Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit rollercoasters

joejccva71

Original Poster
Can I do Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit if I have no issues with Rockin Rollercoaster? Maybe cause I'm used to RRC that it doesn't bother me at all, could also be cause it's dark but I know when the loops/inversions are coming. How are Hulk and Rip Ride as far as the G's? Are they smooth?

Weather_Lady

I can only speak to the Hulk, but yes, if you can do RnR, you can do the Hulk -- it felt to me like speed and takeoff were similar in terms of force, although supposedly Hulk goes 0 to 40mph while RnR gets up to 60mph. I did find the Hulk to be a rougher ride overall, with much more vibration and rattling around. I just kept reminding myself to "stay loose" throughout. (I learned my lesson after I made the mistake of stiffening my neck up on a jerky coaster 20 years ago. I spent 2 weeks in a cervical collar recovering from the whiplash...)

Last edited:

Bairstow

If you can handle Rockin, I'm sure you can "do" pretty much any coaster out there.

That being said, Hulk is considerably more intense than Rockin, maybe not in terms of quantifiable G-forces, but the way it throws you straight from the angled launch into a cobra roll and then into a vertical loop is more violent than anything else in Orlando. I haven't ridden it since they refurbished the track, but in the best conditions a B&M coaster is just about the smoothest thing out there, even when it's doing crazy maneuvers.

RipRide is less intense than Hulk, or even Rockin, but if you have a fear of heights it may bother you, especially the vertical lift. It also is rather infamous for those particularly uncomfortable Maurer-Söhne restraints. Honestly, though, the most stressful part of the experience is having to empty your pockets into the lockers and getting wanded by the guards.

If you've done Rockin, though you're probably ready for both, and if you can enjoy the first 20 seconds of Hulk you're ready for anything the roller coaster world can throw at you.

Last edited:

BubbaQuest

I would say you'll be fine on both as long as you're fine with heights. I didn't find Hulk any worse than RnR in terms of roughness but your mileage may vary. I find Rockit to be more intense mainly because of the more open seating and some airtime near the end, but I assume Hulk pulls more Gs.

Spectro

Just don’t tense up on rip,rocket ride it’s a little bumpy compared to r n r but honestly as someone who used to be terrified of drops I love it. Hulk is very fast and smooth I love the part wher it drops over the lake I used to be a coaster chicken for about 5 trips then I grew a backbone ;)

Musicman20

Just don’t tense up on rip,rocket ride it’s a little bumpy compared to r n r but honestly as someone who used to be terrified of drops I love it. Hulk is very fast and smooth I love the part wher it drops over the lake I used to be a coaster chicken for about 5 trips then I grew a backbone ;)

I really need to just go on Hulk. I love EE and RnRC at Disney....

OG Runner

The darkness is my friend. For some reason, I have ridden RnRC at Disney about 10 times, and always enjoyed it.
I wasn't able to get myself onto Hulk or Rip Rocket.

sonoma15

LOL. If you look at it the Hulk and RnR are not that much different. I believe the Hulk predates RnR but they have the same launch system and both have loops etc. etc. The major difference is you can see the hulk and you can't see RnR.

I would say the Hulk is the better of the two. You need to man up and give the Hulk a try. 10 Times on RnR you have to be able to get on the Hulk. LOL. Or as my family would say, "Ride it or go sit on the bench of shame until we ride it.". There is one ride in Orlando that I don't like so I too have sat on the bench of shame. It does happen to the best of us but I have been on that ride 2 times so at least I have ridden it I choose not to do it again.

Have to say the Rip Rocket on the terror level is much higher than Hulk or RnR. If the visual scares you the first hill of RR is going to terrify you. You go straight up and then pretty much straight back down again. The choose your own music part is cool on RR and can take the edge off or amp it depending on what is going through your mind at the time.
Hulk doesn't have the same launch system as RNR. RNR has LSMs and Hulk uses tires.

ChanceH

I am terribly afraid of heights. I have rode RnRC at Disney about 25 times due to no visuals and loved it. After 2 trips I finally talked myself into growing a backbone and riding Hulk. Hulk is my favorite ride I’ve ever been on. Your moving so fast that you have zero time to realize your height and even the drops. Yes it’s more “violent” than RnRC but i didn’t think it was bad. The launch on RnRC is worse as you go from 0-60 and hulk is like 0-40/45 or so. You get your speed on hulk after the cobra roll and drop.

JoeCamel

I am terribly afraid of heights. I have rode RnRC at Disney about 25 times due to no visuals and loved it. After 2 trips I finally talked myself into growing a backbone and riding Hulk. Hulk is my favorite ride I’ve ever been on. Your moving so fast that you have zero time to realize your height and even the drops. Yes it’s more “violent” than RnRC but i didn’t think it was bad. The launch on RnRC is worse as you go from 0-60 and hulk is like 0-40/45 or so. You get your speed on hulk after the cobra roll and drop.
Next time ride Hulk at night. The view of the lights is amazing.

fosse76

The Hulk is has 7 inversions and a top speed of 65 mph. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster has a max speed of 57 mph and 3 inversions. The Hulk is definitely more intense. I do enjoy both, and both are definitely thrill rides. Rip Rockit, on the other hand, I find to be a painful, unpleasant ride experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom