.

TraderSam

Anyways what do people think? Would Hulk make me feel like Mission Space since there are so many loops or should I try it once?

Hulk was one of the first real coasters I rode, and it's a blast. It's not too rough. If you can handle RnR, Hulk shouldn't be a problem. And the heights are over before you know it (probably 10-15 seconds?), but I must admit, it's a lot of fun going under the walkway.

Give it a shot. It's the right balance of good design and adrenaline.

The Empress Lilly

Hulk is slightly more intense than RnRC.

Plus it keeps the excitement up longer. RnRC peters out a bit after the opening, Hulk keeps throwing more goodies at you!

Tom Morrow

I suggest riding in the front, or asking to be near the front. It is noticeably smoother and also less forceful. Sometimes Hulk is very smooth, other times the B&M rattle is strong and the ride is uncomfortable and headache-inducing. It is probably the most temperamental roller coaster I've been on.

OG Runner

I am not sure why, maybe I am just a big baby, :D, but I can do Rock & Roller Coaster all day long. I love it, everything from
the quick start to the inversions. I can't seem to get myself on the Hulk Coaster. I just do so much better with the indoor coasters.

OG Runner

When will you be making your trip to Universal? You know none of the advice and information is free. We all expect a report
on your experience to determine if what we told you, was how you experienced it.

NICE8x

Original Poster
When will you be making your trip to Universal? You know none of the advice and information is free. We all expect a report
on your experience to determine if what we told you, was how you experienced it.

I’m going the week of May 5th so I’ll be sure to report back after how the Hulk was for me. I’m hoping I love it as much as RnR!

NICE8x

Original Poster
Hey everyone we just got back from Universal yesterday. I had an amazing time. I was really nervous waiting in line to try the Hulk but I did it and I'm so glad I did because it turned out to be one of my favorite rides at the park. It was so much fun and I liked it even better than RnR. I did it as many times as I could. (As a single rider during the first week of May this was a lot of times-I lost count lol).

At one point the woman checking our restraints said "Is this like your fourth time riding?"

I also pushed myself to try the RRR which I actually really enjoyed the first couple of times (though not even close to as much as I loved the Hulk). However the last couple of times I rode the RRR, I found the ride really rough and my head got shook so much I got a headache.

The Hulk was so smooth and fast most of the time. My favorite parts were the big normal loops and the launch into the zero-g roll.

Brainleech419

Hey everyone we just got back from Universal yesterday. I had an amazing time. I was really nervous waiting in line to try the Hulk but I did it and I'm so glad I did because it turned out to be one of my favorite rides at the park. It was so much fun and I liked it even better than RnR. I did it as many times as I could. (As a single rider during the first week of May this was a lot of times-I lost count lol).

At one point the woman checking our restraints said "Is this like your fourth time riding?"

I also pushed myself to try the RRR which I actually really enjoyed the first couple of times (though not even close to as much as I loved the Hulk). However the last couple of times I rode the RRR, I found the ride really rough and my head got shook so much I got a headache.

The Hulk was so smooth and fast most of the time. My favorite parts were the big normal loops and the launch into the zero-g roll.
Glad you liked it B&Ms are typically smooth and I would recommend trying them where ever you go

OG Runner

Congratulations. Glad you had a good time on an untried ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom