Howl-O-Scream 2003

Merlin0402

Original Poster
Has anyone heard anything about this year's event? Why is it that there has been so little news for this year's haunted events? They advertise them, and want you to buy tickets without knowing anything about the event? Grrrrrr...

WDWspider

Originally posted by The_CEO
If it isnt the one in VA it aint any good.

You can't beat the forest atmosphere. ;)

How scary is it? Or is there different levels to the creepiness depending on where you go and what you elect to do?

We are going to Williamsburg Busch Gardens in October this year and I was curious about what to expect. THe Howl-o-Scream page for VA is still under construction.

The_CEO

You will just love the atmosphere. Make sure to ride the train when its DARK. Don't ride it in the day. Or you will see all the props and it will spoil the surpises. Its one of the best attractions. THe train ride. Near the back is the entrance. Gets crowded so ride that first thing whenever it opens. But remember Darker the better! :)

They have some haunted houses. No Escape from Pompeii will open early around 12:00 in the afternoon. But the others and shows will be opened when darkness falls.

Make sure to catch the show in Octoberfest.

If they havent changed it from the yrs past. Its great fun!

If you have any other questions just post them:)

WDWspider

If you have any other questions just post them:)

Well, I do know that it's possible things may change for this year, but here are some questions:

1. Is it like family friendly scares or more like Universal intensity?

2. Are all the rides open?

3. Are there things happening throughout the park paths, or mostly in the houses, rides, and shows?

4. What exactly is done at Escape from Pompeii?

I've never been to anything like this before. :lol: I went to a Beach Haunted House when I was 7 and I have not been to anything like that since. :lookaroun But I figured Busch would do the best job and I know what you are saying about atmosphere, the Williamsburg park seems like a fantastic natural setting for spooky fun.

The_CEO

Originally posted by WDWspider
Well, I do know that it's possible things may change for this year, but here are some questions:

1. Is it like family friendly scares or more like Universal intensity?

2. Are all the rides open?

3. Are there things happening throughout the park paths, or mostly in the houses, rides, and shows?

4. What exactly is done at Escape from Pompeii?

1. Modern. Family friendly. Not even at the same level. Haunted houses wouldnt be recommened though.

2. Yes

3. Yeah sometimes they will have a guy witha chain saw running though a forest path..
Every a couple minutes on the bridge leading from Apollo's Chariot to Esacpe from pompeii.. A Fairy Tale comes true. * Hint Hint *

4. Haunted House Not recommended for children under the age of 20 lol

Figment1986

My Lovely sister is an Employee at Busch Gardens Tampa and I will be at their cast oparty for it hopefully... Even if i have to miss school the next day...

prberk

How scary is it? Or is there different levels to the creepiness depending on where you go and what you elect to do?

We are going to Williamsburg Busch Gardens in October this year and I was curious about what to expect. THe Howl-o-Scream page for VA is still under construction.

The Williamsburg one is great. The "Old Country" (Europe in teh middle ages) theme and heavily wooded park is super-premium for this event. I loved it, especially the train ride (which is cool for all ages).

They turn off all the lights in most rides and on the train, and they add a lot of spooky sounds and mist all around.... and a few live surprises. Very cool.

Best to avoid Saturdays, though. Massive crowds. Massive. All parking spaces are generally filled up, even auxilliary parking across the highway.

Figment1986

Originally posted by prberk
The Williamsburg one is great. The "Old Country" (Europe in teh middle ages) theme and heavily wooded park is super-premium for this event. I loved it, especially the train ride (which is cool for all ages).

They turn off all the lights in most rides and on the train, and they add a lot of spooky sounds and mist all around.... and a few live surprises. Very cool.

Best to avoid Saturdays, though. Massive crowds. Massive. All parking spaces are generally filled up, even auxilliary parking across the highway.

*planning on going to Willamsburg in 2 years...*

Epcot is my fav

If it isnt the one in VA it aint any good.

You can't beat the forest atmosphere. ;)

ur right the one in Williamsburg is the best!!! How much are the tickets...if i have an annual pass do i get a discount???

WDWspider

Going to Howl-o-scream in Williamsburg in two weeks. Had to go on Saturday though, but it should be very fun. I got my tickets and my room. I will post some pictures when I return. :)

Testtrack321

Not to burst your bubble, but watch their web site, Busch Gardens Williamsburg got hit BAD by Isabel. I wouldn't be surprised if it dosn't open for the rest of the season. But stay tuned....

WDWspider

Straight from the official Busch Gardens site:

"**Hurricane Update**

Due to Hurricane Isabel, Busch Gardens Williamsburg will be closed for the weekend. The park will re-open on Friday September 26."

Good call though, I did not even consider the Hurricane reprecussions in that area. I know we had some damage and I know that a lot of VA was out of power, but I did not consider the state of Busch Gardens for our trip. Still, it looks like things will be fine.

WDWspider

Sorry. I did go to Busch, but I got very very sick and had to leave after a few hours. I never got to take any pictures. We went to Castle O'Sullivan and the new 3D show, that was it. I had a BAD sinus infection and spent the next 4 days weak and sick. I was very disappointed and had so looked forward to this trip. Oh well, I guess there is next year.

Figment1986

Sorry. I did go to Busch, but I got very very sick and had to leave after a few hours. I never got to take any pictures. We went to Castle O'Sullivan and the new 3D show, that was it. I had a BAD sinus infection and spent the next 4 days weak and sick. I was very disappointed and had so looked forward to this trip. Oh well, I guess there is next year.

I feel sorry for you, Im going next saturday,(this saturday is a marching competition in laley near miami)

Ill try to get you some stuff, but my camera wont take good night shots...

woofboy111

I won tickets to Howl O Scream in tampa the other night from the radio . I'm probably going to go the day after halloween.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom