Hulk and DD?

disneyparksrock

Original Poster
I was just wondering about the intensity of these two rides. I've never been on a looping coaster and everyone says Rock 'N Rollercoaster isn't scary. I went to Disney World during Christmas vacation and that was closed. I'm not going to Orlando anytime soon, but I was wondering if Hulk and DD are way higher on the intesity scale than Rock 'N Rollercoaster.

CAPTAIN HOOK

A looping coaster has to be intense - its the force of gravity that keeps folk in their seats as the coaster trundles upside down.

Personally I would say Kraken at SeaWorld is the least intense, followed by Duelling Dragons, RockNRoller Coaster and finally Hulk

teebin

The very first time on any particular coaster can be unnerving as you don't know what to expect.

DD for me continues to be extremely unnerving every time I ride it as you are suspended below the track; your feet dangling. The forces are such that you begin to wonder if your restraint system is in good operational shape. I always exit DD a bit wobbly. After DD, the sit down coasters are a piece of cake for me.

EPCOT.nut

I am scared of big skeleton-in-the-sky coasters! :eek:
Rock N Rollercoaster was so totally fun that I wanted to immediately get back on! I am going to IOA tomorrow and will ride the Hulk for the first time. Can't wait! :sohappy:

I will never, ever get on DD. :dazzle: I am pretty sure I would die of a heart attack!

Delly

I have to agree DD is the most intense for me too. I always feel sick after I have ridden, but it's so much fun :)

Jellyfish

The hulk and the dragon rides are more or less the only ones of their sort at orlando but i know i definetely prefered the hulk above all other rides, for the thrill especially :)

cmatt

I personally found DD to be not as good as Hulk, they are both excellent but my preference is for the Hulk

qft - i tend to find i get a bit too bashed about on on dd :eek: like ive just done a mosh pit for some norwegian black metal band....

hulk is definatly better :)

kcnole

To me DD is a much more intense coaster than the hulk mainly because of how much it bangs you around. To me, RnRC is the least intense of all the coasters in Orlando of that type.

Tim G

They're both good rides...

DD is just an inverted roller coaster... HULK has something special...

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would give DD a 6 and HULK a 9

malice

i was not impressed with the hulk. i sat in the front row and it was bumpy as hell. DD is awesome in a rainstorm, getting pelted in the face by daggerlike raindrops. but to answer the question both attractions are more intense than RNRC.

bobjl527

My wife, who is a huge coaster fan loves The Hulk. However DD made her a bit queasy. She rode Ice first, then immediately rode Fire. She thinks that maybe she didn't give her senses enough time to adjust. As for me, I avoid all roller coasters (with the exeption of BTMRR and Space Mt.) at all costs:hurl: :lol: .

jonnykeogh

Hulk and DD are both very different rides.

Hulk is a launching sit down coaster with a huge amount of intensity. The loops are also massive. But i prefer Duelling Dragons for one reason. THE FRONT. The front of DD, particularly Fire, is the best Roller Coaster experience I have ever encountered. The front of Hulk is pretty good as you have the wind in your face. But DD is a whole lot different as at one point it looks as if the other coaster is coming at you. Scary but the whole point is to scare you. Any other place to sit on the DD is pretty much like any other foot dangle, suspended roller coaster. Hulk is better at the back as you feel the force of the launch more. I love both, but I would say the best is the front seat of Fire, DD!!

kirst_al UK

I always come off hulk with headache as i've banged my head that much on those things they call headrests :) .......saying that it doesnt stop me goin straight back on !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom