HS and MK in one day?

jaygatsby

We want to RD HS at 7am. We are hoping to do all the new TSL rides, Star Tours, and maybe Muppet Vision and then head over to MK. There we have FPs for PP, HM, and POTC at 11, 12, and 1. We’re not super into rollercoasters (we’ll ride them once or twice but after that it’s no biggie if we don’t get to them). We have BOG ressie’s at 6:30 and want to watch HEA. MK closes at 11 the day we’re there. I guess I’m really asking if we can tack on HS before we go to MK and not be super rushed.

winstongator

You probably can. You need to get to ppf before 12:10 - 1hr window + 10 min grace (check on the actual amount, but they’ll give you at least 5). Say you leave DHS at 10:30, I’m pretty sure you’d be fine. I’d need to check times but I rope dropped DHS, did rnrc & star tours then got back to the Poly wi5h plenty of time for an ‘11:30 breakfast’. DHS opened at 8 that day. Pretty sure I drove, but one day we went to dhs in the am, we took the bus because I remember seeing a turkey out the window.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
You probably can. You need to get to ppf before 12:10 - 1hr window + 10 min grace (check on the actual amount, but they’ll give you at least 5). Say you leave DHS at 10:30, I’m pretty sure you’d be fine. I’d need to check times but I rope dropped DHS, did rnrc & star tours then got back to the Poly wi5h plenty of time for an ‘11:30 breakfast’. DHS opened at 8 that day. Pretty sure I drove, but one day we went to dhs in the am, we took the bus because I remember seeing a turkey out the window.
Do you think we'll be rushed at MK afterwards? It's going to be a long day and I don't want to have to rush around

Upvote 0

winstongator

Do you think we'll be rushed at MK afterwards? It's going to be a long day and I don't want to have to rush around
It will be long, but not necessarily rushed. How rushed will Depend on how many attractions you want to do between your fp and dinner and between dinner and HEA. You might be able to get extra rolling fp after your first 3.

Upvote 0

SwoopDaddy82

I almost said no it cant be done but after reading your original post i could actually see it happening. Of course traffic is always a concern not to mention crowds and navigating through them. I agree. But hopefully you dont get that rushed feeling! Have fun!

Upvote 0

21stamps

We did AK, HS, and MK (MVMCP) all in the same day last November, and we didn’t even get to AK until after 10am. It was a fun day! You can definitely do it! :)

My advice would be to use Uber to all of them.. I made the mistake of driving to the first two, I wasted a lot of time with that. Went back to the hotel and used Uber to get to MK.

Upvote 0

PeakSeason

Be cautious with any advice that tells you it's okay to be late for fastpasses. I really don't believe that there is any kind of official grace period. On our last two trips we witnessed people in front of us being turned away. One group audibly exclaimed that they were only 2 minutes late, the other was arguing that they were within the grace period and the CM firmly told them there is no grace period.

Upvote 0

wombat

We want to RD HS at 7am. We are hoping to do all the new TSL rides, Star Tours, and maybe Muppet Vision and then head over to MK. There we have FPs for PP, HM, and POTC at 11, 12, and 1. We’re not super into rollercoasters (we’ll ride them once or twice but after that it’s no biggie if we don’t get to them). We have BOG ressie’s at 6:30 and want to watch HEA. MK closes at 11 the day we’re there. I guess I’m really asking if we can tack on HS before we go to MK and not be super rushed.

I admire your bravery in trying to do this. I suppose if you only have 1 day to do both parks, then good luck and I hope you have a great time

Upvote 0

WDWMPrincess

As far as I remember Disney transport between HS and MK is by bus with all the attendant traffic jam possibilities. I think if it were me at that hour of the morning I'd probably instead take the boat over toward Epcot and then the monorail from there despite the possibility it might take a tad longer. Someone with more experience may want to correct me but since you'll need to arrive in time for that FP+ I would think that plan would be more predictable as far as time frames.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom