How would you book Animal Kingdom Lodge or Polynesian?

Missy_May

My husband and I have promised each of our daughters they can each choose a post-covid vacation and we will make it happen. My youngest has decided she wants to go to Disney World and stay at either Animal Kingdom Lodge or Polynesian. In the past, we've traveled with my MIL and used Vacation Club points, but we will be traveling without her this time.

How would you recommend booking at these resorts? Should I rent vacation club points? We rented through David's last vacation for half of our stay, and had a really good experience. Does anyone have other options we should look at?

nickys

Premium Member
My husband and I have promised each of our daughters they can each choose a post-covid vacation and we will make it happen. My youngest has decided she wants to go to Disney World and stay at either Animal Kingdom Lodge or Polynesian. In the past, we've traveled with my MIL and used Vacation Club points, but we will be traveling without her this time.

How would you recommend booking at these resorts? Should I rent vacation club points? We rented through David's last vacation for half of our stay, and had a really good experience. Does anyone have other options we should look at?
At the moment you can’t book regular rooms at AKL. And to be honest Jambo House is empty - nothing is open except the pool.

You could rent points or book direct to stay at Kidani. For Poly you can book from the late summer onwards. Or you could again rent points or book direct to stay in a studio.

Personally I would leave AKL until the main Lodge is opened. There Is so much in the way of resort activities that it is a waste IMO to even think of a staying At Jambo House right now.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I am partial to Poly as I stayed there for my last three trips. Poly is so much better, but with the monorail being closed and the lobby construction, I am going to pass this time. I am staying at Kidani for the first time in December. I rented points during the Christmas week for 8 nights and was able to get a standard studio for about $195/night (which I must point out is not normal pricing). Essentially, I am paying about $500 less for the Kidani studio than what I would have for a standard view room at Coronado Springs with the passholder discount and now I don't have to pay for parking either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MB_112095

I don't know if either of those would be the best option for a Disney stay. The Poly's lobby is being overhauled and for the $$ don't know if it would live up to expectations. I just stayed at AKL Kidani this past week. Most dining options are open at AKL Kidani but there's no quick service as that was always at the Mara which is at Jambo house. Also the Jambo House pool bar is only open on the weekend too which eliminated sitting by the pool for us as in the 90 degree heat we wanted a place to get water.

If I was in your position, I'd carefully evaluate what's open at the moment not what would be your dream stay at Disney World pre-COVID.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am partial to Poly as I stayed there for my last three trips. Poly is so much better, but with the monorail being closed and the lobby construction, I am going to pass this time. I am staying at Kidani for the first time in December. I rented points during the Christmas week for 8 nights and was able to get a standard studio for about $195/night (which I must point out is not normal pricing). Essentially, I am paying about $500 less for the Kidani studio than what I would have for a standard view room at Coronado Springs with the passholder discount and now I don't have to pay for parking either.
DAKL is the best hotel development in Disney history...just saying

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

DAKL is the best hotel development in Disney history...just saying
I don't mind it in general if I have my vehicle with me. I don't like being dependent solely on a bus or lyft/uber to get around. I stayed at Jambo in July and I didn't mind it---eventhough everything but the pool was closed. I would have went nuts if I did not have alternate transporation to get around. My husband prefers Poly and so do most of my family that have stayed there with us. My dad wants to stay at Wilderness Lodge next (hopefully in June).

Upvote 0

crawale

Love Jambo House but not until they open restaurants. Never liked Kidani - too far away from everything. Poly is a good bet - villa rooms can look out on MK. We stayed in a studio with two bathrooms and it was great.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom