How young is too young?

SCfireman

The first time we took our daughter she was 6 months old. She is now a little over 2.5 and has been there nearly a dozen times. Each time she goes she finds something new to explore. Taking your child to WDW will change the way you tour but it can be a ton of fun to watch your child take it all in. Plus if they are under 3 they get in free.

HouCuseChickie

My younger one was 2yrs and 1 month old on her first trip...and then 2 yrs and 9 mos on her second trip. While she was a bit meltdown prone b/c it's a lot for a little one to take in -she had a blast. She is the one who just swayed DH to take another trip this year. And if you make it a bday trip- there is so much you can do to make it special. We went for DD5's bday over the summer and it was wonderful!

mousefamily

Its my opinion that no age is too young to go to Disney. I took my daughter when she was 5months old and it was the most enjoyable trip for me, I didn't have to bring as much stuff as I do now that she is a toddler (I was a nursing mom) but she really loved being outdoors and loved all the commotion she's such a sound sleeper she fell asleep on the Kilimanjaro Safari. We've gone at 5months, 1 year, a Cruise at 18months (she was afraid of the characters if they got too close) and we are leaving Monday to go back to WDW, she is now 20months old. The biggest recommendation I would have for parents of any age use Babies Travel Lite and Garden Grocer (for WDW) to get supplies delivered right to the hotel, it saves so much luggage space and airport hassles!

nc_disneyfreak

never to young

we went for our first trip in 2010, my wife and i and our then 3 and a half yr old...it was perfect! he already knew most of the characters, could walk/ride in stroller good, we always had a snack ready and it was great....fast forward to our next trip (april 28th-may 5th) well be bringing our princess who will be just under 1 1/2 yrs old...she knows mickey pretty good as well as a couple others..were doing magic kingdom 3 of the 8 days, 1 pool, arcade, resort and dwntwn disney day, animal kingdom 1 day, epcot and hollywood 1 day as well...we figure magic kingdom is perfect for that age group and our son will be 5 so its primetime lol....were going in knowing we wont see everything (thats what nxt yrs for lol) so we should be good to go...everyones other ideas on here are great as well

CinderMama

Our boys were 4 & 5 the first time we went, and at the time it seemed perfect. Fast forward 6 years and we decided to try a trip with our 11 month old daughter. She truly loved every second of it. Granted, we had been on 4 previous trips with the boys and we try to travel at slower times, like September. We're always willing to roll with the punches and don't ever really follow any kind of commando type touring plan.

So like others have said. I don't necessarily believe there is any magic age. I do believe that children will feed off their parents actions/reactions, do if the parents are relaxed and enjoying the "magic", the children will be more at ease too.

chdice

My daugher was 3 weeks shy of her 2nd birthday when we took her, and it was the most amazing trip. She will be 4 in a few months and she remembers most of it. We made a photo book for her, so maybe that is what has helped keep the memories alive. We are taking her back in September along with her twin brothers who will be almost 20 months at the time. She already has the trip planned out for them ;) Will they remember this trip... probably not, but who knows. I will and it will be worth every dime spent, every minute "wasted" waiting in line, and dealing with every issue that will come up by traveling with 3 young children - that smile on their faces is priceless.

mamamouse

I think it really depends on the child my oldest was 11 months n had the best time my ypoungest was 5 months her first time n i wouldnt do that again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom