How your Park Preferences have Changed

cynic710

I remember a time when a Disney trip had to include a typhoon lagoon stop. I havent been there in 10 years.

my next trip this november will be the first that i travel as a dad. I will be bringing my then 20 month old son. im sure priorities will change yet again.:)

but, nonetheless, where else is there a place that can accomodate all the changes in your life??

OldAndBusted

Epcot and me

The first time I visited Epcot, I was extremely disappointed. Far too much emphasis on education. It's like they deliberately attempted to remove any semblance of fun. No characters for starters. It also seemed as though the corporate sponsorship was really, really blatant. i felt like I was visiting the GE commercial, the Exxon commercial, the enter-company-name-here commercial. And for some reason, I don't remember World Showcase at all. It must have gone completely over my head.

Today, the park has changed a little, but so have I. World Showcase is my favorite part of WDW. My wife and I spend multiple days circling the World Showcase Lagoon.

As to the Magic Kingdom, I can't help but see what's gone missing. The subs are gone. The sky buckets are gone. The uniqueness of each shop on Main Street is gone. The Magic Kingdom has definitely fallen in my eyes.

Neither Disney's Hollywood Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom has ever been much of a favorite to me. But I still regret the loss of the actual filming at the studios. The back stage tour that showed actual working sets was pretty cool. Today, it's just a theme park, not an actual working studio.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
First couple of trips...
1. MK
2. DHS
3. Epcot

Now....

1. MK
2. DisneyLand
2. Epcot
3. IOA + US + City Walk
4. AK
5. DHS
6. Typhoon Lagoon
7. Blizzard Beach

MK is #1 strictly based on sentimentality. DisneyLand is the original and the best overall park experience. Truth be told, Epcot is the park we visit the most these days. I combined the 3 Universal areas into 1 place because with their super close proximity we always visit all 3 in the same day.

lighteningqueen

I am going to be out of the norm here but:

iN 2009 We went to AK for the full day and totally enjoyed it. Its more than just rides.. We walked all the treks and paths and did everything there.. It was wonderful. We even watched the trainers or CM's feed the gorillas and watched how they signal them to do special things. We walked the tree of life trail and stood forever finding animals in the carvings.. If people would look beyond the rides in this park you would love it. Plus watching Devine, how does anyone get that skinny..Then the fact that Tusker House is the best Character or breakfast in any of the parks, and Flame Tree for lunch Yak and Yeti for Dinner..

AK
MK
DHS
Epcot love the food but its kinda boring with nothing to do in each of the countrys. Besides Norway,
If they had a ride or something in each of them it would be more fun.

We do like FW better than WS

JIMINYCR

I have been to WDW 10 times and had always ranked them as
MK
MGM / DHS ( because of a love for the ToT )
EPCOT
AK

but in planning my upcoming trip, for some reason in my mind I can't wait to get to EPCOT :confused: so my order has changed slightly to
MK
EPCOT
DHS
AK

MK will always be at the top of my list and the first one visited.

lbrad

As I age & my children grow into adults MK is tied with Epcot.
DH is a school teacher so we spend alot of time @ Epcot....I've come to appreciate it more.
We tend to spend more time at our resort "R&R" ...I am getting old:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom