How young is too young?

Miss Bell

So, can we say take them at any age as long as you swear you'll take them back. My daughter is 14, and has many friends who went to WDW when they were between 1 and 2, but have never been back, and don't remember going. That doesn't seem fair to me. Take them now, but keep taking them again and again, so that they get to remember it in something besides a picture.

wannab@dis

Miss Bell said:
So, can we say take them at any age as long as you swear you'll take them back. My daughter is 14, and has many friends who went to WDW when they were between 1 and 2, but have never been back, and don't remember going. That doesn't seem fair to me. Take them now, but keep taking them again and again, so that they get to remember it in something besides a picture.
I see your point... but what about their enjoyment and simple pleasures at the time of the visit? Would you keep them for having the time of their life at the parks just because they may or may not remember it 15 years down the road?

TwoTigersMom

My son was 2 1/2 when I took him for the 1st time. He was GREAT!! He 's 4 now and still remembers a lot of it. I took him knowing that he would probably not remember any of it. That trip was for me and DH. I will always remember the look that stayed on my son's face throughout our entire trip. They don't remember their 1st steps, but I bet you always will. It's the same thing. I think the thing that made him the most easy going and even tempered was a leash. He never felt like he was trapped and couldn't explore what he wanted to because he was able to walk around freely and go where ever he wanted to. He also didn't have a sore arm from having to walk around the parks all day with his hand in the air holding mine. All the while I had the security of knowing he couldn't run off or be taken.
Also, he went with us to every restraunt we went to and did great. We went to LeCellier, Cali Grill, Jiko and Yachtsman's just to name a few. There was the occasional need to order dinner backwards for him just so he's stay entertained. Several meals we ordered dessert for him 1st, to keep him busy and interested. His dessert at Yachtsman was a white chocolate puzzle with a pallette of colors and a paint brush. Our waiter told him he had to color the whole thing and let him see it before he ate it. It was great! Our entrees were on the table when he finished. And he still ate his steak and potato afterwards.

Dragonrider1227

WDWEric said:
A lot of people on here will tell you 2(or 3) is to young, and that they won't remember it. We are planning a trip next spring in which my kids will be 1 and almost 3 and I can't wait!
I feel it won't matter if they're too young to remember it later. If they're enjoying it now, that's all that matters. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom