HS on May 4th?

JAB

I'm in the process of planning our trip for May 2022 (which was originally supposed to happen May 2020). Our original plan had our full HS day on Wednesday (which was 5/6 in 2020) in order to take advantage of lower mid-week crowds. However, now that I'm re-planning for 2022, Wednesday of that week falls on 5/4. I've never been to HS Studios on 5/4 so I'm not sure how much of an impact (especially now with GE) that it has on HS studios attendance, so I'm trying to decide if the lower mid-week crowds offset any increase in HS attendance due to May the 4th, or whether I need to re-arrange my park days to move HS to a different day (possibly Monday).

JohnD

I'm in the process of planning our trip for May 2022 (which was originally supposed to happen May 2020). Our original plan had our full HS day on Wednesday (which was 5/6 in 2020) in order to take advantage of lower mid-week crowds. However, now that I'm re-planning for 2022, Wednesday of that week falls on 5/4. I've never been to HS Studios on 5/4 so I'm not sure how much of an impact (especially now with GE) that it has on HS studios attendance, so I'm trying to decide if the lower mid-week crowds offset any increase in HS attendance due to May the 4th, or whether I need to re-arrange my park days to move HS to a different day (possibly Monday).

Well, you're not directly saying it, but it's obvious you're aware it's Star Wars Day that day ("May the 4th be with you!"). So it's really up to you if you want to experience anything they have to offer regarding Star Wars that day. If it's not for you, visit on a different day. I think the difference in crowds will be a wash. Crowds who would ordinarily visit would be down in the middle of the week but then that would be offset by those visiting because of Star Wars Day.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

SW day will increase the number of people wanting to take part in the fun. DS got his park reservation so he could get in on May 4th this year. He is a big SW fan and wanted to get the special merchandise and do the new SW land. It was according to him to be pretty buzy, lots of guests dressed up for the day. If you want lesser crowds try another day, but with the RoTR and all the other popular attractions there now, no matter what day you go plan on crowd levels to be up there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom