HP's Sponsorship to Mission Space Pavilion?

P_Radden

Original Poster
Do you guys think that with HP now split into two companies, HP and HPE, they will continue to sponsor the Mission Space pavilion?

Does anyone know when the current sponsorship agreement will expire if not renewed?

I personally don't much care for mission space. It was fun the first time I rode it (orange), but honestly for it to have an lasting appeal it needs different missions (similar to Star Tours). Plus I feel like it is kinda dangerous. I do not have any history of heart problems but I definitely felt pressure in my chest and almost passed out on it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Do you guys think that with HP now split into two companies, HP and HPE, they will continue to sponsor the Mission Space pavilion?

Does anyone know when the current sponsorship agreement will expire if not renewed?

I personally don't much care for mission space. It was fun the first time I rode it (orange), but honestly for it to have an lasting appeal it needs different missions (similar to Star Tours). Plus I feel like it is kinda dangerous. I do not have any history of heart problems but I definitely felt pressure in my chest and almost passed out on it.

They should make an attraction where you could choose where you should go...Like Desert, Sea or Space landscapes and see where our futures will take us.........Oh Yeah...They Flat out DESTROYED That dream...:bawling:
Horizons_Full_777.jpg

wdwjmp239

They should make an attraction where you could choose where you should go...Like Desert, Sea or Space landscapes and see where our futures will take us.........Oh Yeah...They Flat out DESTROYED That dream...:bawling:
Horizons_Full_777.jpg

That sign should've said, "Watch This Space For A Future Dream Dasher" ;)

Cosmic Commando

What I have always heard is that HP didn't even want the sponsorship in the first place, but they were stuck with it from buying Compaq. I wouldn't expect them to renew no matter what kind of corporate reorganizing they do or do not undergo.

matt9112

The replacement bearing has been sitting in Wonders for a couple months now, and there seemed to be progress towards fixing it a few weeks ago, but I've seen no sign of activity lately.

another example of Disney upkeep falling behind...sadly. hope it gets fixed.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I thought the contract was supposed to end two years ago. Clearly it didn't.

I'm not even sure if HP has much to do with space (and yes I know it was originally Compaq).

Bluewaves

I'm honestly surprised Apple hasn't stepped up with a sponsorship especially with Steve Job's family involvement with both companies

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm honestly surprised Apple hasn't stepped up with a sponsorship especially with Steve Job's family involvement with both companies

HP would probably have to drop sponsorship first, because I believe they can't have two directly competing sponsors at Epcot's main attractions....so no Toyota or BMW pavilions since there's GM (I wish we had a Toyota pavilion, or TESLA!)

PizzaPlanet

Horizons_Full_777.jpg
Apparently they got rid of it because the building was unsafe. However, I'm not sure that is entirely true.

Chef Mickey

I thought the contract was supposed to end two years ago. Clearly it didn't.

I'm not even sure if HP has much to do with space (and yes I know it was originally Compaq).
HP was not originally Compaq. HP, a much older company, acquired Compaq in 2002. This was a move that ultimately really hurt HP and ruined the company's innovative spirit (Thanks Carly Fiorina).

Retroman40

I wish they'd get the rotating prop from the movie "Mission to Mars" rotating again. What I'd like to see is a version that really reacts to the "team" input (like you can crash into the canyon walls on Mars). This attraction does fit well in Future World and could use some TLC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom